The 'farang In Thailand' Complex

kratindaeng

The question is, which farangs? There must be 50 different nationalities in LOS at any one time. I'm English, most of my relatives are Aussies and when we get together in Phuket we spend most of our time laughing. The Thais don't know one nationality from another, that's why they often ask "Where you fom?". In Phuket they can't tell Israeli from Finn or Greek from French. As has been said some folks don't smile much at home either. Take a ride on a tram here in Germany and you think you're on your way to a funeral. I get a lot more smiles in Thailand.

Im always happy no matter what, being pissed off causes stress.

Ive been ripped off a few times and if i cant do anything about it i just think you bugger. then go and get a few drinks

I'm always smiling after great sex. :D

I'm always smiling after any sex! :o

I smile at other farangs for two reasons.

the thoughts behind the first reason are roughly "haha! tourist, what an idiot. he knows three words out of a badly-written tourism guide, and can't pronounce any of them. this should be fun to watch."

the second reason's thought process is roughly "haha! they've lived here for a while, they speak thai better than I do! good one, you got me! I thought you were a tourist!"

Funny thing is when i put on a normal face it looks like im smiling.

I go to clubs and sometimes it gets me into trouble because girls think im smiling at them when im actually not.

Even at school if i ever got into trouble the teacher would say get that silly smirk off your face, when i say im not smiling they think im being a smart ass and say get out of the room.

your are blessed. i'm the opposite. if a have a normal face, people think i look in angry at them or at least so serious, even if i try to have a little smile in my face. people know me well can handle this, but some other always want to know what wrong with me and try to make me somekind of happy, what i'm in most cases already be.

Funny thing is when i put on a normal face it looks like im smiling.

I go to clubs and sometimes it gets me into trouble because girls think im smiling at them when im actually not.

Even at school if i ever got into trouble the teacher would say get that silly smirk off your face, when i say im not smiling they think im being a smart ass and say get out of the room.

your are blessed. i'm the opposite. if a have a normal face, people think i look in angry at them or at least so serious, even if i try to have a little smile in my face. people know me well can handle this, but some other always want to know what wrong with me and try to make me somekind of happy, what i'm in most cases already be.

I know where you're coming from. I'm naturally straight faced and many people can't tell if I'm joking or serious, especially in LOS. What are you gonna do, there's no surgery for this. However, LOS is one place where anyone can have fun without laughing.