Two immigration officers dismissed for visa-stamping travel documents they knew to be forged

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, randy723 said:

what about ALL the corrupt officers at the Jomtien office? you have to pay for everything there even 100 or 200 baht for a 90 day check in.

I use Jomtien, never paid for the 90 day.

12 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

unlikely as it may well be come a new income stream for them.

with all the resent changes to retirement extensions

And whether it's the expats extensions or the ridiculous exemption for those with enough dollars/bahts, the fact remains that no one knows the proper way of doing anything. I'm curious (although not necessary) just how much education the powers that be have. In some instances, there is absolutely none.

3 minutes ago, TMNH said:

And whether it's the expats extensions or the ridiculous exemption for those with enough dollars/bahts, the fact remains that no one knows the proper way of doing anything. I'm curious (although not necessary) just how much education the powers that be have. In some instances, there is absolutely none.

I believe they are working on the education side of it all.

but, still a way to go. 

ite shoelace.jpg

23 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

I believe they are working on the education side of it all.

but, still a way to go. 

ite shoelace.jpg

A LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go in my estimation. Third world countries who desire a beak from that status can't assume that tourism actually changes anything. Once you become a tourist destination and your economy is based on that, then for God's sake don't let Chinese tourists drown...don't let tourists be mauled by dogs....don't allow grifters such as the taxis or jet-ski operators. In other words, your police have the worst priorities and God knows what ignorant person is directing all of this.

Unless you rid yourself of liability and documented lack of safe passage(the road carnage), you (Thailand) will forever remain a third world country....sorry....the facts speak for themselves. Perhaps the Thai ambassador might get off his ass and figure out a way to rectify complaints. It is amazing to me that China didn't issue a restrictive warning about traveling to Thailand. then again, the ambassador(s) are without any merit nor ethical adoption of norms.

16 minutes ago, TMNH said:

A LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go in my estimation. Third world countries who desire a beak from that status can't assume that tourism actually changes anything. Once you become a tourist destination and your economy is based on that, then for God's sake don't let Chinese tourists drown...don't let tourists be mauled by dogs....don't allow grifters such as the taxis or jet-ski operators. In other words, your police have the worst priorities and God knows what ignorant person is directing all of this.

Unless you rid yourself of liability and documented lack of safe passage(the road carnage), you (Thailand) will forever remain a third world country....sorry....the facts speak for themselves. Perhaps the Thai ambassador might get off his ass and figure out a way to rectify complaints. It is amazing to me that China didn't issue a restrictive warning about traveling to Thailand. then again, the ambassador(s) are without any merit nor ethical adoption of norms.

yes quite so.  I see no real change for the next 40 years, Thailand needs the old dinosaurs in government to die off.

But as long as i  can play with third world floozies a few times a month, i wont take it all to seriously,

Carry on Thailand. :giggle:

Edited by stanleycoin

I think jobs and steady income will be harder to come by in Thailand and officials will be reluctant to take any risks, or give any leeway.  If there is any doubt in a foreigner's paperwork, money seasoning, or whatever, the official may be much more inclined to say no.  After all, I don't think they have any incentive to let in more people.  All that can happen to the officials is they get dismissed.  Just my opine on the general trends in things

25 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I think jobs and steady income will be harder to come by in Thailand and officials will be reluctant to take any risks, or give any leeway.  If there is any doubt in a foreigner's paperwork, money seasoning, or whatever, the official may be much more inclined to say no.  After all, I don't think they have any incentive to let in more people.  All that can happen to the officials is they get dismissed.  Just my opine on the general trends in things

Your opinion is respected ..as long as the current gov't is short-sighted as to any inducements for investment and the constraints, then do not advertise your country's advantages. My opinion is that there are certain individuals who would like to go back to the times of Siam. And if I were a native, I might feel the same. But the reality is that tourism has an economic effect and there will always be those who despise the tourism  and those otherwise.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Thai's cant lie straight in bed

Not only Thais I am afraid, the world is full of liars perhaps starting with politicians.

The courts in many countries are clogged with liars pleading not guilty in the hope they will win.

I saw it happen in Australia for years and years even when confronted with video and other evidence people lie.

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

yes quite so.  I see no real change for the next 40 years, Thailand needs the old dinosaurs in government to die off.

But as long as i  can play with third world floozies a few times a month, i wont take it all to seriously,

stamp out all forms of corruption as well as prostitution as well. at the same time start enforcing traffic laws and building codes, burning.  make Thailand a safer place for tourist and its inhabitants.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Immigration which as we know is part of the RTP and is only one area of government also not every expat who lives here needs to involve themselves with corrupt officials out of my friends and contacts there is only one.

Over the years there seems to be plenty of jobs available in various government departments and I haven’t seen any shrinking, also there probably isn’t much opportunity for the sort of corruption that happens in Immigration.

Lower down the food chain there is a surplus of jobs I know several business owners who tell me it’s hard to recruit staff even when offering reasonable pay.

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Somehow I don’t think I am going to make 109 years old so I am going to miss the change.

Not to worry maybe next time around.

3 hours ago, LobsterBoston1980 said:
  1. I sure hope that 2 of the 3 goons that got axed from the force from DonMueng airport were the two punks that gave me(U.S passport holder) a hard time when I took my 16 year old daughter(U.S. Passport holder), my daughter's 16 year old cousin(Vietnamese passport holder) her 66 year old grandma (my ex wife's mother in law/ Vietnamese passport holder) my step daughter(Vietnamese passport holder) on a tour group (5 days, 4 nights) provided by a tour company in Vietnam to Thailand back in 2014. At first one of them approached my daughter and asked her some questions and she got scared she then called me over so I went to inform them that she is my daughter and the <deleted> just told me to stay away because it wasn't my business, (I got so pissed and wish that I have a freaking AR15 at the time!) I told him that of course it is my business since she is my daughter and she's only 16, I was angry to the point that I screamed at them so loud. They then took us to the back room and started to asked for proof that each of us must have certain amount of money and that we're not allowed to get into the country!#$@% if we can't provide financial proof, I told them why they don't asked others people on our group but only single us out, I told them that I have over 2K in USD (B66,000) and 2 credit cards worth $25K so you don't have to worry about my financial situations. I also told them that I want to call the US embassy to informed them that we're being harrassed, threaten by the stupid custom officers for no reason. They finally call another dude over and said that this is misunderstanding because Thailand has encounter human traffickings, I told him that is Bull shit cuz I clearly stated who we are and we have US passports and those two <deleted> still gave us hard time for no reason whatsoever! And people always commended that Thai people are very nice, very honest, always smile and always welcome you.... Really?

"I told him that of course it is my business since she is my daughter and she's only 16, I was angry to the point that I screamed at them so loud."

Usually not to be recommended!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

As far as I can tell, the financial requirement fraud problem is essentially an immigration "internal affairs" problem. Fire corrupt officials and ban visa agents except for those who can't make immigration trips for health reaasons, and the entire financial fraud problem would end overnight, with none of the idiotically inefficient paperwork needed to verify bank balances on a year round basis. Big Joke: put the fear of God in your subordinates, not in peace loving and law-abiding senior citizens.

Quite right.

last year while getting my Visa stamped, which was on it's last renewal, my wife was beside me and the imm lady dealing with my visa chatted to her for ten or more minutes non stop.

She then took us outside and continued to chat then my wife said she wants to give you a retirement visa for one more year.

I did not need this as was returning to NZ for a few months and would get another non O from the embassy in NZ.

The imm lady said no problem when you come back come to see me anytime but I speak only to your wife and no need bank paper or police clearance only need 25k BHT.

So  the moral here as all of us are wondering is-- What will happen internally as your post says.

I would hazard a guess that the brown envelope party may prevail.

This may take time to settle, however in the longer term we may see some easing up of the financial requirement detail.

I spoke with the Thai consulate in Auckland NZ yesterday and they said they can no longer issue Non O from their office.

They said you have to apply through the Thai embassy in Wellington and you can courier documents for a multiple entry 12 month Non O.

The requirements for married application are, copy wifes passport, copy birth cert of children if any.

Copy marriage cert, bank statement for past six months.

No need of bank funds in Thailand .

If your not married I do not know but will find out this week and post more info.

Probably the same in other countries.

Seeing I return home every year at Xmas it is easier to deal with the Thai embassy direct and only costs 25k BHT for return travel home.

Cheers all and be careful out there.

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well if BJ is sacking corrupt immigration officers, i say well done.

Keep going this is just the tip of the iceberg, many more needing rooted out.

But if they sack ALL the corrupt ones, the queues at Swampy would be miles long...?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, personally, I make every effort to be polite and cooperative with people who hold my fate in their hands.  Several years ago, I wrote the number of my original visa on my entry/exit card.  The male immigration officer seemed irritated at my mistake and snapped, "Write the number of your extension here!"  My comment was, "Sorry.  I didn't know."  He looked through my passport and stamped me in without further comment.  My simple mistake didn't develop into a crisis.  

I'm not always able to remain cool in the face of mistakes but I make a strong effort to be pleasant at immigration.

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:

BJ if he really is not (yet) affect by that (corruption) virus, he should reshuffle the all service, clean the house, he claims to be fighting corruption and posting signs to deny TIPs to the IMO but that is not working at all 

Tips were only a problem, because were not shared up the chain.  Agent-application money goes way up, which is why the agents were not rounded-up on day one, and why the "new rules' are just a change in seasoning (preventing loan-competition with the agents) - seasoning which is waived/ignored for agent-submitted applications.

6 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Maybe these individuals were doing it alone and not part of the bigger picture?

Exactly - outside of the "multi-level marketing" style distribution which appears to be used for the big-time agent money.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Somehow I don’t think I am going to make 109 years old so I am going to miss the change.

Not to worry maybe next time around.

I'm sorry to inform you  there is no afterlife and you don't come back in any form.

Its just some bullshit made up to keep people calm and controlled and a good way to make a profit. :shock1:

Life is short,  best make the most of it,  it's not a rehearsal. :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, malibukid said:

stamp out all forms of corruption as well as prostitution as well. at the same time start enforcing traffic laws and building codes, burning.  make Thailand a safer place for tourist and its inhabitants.

I Agree.

But we will skip the prostitution, we need that.

after all,   we come here for that.  didn't we !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

come on you lot,  No porky pies. :giggle:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 2

On 3/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, Mavideol said:

call me crazy but I would like a meeting with B.J, I have a very heavy weight on my chest and (for the obvious reasons) can't write about it but would be willing to explain to him face to face, if he speaks another language besides Thai,  without a translator (3rd party translations get distorted) maybe he's an open mind type guy and could listen to some of us, I don't know but it's an idea, we keep claiming that we don't count, they don't need us or want us, maybe it's not the case and we are all wrong, maybe they do $$$$ value us

Please take your sensible sentences medication and try again.

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Agent-application money goes way up, which is why the agents were not rounded-up on day one, and why the "new rules' are just a change in seasoning (preventing loan-competition with the agents) - seasoning which is waived/ignored for agent-submitted applications.

I can speak with a little experience of recent on this.

NON O Retirement extension has been done only days ago. 

Jomtien where else. 

A reputable local agent. 

No seasoning for extension renewals. 

No deposits to the bank account. 

Requires an initial visit to Jomtien for a mug shot,  and then 2 days.

12 months plus the days left before expiration was due.

15k. Baht.

Its the only option some have.

And also adds weight to a previous post. 

Immigration says, "we make the rules"

I know that they have discretionary power but, oh well. 

I no complaints...lol