Wall Street critic Warren vows to break up Amazon, Facebook, Google

rooster59

It will never happen...

America can not even get in place reasonable gun control because "Money Talks" and Amazon, Facebook and Google have more money than the NRA.

Just look at Microsoft, used the courts to swat the competition, then with a monopoly on operating systems we have had to migrate from to another while the security of the products have more holes than a Swiss cheese.

Warren is getting a lot of blow-back about this from her supporters on Facebook.  I disagree with it also.  There might be a lot of issues with tech giants like privacy and data management policies, but that can be addressed with regulation, not by breaking companies up.  

Warren should be talking about how she'll shore-up the ramparts of democracy, and what steps she & congress will take to make sure than a wannabe dictator (in either party) never gets elected again (or if one does get elected, there will be a lot more transparency and a lot less nepotism).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Basil B said:

It will never happen...

America can not even get in place reasonable gun control because "Money Talks" and Amazon, Facebook and Google have more money than the NRA.

Just look at Microsoft, used the courts to swat the competition, then with a monopoly on operating systems we have had to migrate from to another while the security of the products have more holes than a Swiss cheese.

You think Microsoft has a monopoly in operating systems?

15 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I think that this was a politically inept move. Whatever the virtues of the case, most Americans who use these services are very happy with them as consumer polling has repeatedly shown. She should stick to going after the financial industry and its massive and repeated abuses of the financial system.

Not the people deplatformed for wrongthink.

Having them broken up and more competition would go some way to stopping this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

You think Microsoft has a monopoly in operating systems?

For many it is the only option as a lot of software only only works on a windows platform, Yes, there is Linux and Android but one needs a lot of computer knowledge to run them on a PC or Laptop, 

There is no real logical way how any of those companies can be broken up. I mean: look at Facebook, what would be the two or three parts you break it up into?

Proposals like that wannabee president make no sense at all.

Let her break up amazon. As a shareholder it would,only benefit me. AMZN trades at around $1,620 if they break it up and split the stock into 6 different companies I would love it. 

This is what happened back in the day to Rockefeller and Standard. Warren is completely mentally deficient and  it shows in a big way.

An Apple site i go to is ,Macrumors. 

It is overall creative pros that lean left. Bezos even pandered to the left and implemented a wage structure based upon the $15 Sanders insisted upon.

The thanks Bezos has received has been what Warren is proposing. Amazon pays higher wages than anybody and it is hurting workers as they don’t need as many. They also don’t work as many hours. The $15 min wage is utter nonsense. Meanwhile Cuomo and others beg Amazon to reconsider and for Bezos to do so would be an act of stupidity.

warren is so far out of touch it is embarrassing. I am going to get me a beer.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

For many it is the only option as a lot of software only only works on a windows platform, Yes, there is Linux and Android but one needs a lot of computer knowledge to run them on a PC or Laptop, 

You left out Safari and Chrome.

14 hours ago, Ulic said:

I don't use Facebook, and I like Google and Amazon just the way they are thankyou. :coffee1:

most people will only see the consumer side.

try doing business with these companies they use you and spit you out when done

plus consumers are being cheated. Only the most corrupt, underhanded or wealthy businesses get to win on these platforms

Edited by NightSky

4 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Let her break up amazon. As a shareholder it would,only benefit me. AMZN trades at around $1,620 if they break it up and split the stock into 6 different companies I would love it. 

This is what happened back in the day to Rockefeller and Standard. Warren is completely mentally deficient and  it shows in a big way.

An Apple site i go to is ,Macrumors. 

It is overall creative pros that lean left. Bezos even pandered to the left and implemented a wage structure based upon the $15 Sanders insisted upon.

The thanks Bezos has received has been what Warren is proposing. Amazon pays higher wages than anybody and it is hurting workers as they don’t need as many. They also don’t work as many hours. The $15 min wage is utter nonsense. Meanwhile Cuomo and others beg Amazon to reconsider and for Bezos to do so would be an act of stupidity.

warren is so far out of touch it is embarrassing. I am going to get me a beer.

"Let her break up amazon. As a shareholder it would,only benefit me. AMZN trades at around $1,620 if they break it up and split the stock into 6 different companies I would love it."

So are you claiming that a stock split would be good for shareholders but bad for Amazon.

"Amazon pays higher wages than anybody...

Got some evidence for that?

"They also don’t work as many hours. The $15 min wage is utter nonsense."

Really?

https://www.nber.org/papers/w25182.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/02/21/magazine/minimum-wage-saving-lives.html

"Warren is completely mentally deficient and  it shows in a big way."

But you know the worst thing about Elizabeth Warren? Instead of citing evidence and using reasoned arguments. she just employs empty insults. And Oh, wait a minute..that's not her. That's you.

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Lots of room to go after other monopolists and market distorters as well. Should put Walmart, Boeing, Cisco, and Disney in the crosshairs too.

????

But looks more like she has just put her own foot in the crosshairs, Facebook & Google can influence the elections. 

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Yes, but. I got the name wrong for Apple who have MacOS. ChromeOS is a separate OS for Chromebooks. The share of operating systems is wider if one considers not just consumer PCs etc., but all devices. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

Chrome has nothing to do with Apple.

It is Google's baby...

5 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Chrome has nothing to do with Apple.

It is Google's baby...

I did not say that ChromeOS was connected with Apple. My focus is pointing out that Windows does not have a monopoly in operating systems.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I did not say that ChromeOS was connected with Apple. My focus is pointing out that Windows does not have a monopoly in operating systems.

You have lost face.

• Thanks 1

Well she sure is trying to stand out in a crowded field.Two weeks ago it was reparations to african americans for slavery.Now tech giants are too powerful and need to be broke up.Good luck little miss can't do wrong with I am the government I know how to run a buisness.Those who can do,those who can't teach.