Extend non-B Visa

Hi,

I'm living in Bangkok for the last 2 months by non-B visa, which will expire on 23rd March. I don't have a work permit yet, and my current company says it can take some time as I don't have some required docs for the work permit, I'll have those docs by end of March but by then my visa would have been expired. So, I want to know what are my options here,

• Can I extend my non-B visa? If yes, for how long?
  • Can I apply for a tourist visa before my non B visa expires?

And can I do these from Bangkok or, I do I have to go back to my home country?

Maximum extension you can get is seven days if not having a Thai family. 

You can not get your work permit on a tourist visa. 

You can not get a new visa in Bangkok, you need to apply for a new non-B abroad. 

Normally you can apply in Laos or Malaysia, unless there are restrictions on your nationality that forces you to apply in your home country 

4 hours ago, Myke11 said:

Can I extend my non-B visa? If yes, for how long?

No.

4 hours ago, Myke11 said:

Can I apply for a tourist visa before my non B visa expires?

No.

If your permit to stay expires before you can apply for an extension based on your job/WP you’ll have to leave the country and re-enter with a new Non ‘B’ or Tourist Visa.

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Maximum extension you can get is seven days if not having a Thai family. 

It’s not an extension. If he applied for an extension that was rejected he’d receive 7 days to leave the country. No extension is possible after that.

You can not get your work permit on a tourist visa. 

You can apply for a WP with a Tourist Visa But can't work until you have a Non ‘B’ visa.

You can not get a new visa in Bangkok, you need to apply for a new non-B abroad. 

You can apply for a Non ‘B’ visa in the country having entered as a tourist. 

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

I have entered Thailand as non-B Visa holder, can I apply for a new non-B visa in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Myke11 said:

I have entered Thailand as non-B Visa holder, can I apply for a new non-B visa in Thailand?

No. You’ll need to apply outside of the country at a Thai embassy/consulate.

7 hours ago, Myke11 said:

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s not an extension. If he applied for an extension that was rejected he’d receive 7 days to leave the country. No extension is possible after that.

That's the longest stay he can get, don't go into schematics. 

On 3/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, PoorSucker said:
On 3/1/2019 at 6:51 AM, elviajero said:

Not if you come from a country that requires you to apply in your home country. 

You claimed that "You can not get a new visa in Bangkok, you need to apply for a new non-B abroad.", which wrong, and why I corrected you.

But to clarify. If you arrive using a Tourist Visa or Visa Exemption you can apply for a Non 'B' in the country. I am not aware of any nationals that are excluded from that. Can you clarify?

On 3/1/2019 at 3:52 PM, PoorSucker said:

You can apply for a WP with a Tourist Visa But can't work until you have a Non ‘B’ visa

The OP is already in the process to get a WP. 

You said, "You can not get your work permit on a tourist visa."

To clarify. You can apply for a WP with a Tourist Visa, but it wouldn't be issued until the Non 'B' visa was granted.

On 3/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, PoorSucker said:
On 3/1/2019 at 8:38 AM, Myke11 said:

That's the longest stay he can get, don't go into schematics. 

It's not semantics. You referred to it as an "extension, which it's not. And because it's not an extension it's important to understand that no further extensions can be applied for if you're given 7 days to leave the country.

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

But to clarify. If you arrive using a Tourist Visa or Visa Exemption you can apply for a Non 'B' in the country. I am not aware of any nationals that are excluded from that. Can you clarify?

Please read the rules before giving bad advice, for example Indian national can arrive on tourist visa but need to apply for non - B in India. 

57 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:
6 hours ago, elviajero said:

Please read the rules before giving bad advice, for example Indian national can arrive on tourist visa but need to apply for non - B in India

Please read what other members write before commenting on the quality of advice.

You made a blanket claim that Non ‘B’ visas are not available in country. Clearly that’s wrong and misleading for other readers.

I asked you a question about which nationals cannot apply for a Non ‘B’ visa once in the country because I’m not aware of that rule. Thank you for your reply. Can you point me to the rules I can read to learn which nationals with TR or VE entries that cannot apply for a Non ‘B’ once in the country.