Visa Renewal At Bkk Airport?

Ive used the same guy for the last 4 years to renew my visa and work permit, last year it took 6 Under Consideration Stamps due he said of problems between Pattaya and Bangkok Immigration. This year I was not going to use him,however he said he promised no problems as he now dealt direct with Bkk. I took his word and sure enough after just 1 week I had it back and valid up to 23 Feb 2008 and I collect the WP next week. Now the bit that worries me it is stamped Immigration Suvarnabhumi Airport and signed Immigration Officer Novotel, Is this legal and above board!!!!

Ive used the same guy for the last 4 years to renew my visa and work permit, last year it took 6 Under Consideration Stamps due he said of problems between Pattaya and Bangkok Immigration. This year I was not going to use him,however he said he promised no problems as he now dealt direct with Bkk. I took his word and sure enough after just 1 week I had it back and valid up to 23 Feb 2008 and I collect the WP next week. Now the bit that worries me it is stamped Immigration Suvarnabhumi Airport and signed Immigration Officer Novotel, Is this legal and above board!!!!

Would be interresting to see a scan of that stamp

More to the point, how much did it cost you??

22000 Bt for WP and Visa, gave a copy to my accountant who was heading to Pattaya Immigration Today to check it out, she has just phoned back and alls ok

22000 Bt for WP and Visa, gave a copy to my accountant who was heading to Pattaya Immigration Today to check it out, she has just phoned back and alls ok

Interesting.

Corruption Rules OK (TIT)

Interesting.

Corruption Rules OK (TIT)

So whats corrupt?? All the paper work was there, been paying tax for 8 years now, the correct fees were paid, just a quicker place to do it.

Thats the new (ish) Immagration Office at the new airport and it is in the Novotel hotel. Had my Non Im B extended there a while back..lovely people, no queues, no probs. If your asking re the airport and Novotel...yes its all above board.

Thats the new (ish) Immagration Office at the new airport and it is in the Novotel hotel. Had my Non Im B extended there a while back..lovely people, no queues, no probs. If your asking re the airport and Novotel...yes its all above board.

Immigration office at the Novotel airport which can do extensions ?

That's great news

Edited by Krub

==========

just a remark that the money to be paid was likely not just for immigration, sure that part went into the accountants pocket...

At least I asume 22000 can be split into 2000 and 20000 and that last part no doubt will be split....

==========

just a remark that the money to be paid was likely not just for immigration, sure that part went into the accountants pocket...

At least I asume 22000 can be split into 2000 and 20000 and that last part no doubt will be split....

Your correct of course on that, the money was the lawyers fees + new visa and work permit

Yes the office at the Novtel hotel (Suvarnabhumi airport) is a legal "One Stop Shop" that does everything that the ofice at Rachada does.

Very efficient and friendly... I think it took an hour, no more.

May change in time..!

There is no office on Ratchada - it closed last year. It is now 300 meters North-East of Central Plaza Latphao on Phaholyothin Road.

One – Stop Service Center for Visas and

Work Permits is moving to a new location at Rasa

tower 2, Floor 16

555 Phaholyothin Road,

Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900

since 25 December

Yes the office at the Novtel hotel (Suvarnabhumi airport) is a legal "One Stop Shop" that does everything that the ofice at Rachada does.

Very efficient and friendly... I think it took an hour, no more.

May change in time..!

Chaiyes, one hour to do what ? An extension ?

Do you know the tel number of this office ? Is it open on Saturdays ?

Thanks

The OP had two things done: work permit and extension of stay. Therefore, the total of 22,000 baht went to three parties:

1. Labour department: official fee

2. Immigration Office: official fee (I believe 1,900 Baht)

3. The rest: to the person whom the OP referred to as “the same guy”, i.e. the person assisting him with putting the documentation together and doing the running around for him.

--

Maestro

if our dear maestro had read the post carefully he would have noticed that an entry stamp was put in the OP's passport at Suvanbhum airport, indicating that the owner must have left and reentered the country. which i hate to say he did not.

i am afraid to have to tell u that ur visa has been obtained illegally. that does not mean that u will encounter problems with it and most thai authorities do not even know about the practice of sending passports abroad for visa renewal purposes.

all this is just legal speak. ur entitled to apply for a thai visa by mail as long as the application is under the juristiction and the jurisprudence of the embassy or consulate in charge of the territory.

i.e. if u lived in New York u would be most welcome to apply by mail to the NY consulate. applying by mail to

the New Orleans consulate would already constitute a breach of regulations and would most probably not be granted.

Under Thai law all mail visa applications going outside of the country are illegal.

nevertheless i dont foresee a problem at all as this has been going on for a number of years.

i also wouldnt worry too much about the signature of the imm officer, but normally they just initial it.

cheers

Edited by oooooo

i am afraid to have to tell u that ur visa has been obtained illegally.

I believe you got a couple of wires crossed, and I grant that it may be due to the ambiguous “visa renewal” used in the topic title.

The OP did not get new visa, as one might be led to believe from that title. From the text of his post it is clear that he did not, that he means what the Immigration Bureau on its website – and many ThaiVisa members – call “visa extension” and which officially is called “Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom” in form TM.7

I also grant that the reference to BKK airport may have led you to believe that the OP referred to an entry stamp he obtained in his passport. However, later in the topic it was clarified that he obtained his stamp – which in fact is a stamp for an extension of stay – at the new Immigration office located at the Novotel hotel next to the airport. In other words, it is the type of extension stamp that any of the dozens of Immigration offices in the country issue.

Therefore, unless the OP comes and states otherwise, let us all continue the discussion, if a continuation be needed, on the basis that he obtained an extension of his work permit from the labour department and an extension of stay from the Immigration office. The fact that he used “the usual guy” to assist him makes no difference. It could just as well have been Sunbelt or any other legal office to render that service for him, and many people use such assistance.

--

Maestro