Transfer money to K Bank from US

I currently transfer money from my credit union in the US to Thailand via Bangkok Bank.  Has worked for years........but now I live in a village with K-Bank only,  no Bangkok Bank Branch.  Something seems to get lost in translation on how to send money directly to my K Bank account.  Calling the call center didn't help either.  Does anyone have the pathway?

Edited by Groucho
missed letter

Swift wire transfer. You should know that BKKNY no longer accepts ACH transfers so if you want to still use them you have to wire the money to your BKK account here. If your credit union does international SWIFT then you can send direct to your k bank. If not I would keep using BKKNY send by domestic wire then transfer what you need to KBanking.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for your reply.  The code that I use for Bangkok Bank is BKKBTHBK,  my code foe the US Bangkok Bank ls a 9 digit number.  I think that what I am trying to find out is what US Domestic Bank forwards to Kasikorn Bank.  For example: will Bangkok Bank NY send to Kasikorn Bank here?

Kasiorn SWIFT Code as above. And they use correspondent banks, including Bank Of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Standard Charter etc. You need to provide your credit union  with both the SWIFT Code and name and SWIFT of Correspondent Bank. I usually use Bank of America which is SWIFT BOFAUS3N though I don't think it matters which. If you want full list of the correspondent banks download the :Global Inward Form" here and go to the bottom of the form

https://kasikornbank.com/en/personal/services/payment/Pages/inward.aspx

Bank Of America

Wells Fargo

OP,
You have been use to transferring via ACH to your Bangkok Bank acct in Thailand by using the 9 digit ABA routing code of their NY branch. Bangkok Bank is the only Thai bank having this ACH capability. Unfortunately come 1Apr 19 you will not be able to continue to do that unless your US financial institution can/will use ACH "International ACH Transaction" format which none do for retail accounts.

So you will need to switch to using SWIFT from your bank...or switch to a money transfer service like Transferwise.

If you are relying on monthly transfers for extension transferwise does not always show up in your account as international transfer. I suggest money in bank method or monthly transfer via SWIFT

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect