Russians, Chinese lead foreign arrivals to Thailand

rooster59

5 hours ago, ginjag said:

What it does not show you,   example,  on the beach virtually no Russian or Chinese hire deck chairs,  they sit on the sand.   how many Chinese do you see buying from street food vendors, how many Chinese hire motor bikes or cars.  What nationality is the loudest and most unclean in hotels (Chinese)Do Russians and Chinese integrate with Thai people and westerners ??  NO
Are these racist comments ?   NO  it is fact.  All other Asians and westerners integrate and spend money with and on local people.

My comments are about the majority of Chinese and Russian.

no, thats bs, a girl i know that rents out bikes said chinese was her biggest group.

russians are known to be cheap tho, as are iranians

46 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

Wow. From the comments, it looks like an average "quality" European tourist is an ill-bred racist. Come on, guys, where's your celebrating diversity and all? Did you leave your manners and moral values in your home country when you left for Thailand?

There are decent and hateful people in every nation. As for the comments about not renting the beach loungers and walking the streets without buying lots of junk food or whatever, it's just hilarious. You can't tell other people, how to have a good time, enjoy nature and chill at the public beach. Mind your own business (not speaking of the business of lending beach loungers lol). Peace to all.

Most of the so called haters are most likely and of various reasons involuntarily located in their home country and of the same reason using this forum to ventilate their frustration - Understandably enough ... :coffee1:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, elgenon said:

They take what they can get.

I read that it cost about 50000 EUR / year in EU to have a criminal in prison....

That is what they will take next...

( After the chinese, russian,  african... tourists are gong)

Well,Australie was original a UK prison island. And is more developed today than TH...

15 hours ago, Peterhua said:

I can tolerate the Russians as they do contribute to the local business community and some of the young females are quite pleasing to the eye when wearing bikinis

Well, that's mighty white of you, pal. The Russians will be pleased.

Edited by jgarbo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, john ianson said:

I once read that the prostitution in Pattaya ,Bangkok and Phuket is roughly 10% of all prostitution in Thailand ! Now is the female government minister who has declared she is going to rid Thailand of prostitution just going to clear the 3 destinations mentioned ? Or is she also going after the 90% which happens between Thai prostitutes and their Thai customers ?

I believe what you say, but can you cite a source?  I know Thais are the predominant customers, but I have read people write such things without supporting evidence.  Are these figures just a guess?

I think they are right.

Loads of Poo and Gob on the side walk, beach road Pattaya.

and lots of nasty Body odour on the baht buses and around the 7/11's

So yes, defiantly more Chinese and Russians in town. 

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

There were two Russians sitting outside one of my Pattaya businesses yesterday when I arrived to check doing the rounds. They were seated in an outside area normally reserved for staff.

The female one was swigging a can of Tiger Beer and was visibly drunk.

The male other was charging his phone for free using the socket outside our shop. His BO was so bad it was making my Thai staff gag.

I asked both to leave immediately. 

It could have been worse swigging Cheers 6% or lao khao........

15 hours ago, Ctkong said:

They meant non-Asian as non-white .... never regarded Russian as Asian at all... 

A large part of Russians are and look like Asians. Some are very attractive mixes between Caucasians and Asians.

The whitey part of Russia basically ends at the Ural mountains.

2 hours ago, Bezdomny said:

Not sure what is more annoying. Noisy Chinese, drunk Russians, stinky western beg packers or mongering western retirees.  But we know who spend most from them. ????

Suggest you ration out your annoyance to keep what shred of sanity you may possess. Assign different days of the week to different groups: Monday and Thursday for Russians, Tuesday Saturday for Chinese, Wednesday Sunday for beg packers, Friday for retirees. May adjust days depending on which group is predominant in your locale. For me in Jomtien, it is Russians that make up the numbers

2 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Suggest you ration out your annoyance to keep what shred of sanity you may possess. Assign different days of the week to different groups: Monday and Thursday for Russians, Tuesday Saturday for Chinese, Wednesday Sunday for beg packers, Friday for retirees. May adjust days depending on which group is predominant in your locale. For me in Jomtien, it is Russians that make up the numbers

Easier for the Russians as Sattahip is the charter flight destination for Most Russians.

11 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

That's a lefty propoganda slogan if ever there was one. It's one thing to accept differences, quite another to be ordered by Thought Police to 'celebrate' them.

Yeah, I don't find much to celebrate in the Chinese tour bus culture, to give an example. I will celebrate when that invasion is completely over. Many aspects of cultures are better annihilated.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, Lupatria said:

When did they give up on the idea luring quality tourists?

What really do you mean by "quality tourists"? Just give a clear example, please.

Please note: Every single person on this planet has some quality - just see the obvious here at TVF.

No problem with neither if only they bothered to learn so basic English and manners instead of blabbing on in Russian or Chinese and not only expect but demand for locals and everyone else to understand 

Chinese resurgence, Russian stability feature in tourist arrivals for the start of 2019

By The Thaiger

thailand_beach_oil_spill_cleanup_nar19_3

The Chinese returned in numbers at the start of 2019 giving the Land of Smiles a spectacular start for the year with a total of 3.7 million visitors in January 2019. This was a nearly 5% rise in total tourist numbers from the same month last year.

Mainland China continues to lead Thailand’s source market with just over a million arrivals in January, a 9.3% growth year on year and an astonishing 20% growth against December 2018’s arrivals.

The report from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports represents a firming up of the ‘new normal’ where the distinction between the old high and low seasons has mostly vanished as the tourism mix diversifies and Thai tourism matures into an all-year tourism destination.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/chinese-resurgence-russian-stability-feature-in-tourist-arrivals-for-the-start-of-2019

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-04

11 hours ago, BestB said:

No problem with neither if only they bothered to learn so basic English and manners instead of blabbing on in Russian or Chinese and not only expect but demand for locals and everyone else to understand 

Don't see why they should speak English anymore than I should speak Chinese/Russian, manners on the other hand I do agree with you on.

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, ginjag said:

What it does not show you,   example,  on the beach virtually no Russian or Chinese hire deck chairs,  they sit on the sand.   how many Chinese do you see buying from street food vendors, how many Chinese hire motor bikes or cars.  What nationality is the loudest and most unclean in hotels (Chinese)Do Russians and Chinese integrate with Thai people and westerners ??  NO
Are these racist comments ?   NO  it is fact.  All other Asians and westerners integrate and spend money with and on local people.

My comments are about the majority of Chinese and Russian.

Had to login to agree with you. 

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Don't see why they should speak English anymore than I should speak Chinese/Russian, manners on the other hand I do agree with you on.

They should speak English because it’s an international language to communicate with others including locals when they visit foreign country 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ravip said:

What really do you mean by "quality tourists"? Just give a clear example, please.

Please note: Every single person on this planet has some quality - just see the obvious here at TVF.

RE - What really do you mean by "quality tourists"?

Hard to say, but we may assume the opposite of this one ...

image.png.1e708765a84e7dd7859597720b6cd94d.png

Edited by ttrd
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:22 AM, Peterhua said:

I can tolerate the Russians as they do contribute to the local business community and some of the young females are quite pleasing to the eye when wearing bikinis

RE - I can tolerate the Russians as they do contribute to the local business community

Sure they do especially the fruit sellers are more than happy ...

image.png.78cb2297aa1afdd2e8e906d389b395ff.png