90 day reporting question

Good morning,

My first time 90 day reporting date falls on the 11th of March and I need to go to Chaeng Wattana to do that. I forgot to do it online last week and today the system does not accept my application ( I cannot proceed beyond step 1, probably because there are no 7 working days left to get noticed).

I want to ask you, if a may :

1) how long does it take for the whole process to complete ? as I need to be back in Sukhumvit around 1:00 pm, what time do you think I should be there to get that done quickly? 2) apart from my passport (with the departure card ) and the filled TM47 form,  do I need anything else to bring with me ? (eg a lease contract, photos or anything like that)

Your input will be much appreciated. I will post here my experience with the process as soon as I am done with it.

Edited by Barry864

You should not need anything more than you passport and a completed Tm47 form if you have applied for an extension of stay  there.

If you you have not done anything there you may need proof of your address to your.

You do not have to the report on the date it is due. You could do at any time next week since you are within the 15 days early time frame or you could do it 7 days after the report date including that day in the count. You could do it up to the 15th of this month and no be fined for a late report.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to the report on the date it is due. You could do at any time next week since you are within the 15 days early time frame or you could do it 7 days after the report date including that day in the count. You could do it up to the 15th of this month and no be fined for a late report.

is there a difference if you are leaving the country within 7 days of due date?

I am on 12 month retirement extension last done in May 2018, have a multiple re-entry permit and permission to stay valid till 9 May 2019. I arrived back from an overseas trip on 6 Jan, so 90 day report due 6 April, 7 days is 13 April but I fly out for a short trip on 12 April so am I OK or need to report?

9 hours ago, bkkguy1970 said:

I am on 12 month retirement extension last done in May 2018, have a multiple re-entry permit and permission to stay valid till 9 May 2019. I arrived back from an overseas trip on 6 Jan, so 90 day report due 6 April, 7 days is 13 April but I fly out for a short trip on 12 April so am I OK or need to report?

Yes you would, since it's over 90 days. However you can report in person up to the 13th. Easier though just to mail it in by EMS around 25th March or do it online if you're familiar with that method. 

If your 90 day report due date is the 11th, you can still report online as late as tomorrow the 4th. The minimum 7 days before are calendar days not working days.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

4 minutes ago, Guy Sands said:

I have a current retirement visa due to expire on the 21st of September, do I just keep doing my 90 day check ins a s before ???

Yes you do. No changes in anyway for doing 90 day reports.

Hey guys,

I just got back from my first 90-day reporting at Chaeng Wattana and here is my experience.

I tried to do it online a week ago, but I could not get past the first page of the application,always getting a message that I should contact my local immigration office (Maybe because it was my first ever reporting ? No explanation was given on the message)

My specified date was the 11th but I decided to go earlier, cause I would not be in BKK next Monday. Against internet advice I decided to go on a Friday, expecting great delays. I was planning to be there half an hour before they open (ie at 08:00) and wait, so I could get a good queue number. I had the TM47 form downloaded,printed and filled up beforehand,so I could save some more time on the queue. I took a taxi from Thonglor at 07:15 to go all the way to CW. He drove thru the highway with good speed and around 07:45 we arrived at the u-turn to exit the highway and enter CW road. There we encountered terrible traffic all the way to the Government House so I arrived at the immigration door at 08:25.The driver used the meter and the fare was 295 plus 60 baht foe the highway. Ahead of me there were about 30 people waiting outside the door. The queue was observed by a security guard and we started entering at an orderly fashion at 08:30 when the doors opened. I rushed to the big hall,skipping the information desk, and at the left of queue counters a young lady was shouting IN THAI something about 90 days etc. I approached her and she gave me immediately a queue number for the 90-day reporting. All the other people were going to the other counters probably for having to do some other business. Although I was one of the first there, my queue  number was 70+ (they give numbers to "friends"/agents etc before they open doors ? the day before ? who knows) so I thought I would spend all morning there. I went to room A and took a seat. There were 5 counters working. All employees were working quickly, efficiently and politely.

At 09:00 they had served 45 numbers already. At that time some agents each carrying many passports  clogged the system somehow, but then it was not too bad either. My number was called at 09:15 and although I took all my documents with me just in case, they only asked for my passport and the completed TM 47 application. They checked my details on the computers and gave me a receipt with the new date of reporting at the end. The whole process took less than 4 minutes. I was out of the building at 09:30 and took one of the many taxis that were waiting outside the door to Mochit BTS. We encountered moderate to heavy traffic and arrived there at 10:10. The driver used the meter and I paid 140 baht. I took the skytrain at 10:20 (50 baht) and arrived at BTS Thonglor at 10:45, and home by 11:00 am.

CONCLUSION : I was happy to finish relatively early compared to what I expected, although I had to wake up at 06:00 and spend totally about 3 and a half hours. The service was efficient and well organized. I rate it as VERY GOOD. My only suggestion would be to send all agents to one counter only, so the people who go by themselves do not have to wait longer. Let the agents wait as long as needed, this is their job anyway. But next time, I am thinking  I will try to do it online or through regular mail. Even an agent at 600 baht is a good choice, as I had to spend all these hours and 660 baht for transportation.

Edited by Barry864