Front wheel pulling on Wave

Kenny202

Got a new set of tyres on a late model wave last month. Normally attached to a sidecar. Took the sidecar off this morning to do a pre tax check and front wheel behaving strangely. Only at low speed though. Pulling etc. Tyres are very square profile ie flat on the bottom. Wheel seems attached ok etc. Is it just because of the profile of the tyres?

Wouldnt notice normally with the sidecar attached as the front wheel pushes and pulls normally

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think you'll find that bikes attached to sidecars have been adjusted in some way, so that they drive straight with the sidecar attached. If you remove it from the sidecar then it will have nothing to compensate for, and therefore feel strange !! 

I could be wrong...

• Like 1

I think you'll find that bikes attached to sidecars have been adjusted in some way, so that they drive straight with the sidecar attached. If you remove it from the sidecar then it will have nothing to compensate for, and therefore feel strange !! 

I could be wrong...
I might have thought that if the back wheel had been adjusted but its the front and as far as I know no alignment adj on front wheel?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

No I haven't. Different physics altogether with sidecar on.

Yes 3 of em if take the sidecar the front tyre will feel weird if you want the bike solo change front tyre.

12 minutes ago, steve73 said:

They often tighten up the head-bearings as well to stop the handlebars "tank-slapping" with a sidecar attached.

When solo it feels like the bike wants to "wander" - might need to loosen them up a bit..

That's what I meant ???????? You put it so much better 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, steve73 said:

They often tighten up the head-bearings as well to stop the handlebars "tank-slapping" with a sidecar attached.

When solo it feels like the bike wants to "wander" - might need to loosen them up a bit..

That actually makes a lot of sense. Anyway, reattached the sidecar and good as gold. Mai pen rae, don't think too mutt 5555

Thanks for the advice

• Like 1