U.S. Democrats target who's who of Trump insiders but not Ivanka, others

webfact

39 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Out of context much? It was an allusion to if she was I am. I don't puport to be qualified in the same way as being able to provide access to power.

What, so now we have to work out the subtext to what you actually say?

Your whole point is that Chelsea Clinton and others got their media jobs only by virtue of family connections. I (and many others here) are disputing this. It certainly gives them a helping hand but to say it's the only reason is spurious at best, downright insulting at worst. Chelsea is particularly well qualified for a role in media and I would guess would have had no problem getting said job without the famous name.

Anyway this has gone massively off topic so let's draw a line under it.

3 hours ago, Scott said:

A post with a quote and no link has been removed along with replies.

I think that may have been my post?

Not sure & did not know all famous quotes needed a source also in post but here it is with source or one

of many sources since David Lynch is quite famous for it...

My original post stated that when i first saw it I nodded in agreement as it seems quite true

When I see the many silly news reports these days like this one in the OP ..I think of this quote & how true it rang

They ...all of them in Washington are like children...They are

“He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much. No one is able to counter this guy in an intelligent way,” Lynch told the newspaper. “Our so-called leaders can’t take the country forward, can’t get anything done. Like children, they are. Trump has shown all this.”

Above quote from Washington post link below...but many have quoted David Lynch when he said this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2018/06/25/trump-quoted-the-reclusive-art-house-director-david-lynch-at-south-carolina-rally-heres-why/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.115d8ce882e2

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mania said:

Not sure & did not know all famous quotes needed a source

The source was Breitbart.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/06/24/david-lynch-trump-could-go-down-as-one-of-the-greatest-presidents-in-history/amp/

David Lynch says his Trump endorsement was out of context, asks Trump to “turn the ship around”

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/6/26/17507022/david-lynch-donald-trump-twitter-breitbart-interview

Sorry to break into your "bubble". CArry on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The source was Breitbart.

Sorry to break into your "bubble". CArry on.

Thanks it was so long ago I just googled it & grabbed one

But you proved my point that it was famous enough for you to remember or find ????

No worries about bubbles here also I never read it as an endorsement of Trump...I read it as all of them in Washington

including Trump are like children

But his actions really shined a light on all of them..as unfavorable as that is

Edited by mania

14 hours ago, Thakkar said:

E2FF7E2D-E50A-479C-ADBB-1625659680A9.jpeg.278f64e278b374586ad29064e7f9ea3e.jpeg

How did it go?

"Lock her up! Lock her up!"

"Drain the swamp! Drain the Swamp!"

Still, at least he is white, (well, a bit orangish I grant you), and in certain circles (where there are some very good people) that is all that matters after the horrors of the preceding two terms!

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Some of the most idiotic things I've ever heard have come out of the mouths of Harvard graduates

I’ve had similar experiences. 

Then I stopped frequenting Las Vegas strip club buffets, MacUser Group meetings and Star Wars conventions. Perhaps not coincidentally, I began meeting a better class of Ivy League graduates.

????

2 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I’ve had similar experiences. 

Then I stopped frequenting Las Vegas strip club buffets, MacUser Group meetings and Star Wars conventions. Perhaps not coincidentally, I began meeting a better class of Ivy League graduates.

????

Now you just need to wean yourself off Twitter.

• Haha 1