Travelling by business class or turist class

Hey All,

just a curios question (even if its non-sense): immigration officers treat you on differend way if you arrive by business class (and you pass the special lane for business travellers)? In my mind there should be a bit difference - but not sure. Used that special lane 3 times but never ever problems when used normal lanes so can't compare.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

You need an 'invitation' that is handed out in business cabin, or to high tier flyers in economy/coach, before you disembark. A 'gatekeeper' will then take it from you as you approach the special lane, in theory anyway.

Immigration will not kiss your ass regardless.

I know the process - but just thinking if maybe officers from there not ask for 20.000 THB, or they take it easier if you many times travelled in the past to TH. reading many cases in this forum about some bad experiences with IO - its a real question for me if this can happen if you are a business traveller also.

Just now, Pilotman said:

why should you be treated any differently just because you have paid for a higher priced ticket?  Everyone should get a good service, not just those who sit in the fancy seats up front. 

Hm, its logic what you asked - but I read that at many cases it matters that somebody how is dressed, from which country he is, the way how he talks, or even the mood of immigration officer. So if this all matters then should be a factor too if you are a business traveller?

41 minutes ago, MZsolt said:

Hey All,

just a curios question (even if its non-sense): immigration officers treat you on differend way if you arrive by business class (and you pass the special lane for business travellers)? In my mind there should be a bit difference - but not sure. Used that special lane 3 times but never ever problems when used normal lanes so can't compare.

I don't think immigration treats anyone differently. It's a benefit for flying business class just like the business class lounges. I fly business class on my international flights and most international airports that I've flown thru have similar separate lines. The only difference I've seen is that the regular immigration lines can get really backed up sometimes whereas the business class lines are quicker. 

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

why should you be treated any differently just because you have paid for a higher priced ticket?  Everyone should get a good service, not just those who sit in the fancy seats up front. 

If you pay for business class then you get priority through check in, transit and passport control etc.. It is what you would expect given you have paid at least 4 times the cattle class price.

TBH Immigration in Thailand aren't particularly interested in providing a good service. You are a Farang, you are not welcome, only your money is.

I have been curious for a while whether immigration treats business class arrivals differently. Given the respect given to people perceived as rich in Thai society, it is plausible that they might. I do not think we really know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I could honestly say that I have been on many business or first class flights (thank you clients) and from my own experience the answer to your question in regards to immigration is no, they dont treat you deferentially or special. Once you leave the checkin heading outbound or the aircraft when inbound you are just another sweaty body to be processed.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I have been curious for a while whether immigration treats business class arrivals differently. Given the respect given to people perceived as rich in Thai society, it is plausible that they might. I do not think we really know.

Not treated different. Immigration are well aware a fast track pass can be bought for a 1000 baht or so by anybody. In fairness though, a lot of the company's offering the service have been stopped. It's now said Immigration turn people away from the Premier lanes if they see people were not actually flying business class etc.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, MZsolt said:

just a curios question (even if its non-sense): immigration officers treat you on differend way if you arrive by business class (and you pass the special lane for business travellers)? In my mind there should be a bit difference - but not sure.

You may have to show you have 20,000 baht on arrival, so make sure you have it if arriving on business class.

15 minutes ago, farangx said:

You may have to show you have 20,000 baht on arrival, so make sure you have it if arriving on business class.

Yeah, for sure I allways have this money at me - my question about if immigration treats business class arrivals differently was only just curiosity. ???? (Have to see if again will be upgraded to be able to compare with the not-priority lanes :)) ).

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Not treated different. Immigration are well aware a fast track pass can be bought for a 1000 baht or so by anybody. In fairness though, a lot of the company's offering the service have been stopped. It's now said Immigration turn people away from the Premier lanes if they see people were not actually flying business class etc.

There is still one service offering it for sale to economy passengers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MZsolt said:

Yeah, for sure I allways have this money at me - my question about if immigration treats business class arrivals differently was only just curiosity. ???? (Have to see if again will be upgraded to be able to compare with the not-priority lanes :)) ).

It depends, have you had personal problems with immigration flying in on economy? While I'm horrified by many of the stories I read and always a little wary when entering the country, I've passed through airport immigration (and occasionally land checkpoints) well over 100 times in the past two decades, and never had a real problem, always been stamped in smooth and easy, I've also not really noticed people ahead of me in the queues being pulled aside. For many years now I've carried the 20000 since I've been aware of the requirement, but I've never once been asked for it. Admittedly, my trips in more recent times have been more limited, twice a year since around 2016 so I'm aware that things aren't like before. However, I usually get through immigration in around 15 minutes without incident and find the officers to be little different than those of neighbouring countries, so I can't think it'd be hugely different in the priority lane. 

6 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I think I could honestly say that I have been on many business or first class flights (thank you clients) and from my own experience the answer to your question in regards to immigration is no, they dont treat you deferentially or special. Once you leave the checkin heading outbound or the aircraft when inbound you are just another sweaty body to be processed.

Well. as they say, horses sweat, gentlemen perspire and ladies glow.

So, on a par, sweaty people in economy, some perspiring people in business and slightly glowing people in first class. ????

Re' the IO's, in the business line it's less likely they are going to get 5 or 6 in a row with landing cards not filled in, that has to be annoying. A non english speaking passenger in business class is more likely to get help filling it in on board than in economy and is more likely to have or be given a pen to do it with.

Someone in business might be heading to meeting straight from the airport so will be clean shaven, possibly shirt and tie etc and the IO will react to that in a more positive way, just the way it is. It is Thailand and appearance is still a big factor.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pilotman said:

why should you be treated any differently just because you have paid for a higher priced ticket?

Because you have paid for a higher priced ticket and the airport takes a slice of that. 

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Because you have paid for a higher priced ticket and the airport takes a slice of that. 

I perhaps didn't explain myself very well, fast lanes, shorter lines, yes I agree that the 1st and business airport product should be different, but the OP seemed to suggest that the IO process, the getting through the officer bit, should be different, there I would disagree.  then process is the process, the rules are the rules. 

• Haha 1