Two week wait for tourist & non-immigrant visa appointments at Thai Embassy in Vientiane

On 3/3/2019 at 3:46 AM, SupermarineS6B said:

Who didn't see this one coming ?   ( How to destroy your countries tourist industry in one go)   La la land, where the inmates now the control the asylum.......

Only 8.5% Chinese and 6.5% Indians hold passport and it is going to double within a few years. This is we are talking about 300 million or close to 40% of entire Europe's population. We have not seen the tsunami that is coming. There will be plenty of tourists to keep Thailand's foreign currency coffers full for years to come. 

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, onera1961 said:

Only 8.5% Chinese and 6.5% Indians hold passport and it is going to double within a few years. This is we are talking about 300 million or close to 40% of entire Europe's population. We have not seen the tsunami that is coming. There will be plenty of tourists to keep Thailand's foreign currency coffers full for years to come. 

Crap..... I was sat with an Indian friend of mine in Cowboy last night and we were talking about the Indian and Chinese miracle that is supposed to be coming. He just laughed and said the Indians go to Indian restaurants and pay money to Indians and the Chinese are too tight to fart...... This guy's a tailor and knows the business in Thailand, he also knows that if there's no farangs here then a lot of people like himself are out of business.... That's the truth of it, that's unless you work for TAT....... Tourism is knackered here at the moment and the fools that have done it are now rolling the dice on the Chinese and Indians saving their bacon..... They're wrong, as they've been wrong with many other things, the sad bit for them is that there won't be a farang left to blame when it all goes down the gurgler.....

• Like 2

On 3/18/2019 at 8:02 PM, Thailand Outcast said:

How long before "booking agents" appear, who are connected to the staff that arrange the schedule, start making corrupt money from the booking process? 

Already being reported - offers being made out front - but I would not travel there counting on this being available.

• 4 months later...

I'm considering applying for an ED Visa at Vientiane later in September, and would like to hear any recent feedback on experiences of how smoothly the process for getting visas are going there lately.  Lots of chatter and conjecture on ThiaVisa but very little actual experiences in the last few months.  WOuld appreciate hearing from those who have been there lately.  Thanks!