Obtaining Retirement Extension But Now Living In Different Province

My retirement Visa was issued to me in Hua Hin, Prachuab Khiri Khan

I did not obtain it in the UK due to the ridiculous medical questions, and my doc would not 'just sign' the form.

Anyhow, had to come on a 60 day tourist visa, change to O visa, or OA, cant remember, then a couple of months into that, I got my Retirement Visa.

No problems, all good, got the dosh in the bank, perfect.

Anyhow....in June, its up for renewal.

I now live in Chiang Rai, and to make matters more confusing, I move to Bkk at end of March.

Chiang Rai Immigration Office have told me that I either have to go back to Hua Hin to extend, or to go into Myanmar, cancel my existing and go through the tourist, OA, route I did before (not fun, so dont want that).

This is all because I did not get my first Retirement Visa in the UK.

(please dont tell me I am wrong about this - as this is what has happened, and Chiang Mai told me the same)/

However, Mae Sai IO, said, no problem, just come here, and we will do your extension.

All great, if I was staying in Chiang Rai, but I am not.

THE ABOVE IS JUST BACKGROUND AND MIGHT BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE.

Since I will be living in Bkk when my Visa extension is due, it makes sense for me to go down to Hua Hin, only a couple of hours (the way I ride a motorbike) and do it there.  

However, my rental contract will be an address in Bkk.

You getting the picture now and the problem?  ha ha

So my question, is, for sure, I can go down to Hua Hin and take out a contract somewhere there, be registered by TM30 by the owner there (hotel, condo)

But can anyone tell me what the minimum term on the rental contract would need to be to be accepted by immigration?

I have read before, just a weekend is fine, but has anyone any concrete info on this please?

Obviously I dont want to be taking out a long term contract if I already have one in Bkk.

I cant get the extension in Bkk for the same reason as in CR and CM.

Help!!!!!  haha

You will be able to apply for your extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok. The certainly will not tell you that you have to do it in Hua Hin.

All you will need to do is change your address to Bangkok after you move there.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be able to apply for your extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok. The certainly will not tell you that you have to do it in Hua Hin.

All you will need to do is change your address to Bangkok after you move there.

No mate.

Why will Chaeng Wattana Immigration tell me different than CR and CM?

You have also contradicted yourself, paragraph 1 and 2.

First you say, I can do it in CW, then you say, next sentence that I will be told to go to Hua Hin to do it.

Pretty sure you have never been in this position, but thanks anywa

25 minutes ago, KarlS said:

if you move province then submit a change of address/TM30 to the relevant IO who will then process your request for an Extension of Stay.

clearly you dont have first hand experience Karl, but thanks anyway

2 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

Why will Chaeng Wattana Immigration tell me different than CR and CM?

You have also contradicted yourself, paragraph 1 and 2.

I corrected my typo in my post by putting a missing not in it.

Chaeng Wattana will do it because they do not make up their own odd rules like CR and CM have done.

Normally, when you move, you file a TM-28 and TM-30 immediately, at which point you an do 90-day reports there, AND do your next extension there.  You may not have used an agent, but agent-activity is the dynamic that is causing your problems in CR. 

CR and CM have been causing problems for those who got their extensions elsewhere, because agent-fees are cheaper elsewhere, which resulted in a loss of their "cut of the agent action" on those who "shopped around" for their extensions via cheaper agents.  Their reaction, is to try to punish everyone with an extension they did not issue, in hopes of clawing-back their lost revenue, which resulted from their greedily-insisting upon far more payoff per agent-application than other "more reasonable" areas.

You should not have this problem at Chang Wattana Bangkok.  As soon as you move, file a TM-28 and TM30, then you are set to do your next annual extension there (and 90-day reports).

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I corrected my typo in my post by putting a missing not in it.

Chaeng Wattana will do it because they do not make up their own odd rules like CR and CM have done.

thank you very much, I will go there and ask.  have time

14 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Normally, when you move, you file a TM-28 and TM-30 immediately, at which point you an do 90-day reports there, AND do your next extension there.  You may not have used an agent, but agent-activity is the dynamic that is causing your problems in CR. 

CR and CM have been causing problems for those who got their extensions elsewhere, because agent-fees are cheaper elsewhere, which resulted in a loss of their "cut of the agent action" on those who "shopped around" for their extensions via cheaper agents.  Their reaction, is to try to punish everyone with an extension they did not issue, in hopes of clawing-back their lost revenue, which resulted from their greedily-insisting upon far more payoff per agent-application than other "more reasonable" areas.

You should not have this problem at Chang Wattana Bangkok.  As soon as you move, file a TM-28 and TM30, then you are set to do your next annual extension there (and 90-day reports).

Thank you very much

• Like 1