Top cop: Absolutely no DUI - but we'll go easy on riding in pick-ups at Songkran

rooster59

12 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I often ponder on the similarities between Thailand expats and the religion of peace advocates residing in their home countries. Both seek to whine and bitch and try to change the traditions of their host nation. I have no time for the members of either of these groups.

I'll come out of the proverbial closet and admit I'm a proud,fully paid up member, of the' if you don't like it - go home' brigade.

Deal with it.

ahh you mean the Christians, right? ????

18 hours ago, Caine said:

Childish festival for a childish minded uneducated nation. 

Sometimes it's good to turn off the frontal lobes and return to early childhood. Thais are very close to it all the time so they can do it easily, I need about 2L of hard alcohol to achieve the same level of brain shutdown.

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Personally after some days i get bored with the water splashing..

They should add some additional features to the party..

Every time they try there's a netizen outrage and some old fart from government needs to blow hot air. Luckily nobody could care less so boobies remain a nice addition to the full out war.

1 hour ago, NoComment said:

I would rather see happy, joking Thai's throwing a bit of water than taking a meander down walking street with the drunken, abusive and violent Westerners on New Year's Eve.

I stopped going a couple of years ago after my favourite gunning station on Soi 7 started having "happy, joking" Thai teenage scooter gangs racing each other through the melee. I noticed one of them had a gun stuck under the belt. At that point I decided either I need to swap to hard ammo too or get the hell out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Sometimes it's good to turn off the frontal lobes and return to early childhood. Thais are very close to it all the time so they can do it easily, I need about 2L of hard alcohol to achieve the same level of brain shutdown.

As a kid in the USA, I got hauled in to the police station for throwing a snowball at a car.  In Virginia, it's a felony to throw something at a moving vehicle.  Up to 5 years, I think.  They let me go.

• Like 1