"Foreign woman" suspected of three university thefts in Chiang Mai

webfact

"Foreign woman" suspected of three university thefts in Chiang Mai

5pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Thai media reported that an arrest warrant has been issued for a foreign woman suspected of stealing nearly 300,000 baht from three universities in Chiang Mai. 

The thefts occurred at Chiang Mai University on the 6th of March, Mae Jo Uni on the 7th and Ratchaphat Chiang Mai uni on the 9th.

At the latest theft 200,000 baht was taken. 

But CCTV managed to get good images of the person responsible and footprints were recovered that measured 22 cm long and 7 cm wide. 

CCTV from elsewhere in the university indicated that the woman was a foreigner with long hair about 160 cm tall. 

Police said that the suspect entered the university in the early evening of the 8th then hid before changing clothes and committing the theft around 5 am when all was quiet. 

An arrest warrant was issued but no details were revealed, said Sanook, who reported police as saying that they expected a quick arrest. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-14

5 minutes ago, webfact said:
But CCTV managed to get good images of the person responsible and footprints were recovered that measured 22 cm long and 7 cm wide.  

CCTV from elsewhere in the university indicated that the woman was a foreigner with long hair about 160 cm tall. 

Police said that the suspect entered the university in the early evening of the 8th then hid before changing clothes and committing the theft around 5 am when all was quiet. 

An arrest warrant was issued but no details were revealed, said Sanook, who reported police as saying that they expected a quick arrest. 

Why don't they show the images 'from elsewhere' I wonder?

I can hardly see how the CCTV released can be described as 'good images'.

Could be a tall Thai wearing larger shoes over their own to suggest it wasn't a Thai, but that's getting into conspiracy theories.

15 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So universities  leave that kind of money just basically laying around.

regards worgeordie

Maybe not the universities, but some of the students have evening/night time 'jobs'. :whistling: 

15 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

what a load of crap where is the proof this is a foreigner?  a large shoe?  has it really come to this?

an arrest warrant has been issued so perhaps you'll find out soon enough if it is a load of crap

8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:
27 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So universities  leave that kind of money just basically laying around.

regards worgeordie

Maybe not the universities, but some of the students have evening/night time 'jobs'. :whistling: 

We could be getting into different territory here: Getting away from the 'hard' cash, but perhaps looking to make a deposit in a sperm bank.

5 minutes ago, MARK74 said:
22 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

what a load of crap where is the proof this is a foreigner?  a large shoe?  has it really come to this?

an arrest warrant has been issued so perhaps you'll find out soon enough if it is a load of crap

If an arrest warrant has been issued, that will take the pressure off immigration.

I was expecting to see all foreign women leaving Thailand to have their shoes checked.

12 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Laughing! The paranoids  read  "foreign" principally as  caucasian. Get over yourselves.

It just could be the thief is an African pigmy  wearing stilts !

okay let's assume it is a southeast asian "foreigner" they are talking about well then could it not be a thai as well?  how can you tell the difference?  where is the proof?  please enlighten us as to how you cannot perceive this as a biased article without any proof it is a foreigner?

2 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

okay let's assume it is a southeast asian "foreigner" they are talking about well then could it not be a thai as well?  how can you tell the difference?  where is the proof?  please enlighten us as to how you cannot perceive this as a biased article without any proof it is a foreigner?

Still laughing. I have  no need to enlighten in view of my comment. But....a part of the  issued statement  has inferred that an arrest is possibly imminent. That would suggest that there is known cause to suspect an individual who IS a foreigner. What  make and model  I have  no idea  about. Ok?

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If an arrest warrant has been issued, that will take the pressure off immigration.

I was expecting to see all foreign women leaving Thailand to have their shoes checked.

"I was expecting to see all foreign women leaving Thailand to have their shoes checked".

Why?

3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

"please enlighten us as to how you cannot perceive this as a biased article without any proof it is a foreigner?"

Please enlighten us as to how you cannot read.  A warrant has been issued for her arrest so the chances are they know who the woman is, don't you think?

3 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Still laughing. I have  no need to enlighten in view of my comment. But....a part of the  issued statement  has inferred that an arrest is possibly imminent. That would suggest that there is known cause to suspect an individual who IS a foreigner. What  make and model  I have  no idea  about. Ok?

"What  make and model  I have  no idea  about. Ok?"

Maybe it was one of those unmaintained, used models with a clocked odometer that you know so much about, eh, tlandtday?

Archived