Pcx or Nmax

Rc2702

I am still riding my honda click 110i.

I wanted a Forza but wise heads prevailed and informed me it's just too big and not ideal for my 8km a day whiz round the city.

So a PCX is in my sights but I'm wondering what people think of Nmax?

Im not spending a baht over 50k and I don't see many pcx for sale locally so if any one has any major concerns over the differentials please advise. Keeping my options to these two only now.  

My clicks odometer stopped working at 26909 that was 3 months ago. 

My Mrs says I'm too big for the click. I have been riding it just over 4 years but I came off it on a gravelly corner 6 weeks ago. Had a helmet on so all good but it could have been a lot worse if traffic was around me.

In Thailand one sees about 10 PCX for each N Max.

I've just returned from Indonesia where one sees 10 Nmax for each PCX. 

Even here in Thailand Yamaha is recognized for being slight better technically but they don't have the dealer network like Honda.

If there is  a Yamaha dealer near you and they are friendly and helpful then go Yamaha. 

• Like 2

"Im not spending a baht over 50k"

You are obviously talking about a used bike, as both are much more than B50,000 new. It will be very hard to find a late model, low mileage PCX or NMax for B50,000. Yamaha tends to depreciate faster than Honda, so you can probably get a better used NMax than PCX for a given amount of money.  I prefer Honda over Yamaha and the PCX over the NMax, but the ABS on the NMax is a "plus". But, given your budget limit, search for the best PCX or NMax that you can find for the money you have to spend and buy that one. You can likely find a newer and lower km NMax than PCX for a given amount of money, and you will be pleased either way. I think that you will need to spend at least B60,000 for a good PCX or Nmax, but your search will tell you much better than my guess. If your B50,000 price limit is firm, you may be driving your Click for some time to come. 

You are very wrong about the Forza -- it is not too big and would be better that either the PCX or NMax for an "8km a day whiz round the city".  The Forza is heads and shoulders above both the PCX and NMax. But, it is even more money, so given your budget it should be forgotten for what ever reason. You cannot find a Forza in good working condition for less than B70,000. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I've just returned from Indonesia where one sees 10 Nmax for each PCX. ...

If there is  a Yamaha dealer near you and they are friendly and helpful then go Yamaha. 

True, many more PCX than Yamaha in Thailand

Yamaha Nmax 155 is made in Indonesia

I have one for one year now, and I love it ! never drove a PCX 

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If you bought new I guess there both the same they have ABS how good a system is I no idea.

The 2019 Honda PCX that is sold in Thailand still does not have ABS and it still has a rear drum brake. >>> LINK

The NMax has disc brakes front and rear with ABS. >>>LINK

57 minutes ago, Fat Prophet said:

"Im not spending a baht over 50k"

You are obviously talking about a used bike, as both are much more than B50,000 new. It will be very hard to find a late model, low mileage PCX or NMax for B50,000. Yamaha tends to depreciate faster than Honda, so you can probably get a better used NMax than PCX for a given amount of money.  I prefer Honda over Yamaha and the PCX over the NMax, but the ABS on the NMax is a "plus". But, given your budget limit, search for the best PCX or NMax that you can find for the money you have to spend and buy that one. You can likely find a newer and lower km NMax than PCX for a given amount of money, and you will be pleased either way. I think that you will need to spend at least B60,000 for a good PCX or Nmax, but your search will tell you much better than my guess. If your B50,000 price limit is firm, you may be driving your Click for some time to come. 

You are very wrong about the Forza -- it is not too big and would be better that either the PCX or NMax for an "8km a day whiz round the city".  The Forza is heads and shoulders above both the PCX and NMax. But, it is even more money, so given your budget it should be forgotten for what ever reason. You cannot find a Forza in good working condition for less than B70,000. 

The Forza is too big for my needs. I know the roads I use and I've seen forzas using them and tried one. The 50k is today's figure but I'm still months away from buying I reckon as I have not found a good dealer yet so maybe the budget will increase but I like a good deal. 

3 hours ago, Issanman said:

The 2019 Honda PCX that is sold in Thailand still does not have ABS and it still has a rear drum brake. >>> LINK

The NMax has disc brakes front and rear with ABS. >>>LINK

Maybe in Thailand dunno but googled and read 2019 PCX has ABS,  thanks but it's not important for me.

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I've just returned from Indonesia where one sees 10 Nmax for each PCX. 

Even here in Thailand Yamaha is recognized for being slight better technically but they don't have the dealer network like Honda.

In Pattaya, all the scooter shops service both Honda & Yamaha.

If you are looking for a used one, the Nmax is likely the best choice, cheaper from new, so you get more for your 50k, and ABS is really nice to have and as mentioned; older PCX don't have it.

Best if you could try them first, best way to judge a vehicle, one person like one over the other and the other way around, only you can decide.

I have the 1st generation pcx150, must be around 6 years old now, been flawless, very comfortable for larger persons.  

18 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

The Forza is too big for my needs. I know the roads I use and I've seen forzas using them and tried one. The 50k is today's figure but I'm still months away from buying I reckon as I have not found a good dealer yet so maybe the budget will increase but I like a good deal. 

With all due respect, your post is complete nonsense. The Forza is bigger than the PCX, but a Forza can go down any road or through any space that a PCX can maneuver through. The real limit is the widest points on a bike, which is the distance from the outside points on the rear view mirrors, and is largely determined by the length of the handlebars. The distance is virtually identical on the Forza and PCX. You might find that the seat or the gas tank on the Forza is too wide for your comfort. But, it has nothing to do with "the roads [you] use" -- nothing.

Your OP says "Im not spending a baht over 50k" -- your words. No qualification. And as time passes, the price of the PCX for a given quality used bike tends to rise, not fall, as the price of the new PCX rises. True, a 2017 PCX will be cheaper in 3 years' time, but it will also be 3 years older and have more km's of use. If you wait one year and would consider a 2017 PCX (or NMax) now, you would want a 2018 PCX then, which will likely be more expensive. A PCX is now B25,000 more than when I bought my PCX 150, which I sold for a Forza several years ago and to which I added a new Forza 1+ months ago. There is no place that I cannot go on my Forza that I could go on my PCX -- none!!

Your original post was a waste of your time, and your following posts have been a waste of our time. Buy what ever you want, and don't ask for advice unless you can provide enough accurate information to make that advice mean something, even remotely. Next...……..  

2 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

With all due respect, your post is complete nonsense. The Forza is bigger than the PCX, but a Forza can go down any road or through any space that a PCX can maneuver through. The real limit is the widest points on a bike, which is the distance from the outside points on the rear view mirrors, and is largely determined by the length of the handlebars. The distance is virtually identical on the Forza and PCX. You might find that the seat or the gas tank on the Forza is too wide for your comfort. But, it has nothing to do with "the roads [you] use" -- nothing.

Your OP says "Im not spending a baht over 50k" -- your words. No qualification. And as time passes, the price of the PCX for a given quality used bike tends to rise, not fall, as the price of the new PCX rises. True, a 2017 PCX will be cheaper in 3 years' time, but it will also be 3 years older and have more km's of use. If you wait one year and would consider a 2017 PCX (or NMax) now, you would want a 2018 PCX then, which will likely be more expensive. A PCX is now B25,000 more than when I bought my PCX 150, which I sold for a Forza several years ago and to which I added a new Forza 1+ months ago. There is no place that I cannot go on my Forza that I could go on my PCX -- none!!

Your original post was a waste of your time, and your following posts have been a waste of our time. Buy what ever you want, and don't ask for advice unless you can provide enough accurate information to make that advice mean something, even remotely. Next...……..  

Sorry I'm not you to read all of that as it looks like a waste of time. Made my decision Nmax or a pcx but the Nmax is in front. Forza is too big. Maybe not for a fatlad.

Either pcx or nmax will be fine,  I like the dual disk breaks and dual ABS on Nmax,  for sure you stop better on that than on pcx...! 

But really need to go up to 60k baht for a good condition low mileage one of either....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 11:41 AM, Fat Prophet said:

wow calm down... the guy has a reasonable point about the bulkiness of the forza sure it may be able to split traffic almost the same but it is definitely a clumsier bike in small spaces and more difficult to park.  He does not do a lot of highway driving so why a forza around town?  Best bet is probably a nmax but if you are primarily concerned with around town driving consider a click.

8 hours ago, tlandtday said:

wow calm down... the guy has a reasonable point about the bulkiness of the forza sure it may be able to split traffic almost the same but it is definitely a clumsier bike in small spaces and more difficult to park.  He does not do a lot of highway driving so why a forza around town?  Best bet is probably a nmax but if you are primarily concerned with around town driving consider a click.

Always calm. I suggest that you read my post again, carefully.  You don't need to do "a lot of highway driving" to make the Forza a better/best choice for your only around town bike. The Forza is far more comfortable for the average farang, and handles much better than a Click. For strictly around town driving, I agree that the NMax or the PCX are absolutely fine (a Click is not "fine"), but the Forza is better in almost every way -- better comfort, acceleration and handling than the NMax and PCX. You are of course free to your opinion, but at least when you express it publicly make it based on facts/reason and not complete (and inaccurate) speculation. 

• Haha 1

NMax has a few technical differences one of which is the grease lubricated CVT driven pulley, wheras PCX has a conventional brass/oilite? bushing.

Save money on brass / spend money on oil seals.

Maybe it makes the transmission smoother? Who knows?

Edited by VocalNeal