Upper Thailand suffers from smog crisis

rooster59

3 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

Antonymous, please supply more information on the air purifiers.  I'll get a couple of them today! 

I might need to get a really really huge one that can purify the entire area surrounding my house because my wife refuses to close the front doors!  That is another issue!  Do they come in different sizes?  Our bedroom is 27 SQM and the great room is 96 SQM.  Thanks for the help...I've got keys in hand ready to go!

Sorry, I've been away from TV all afternoon.

I use Sharp  FP-J30 which were sold in PowerBuy as well as on Lazada in December. Brings down to around 15-18 in a 22m2 room and around 5-8 in a 10m2 room (that's at my house, with gaps under doors that let in air from outside). for a really big space you'd require bigger units but you'll be paying alot more for that.

I paid 3,150 baht each for the Sharp. They were on sale in PowerBuy in December and January. Just checked and none at Lazada right now. Haven't been to PowerBuy recently but I'm sure that they would have sold out in the sale and probably have more expensive ones now (that's supply and demand at work).

Just bought four Xiaomi 2S air purifiers 6000 baht each after searching for weeks, the shop has sold loads, sold out again now.

They work very well bringing us down from over 200 to 20 or 30 AQI, they are automatic, have smartphone app and cheap to run only 23 watts each.

Not looking forward to replacing the filters as I am sure they will be expensive, but family’s health more important.

i do feel sorry for the poor people who haven’t got my options, and no power to improve their situation. Time to make the Government accountable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Just bought four Xiaomi 2S air purifiers 6000 baht each after searching for weeks, the shop has sold loads, sold out again now.

They work very well bringing us down from over 200 to 20 or 30 AQI, they are automatic, have smartphone app and cheap to run only 23 watts each.

Not looking forward to replacing the filters as I am sure they will be expensive, but family’s health more important.

i do feel sorry for the poor people who haven’t got my options, and no power to improve their situation. Time to make the Government accountable.

650 baht not to bad but the question is how often under this load? at least twice a year maybe 3 . Your unit should give a flashing light when its time. https://shopee.co.th/Replacement-Air-Filter-Cartridge-Purifier-Element-For-Xiaomi-Mi-Air-2S-Mi-2-i.82270931.1650561206

19 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Good to see recommendations.

The Xiaomi 2S is 4,399 baht on Lazada today, if anyone is interested in that one.

16 hours ago, canopy said:

Human rights are what we agree them to be. Not sure if clean air is in the UN contract most nations have signed. Probably not.

For any real rights one has to fight for it. I don't see anybody with a pitchfork on the streets so cold smoking season will continue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

A cynic might think that since it does not affect Bangkok, then it isn't much of a concern to the government.

A cynic might be correct...

A realist might think that close to zero laws are enforced in this country due to a totally farcical police force and justice system and so the lack of action has more to do with that rather than some conspiratorial nonsense that only negative factors affecting Bangkok are ever dealt with in this country.

A realist might be correct.

• Like 1