Where to get a medical certificate required for NON O-A Visa

Dear members, after some considerations I will make a request for a NON Imm O-A visa. 

One of the required forms is a medical certificate. My family doctor can not do it, no facilities he says.

Which organisation in The Netherlands can sign this medical certificate?

Hoi Marius

If you apply abroad for a non OA visa you need a doctor certificate and a police report (soort van VOG).

You better get a non o visa, and change it here in Thailand to a non OA.

For a non O these documents are not required at the embassy if my memory serve me right.

Nb. The doctor certificate in Thailand cost about 100-120 THB. It is needed for like the driving license and for the workpermit

What you can do, if you eventually go to the 'huisarts' doctor, ask him/her to fill, sign and stamp in the form (I give a link to it) in twofold just in case. http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/pdf/medical_certificate.pdf which is in both english and thai.

And 'VOG', then that would be sufficent to get a non OA.

The cost 41.35 euro for the VOG and the doctorvisit depends on your choice.

Rgds,

If you really want do the non OA in Netherlands instead of non O

first and then change it here in Thailand then...

Perhaps a phonecall to the GGD would be of any help.

Went there for the vaccins (yellow fever, and a package DKTP)

on the same day as visiting the embassy (in Amsterdam).

Vaccins was my own choice, in the metropool you not need it

but for the jungle it is advised.

Anyway, the ggd should have the medical certificates. Ask them.

Rgds,

9 minutes ago, donim said:

Hoi Marius

If you apply abroad for a non OA visa you need a doctor certificate and a police report (soort van VOG).

You better get a non o visa, and change it here in Thailand to a non OA.

For a non O these documents are not required at the embassy if my memory serve me right.

Nb. The doctor certificate in Thailand cost about 100-120 THB. It is needed for like the driving license and for the workpermit

What you can do, if you eventually go to the 'huisarts' doctor, ask him/her to fill, sign and stamp in the form (I give a link to it) in twofold just in case. http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/pdf/medical_certificate.pdf which is in both english and thai.

And 'VOG', then that would be sufficent to get a non OA.

The cost 41.35 euro for the VOG and the doctorvisit depends on your choice.

Rgds,

I asked my doctor but he can not do it as I mentioned in my message before. 

Dear members, after some considerations I will make a request for a NON Imm O-A visa. 
One of the required forms is a medical certificate. My family doctor can not do it, no facilities he says.
Which organisation in The Netherlands can sign this medical certificate?

No facilities?, to clear you of the third stage of syphillis, elephantiasis, leprosy, TB and drug addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it will not help the OP. However, those in Thailand planning to head back home to apply for a Non O-A visa will find it easiest to get the necessary medical certificate in Thailand before going home. It is very cheap and easy to get it done in Thailand, and the embassy in your home country will accept it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I guess it will not help the OP. However, those in Thailand planning to head back home to apply for a Non O-A visa will find it easiest to get the necessary medical certificate in Thailand before going home. It is very cheap and easy to get it done in Thailand, and the embassy in your home country will accept it.

Will a small clinic be sufficient for this, or is a hospital necessary (any recommendation in Bangkok)?

My local GP in England did the certificate for me a few years ago in the UK (£15, regular NHS charge for that kind of service) but he was perplexed by the requirement and I had to convince and explain to him about 19th century style Thai bureaucracy. He was fine and a little amused, but there are a number of doctors on rotation in the local surgery and I'm not sure they'd all automatically say yes.

I'm also not sure if it's advisable to have a local GP record that only shows requests for documentation in relation to long stay visas, given that in-patient NHS treatment is usually cross checked to local surgery records and might raise a red flag about residential history. So if it's both cheaper and easier to get it done in Thailand first that seems like a better way to go. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:
13 hours ago, donim said:

You better get a non o visa, and change it here in Thailand to a non OA

This is not possible.

Probably meant "get a 1 year extension" - more easily do-able starting with a single-entry Non-O (90-day permitted-stay stamp which doesn't require medical, police, etc) than starting with a Tourist entry - though not available everywhere (cannot get in USA any more, not sure about the NL). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Probably meant "get a 1 year extension" - more easily do-able starting with a single-entry Non-O (90-day permitted-stay stamp which doesn't require medical, police, etc) than starting with a Tourist entry - though not available everywhere (cannot get in USA any more, not sure about the NL). 

Yep. What I meant was first come with non-0 which indeed doesn't need all these extra forms. And then you can prepare for the long stay in Thailand, opening bank book, deposit the required ammount, getting the forms from the doctor and police if needed. Then you can go back to your own country or a nearest one like Malaysia and then there apply for a non OA visa.

Ofcourse, as you said first "get a 1 year extension" on the non O.

But as he said he will immediately try to get a OA visa, so I softly assume he already did his preparation in Thailand.

ps. The embassy in Netherlands still have the tourist visa 60 day, I got one years years ago and they still offer it. A friend of mine use one last year.

Rgds,

19 hours ago, Marius Brok said:

Thanks, I made an appointment with GGD.

VOG I know

The option of O- visa to O-A visa is not a good choice for me. I do not want to stay in Bangkok longer as 1 day.

Still.. I would first contact the Thai embassy in the Netherlands before you take actions for the VOG and Medical Indication. Because the following text, which comes from a lawyer website, says: (and I found this checked the same at the official website of the embassies.)

note the bold text

netherlands.png

Thailand Retirement Visa

Citizens of Netherlands

The Thai retirement visa for citizens of Netherlands is issued to applicants who wish to visit and retire in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Please note that you must first obtain a 90-day visa or a 1 year non-immigrant O visa from your home country or country of residence prior to your application for the Thai Retirement visa.

Retirement Visa Qualifications

1. Applicant must be 50 years of age or over.
  2. Must not have any criminal history and can travel to Thailand.
  3. Must meet the financial requirement:
    • Security deposit of THB 800,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the visa application; or
    • Monthly income or pension of at least THB 65,000. An affidavit from the foreigner embassy or consulate has to be obtained as proof of the income; or
    • Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income - with the total of 800,000 THB.

14 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

No facilities?, to clear you of the third stage of syphillis, elephantiasis, leprosy, TB and drug addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More likely the doctor just did not know what was required and did not want to bother finding out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Will a small clinic be sufficient for this, or is a hospital necessary (any recommendation in Bangkok)?

My local GP in England did the certificate for me a few years ago in the UK (£15, regular NHS charge for that kind of service) but he was perplexed by the requirement and I had to convince and explain to him about 19th century style Thai bureaucracy. He was fine and a little amused, but there are a number of doctors on rotation in the local surgery and I'm not sure they'd all automatically say yes.

I'm also not sure if it's advisable to have a local GP record that only shows requests for documentation in relation to long stay visas, given that in-patient NHS treatment is usually cross checked to local surgery records and might raise a red flag about residential history. So if it's both cheaper and easier to get it done in Thailand first that seems like a better way to go. 

A small clinic or doctor's office is fine. the requirement is very, very basic.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Justin Side said:

You cannot get a 0-A visa in Thailand.

You can get a 12 month extension of stay if you arrive with a Non Imm Visa.

Immigration Offices all over Thailand. Not only Bangkok.

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Non-Immigrant Visa  “O-A” (Long Stay)

3. Channels to submit application

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.

source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

Edited by donim
added quote JT

5 minutes ago, donim said:

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.

source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

Quoted many times - but they will not issue you one at Chang Wattana.  Consulate-site info is notoriously bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, donim said:

Just wrong info that has been on that website for years.

That should  of been written to say a one year extension of stay can be applied for at a immigration office. 

Try and find any info about a non-as visa on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/index

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That should  of been written to say a one year extension of stay can be applied for at a immigration office. 

Try and find any info about a non-as visa on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/index

I believe that. So will change my post.

But as you said; try and find info and found a form tm86 and the following text on immigration.go.th (no notions about the sort of visa) -

52.Question : How could the foreigners change type of visa? And What is the relation regulations?

Answer : The foreigners could change type of visa under specific regulations required documents must be completed.    

53. Question : What documents are required for changing type of visa ?

Answer : Required documents for changing type of visa are in accordance with reasons of each case as specified in the

Requlations (Further information, please contact telephone number 0-2141-9903 )     

And this link on the imigration.go.th website https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_76  "Change visa - FOR RETIREMENT PURPOSES -- 50 YEARS OLD "

Edited by donim
added link for 'educational' purpose..

3 hours ago, donim said:

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Quoted many times - but they will not issue you one at Chang Wattana.  Consulate-site info is notoriously bad.

As two other posters said; that information on the mfa.go.th is obsolete and misleading.

I am not able to edit/change my post, quoting it instead with the note to really do your homework and not going blind on just one website, even if it is a government runned one.

A dully rule of thumb: application and/or change of visa is done outside Thailand and extensions can be granted inside Thailand up to one year after arrival.

Rgds,

36 minutes ago, donim said:

I believe that. So will change my post.

But as you said; try and find info and found a form tm86 and the following text on immigration.go.th (no notions about the sort of visa) -

52.Question : How could the foreigners change type of visa? And What is the relation regulations?

Answer : The foreigners could change type of visa under specific regulations required documents must be completed.    

53. Question : What documents are required for changing type of visa ?

Answer : Required documents for changing type of visa are in accordance with reasons of each case as specified in the
                    Requlations (Further information, please contact telephone number 0-2141-9903 )     

This is a big subject. To summarise, if you would qualify for some kinds of long term extension of stay, except that you are in Thailand on the wrong type of entry (such as tourist entry or non immigrant for retirement) you can use a process often referred to as "conversion" to resolve the issue. The way this works is that you show all the requirements for the underlying extension (and often some additional documents) and receive a 90-day non immigrant entry of the appropriate type. Towards the end of that 90 days, you then apply for the extension.

If you are already in Thailand on an extension on the basis of marriage, an extension on the basis of a Thai child will not require a conversion. Indeed, if you cannot meet the requirements for the extension, no conversion would be possible. However, you may be able to get a Non O visa from a consulate overseas without meeting all the requirements for a conversion/extension.

Dear all.

Only 10% of the comment is about my Question. The other answers are for an other subject and trough i believe.

Please only members who know the possabilities in The Netherlands.

Thanks in advance