New Beer in Town

On 3/13/2019 at 10:16 PM, chickenslegs said:

The beer was terrible but it didn't matter. If you were 16 and bringing beer to a party you were cool.

Even as memories fade, I recall a kid named Izzy crawling across a front lawn vomiting and dragging half a six of Rolling Rocks behind him on a hot summer night 50 years ago.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, Katipo said:

It's actually been around for about 2 years or so, originally branded as Est 33 (I think). Singha's attempt at capturing the craft market.... which failed (as did Chang's). By coincidence, shortly afterwards, fines and jail time both went up for those illegally making the decent Thai craft beers. You can't get legal unless you are brewing 10k litres per month if I remember correctly.

Singha are now launching another lager named "My", after they coolly received "U" beer. Their marketing department needs to be fired if you ask me.... mind you, so do their brewers.

I think beer My is a renamed Singha light. I don't see any difference in taste. And by the way they dropped alcohol content in U beer to 4.5%.

12 minutes ago, faraday said:

Been drinking the Mybeer for about 3 weeks, & it's ok, I suppose - better than Sing or Chang. Not as gassy, & the taste seems more consistent.

Sing is better in my opinion. More flavor in it comparing to My beer.

Archived