Uk Visa For Thai Wife

we r currently living in the uk after spending 12 months travelling around thailand. my girlfriend has a 6 month tourist visa.

we are getting married in 2 months but dont plan on staying here for 2 years to get residency.

if we return to thailand but come back to the uk in the future will it be harder to get a residents visa?

the only reason we have come back to the uk is because i had a motorbike crash & had to have my right leg amputated above the knee & a metal plate put in my hip. just have to learn to walk again then i can return to what i consider more my home than england. THAILAND...... maybe then i can put my t.e.f.l. certificate to good use.

c ya

paul :o

Oops scratch that previous comment Thai Tim - I didn't see the very clear subject line of your post. For a UK visa, by far the best method is that she applies as your spouse from outide the country. If you marry here and then leave, but on return apply for a spouse visa, that would probably be ok. If you happen to stay, and she as a spouse must renew her vise, then you have lots of hassels and delays to deal with. So I guess it depends on how firm your plans are. If they are not firm I would fork out for some legal advice (about £50-100) it will be the best money you ever spend.

thanks crocs. i understood that if u get married in the uk u can extend your visa for another 2 years then at the end of the 2 years apply for residency? is this not the case????? these visa rules are pretty confusing sometimes.

when i was in hospital for 7 weeks my visa ran out but even though i had lost my leg & shattered my hip they still told me i had to leave the country & return to extend my visa. even with a letter from my doctor telling them that i could not leave the hospital & a letter from the british embassy telling them to extend it.

but then living in thailand these things are expected i suppose

c ya

paul

If your girlfriend has only got a 6 months tourist visa by all means get married over here But make sure she leaves the UK before her Visa runs out as in Thailand do not over stay as it could cause problems if your girlfriend requires another visa