Financing For Farangs

drake84

Whats your legal status in thailand i.e. permenent res, work permitt, visa type? (I presume you're not a tourist.)?

I would have thought pretty near to impossible unless you are a permanent res, with all the suporting documentation and and estalished relationship with some or other bank - and defneatly imposs if you are here on only a work permitt, visa or anything less "permanent" - unless (and this applies to all the above), you can find someone to act as collateral (whose status is such that they can get finance).

Even getting a mortgage (with permanent res and a work permitt) has become a lot harder than it used to be - and thats for an asset thats going no-where, never mind one that stands the risk of been thrown under a bus or against a telephone pole!

Someone will come back with all the "legal in's & outs" - in practise, not withstanding those details, I think you're in for a struggle.

MF

Edited by Maizefarmer

Does anyone know if it's possible to finance a new motorcycle here with say, half down? Has anyone ever tried?

Solent01_ the only suggestions, assuming you have a job and work permit, is to get a credit card from HSBC or Standard Charter (20% interest), and buy the bike using the card as your credit source. If no job, well, you wont be staying here too long anyway assuming you don't have 40,000 cash for the bike in the first place.

You can get financing for a car (I assume this also applies to a motorbike) only if you have a work permit. I purchased a new car and obtained 3 year financing at 2.9% annual interest.

Jay why are you pionting the answer at me? I didn't ask the question, and for your info I'm 37 and already retired, money for me is not a problem, I own 3 houses in Thailand, 1 back in England, drive an M5, and my wife has a Fortuner, so if you want to question my visa, I'm sorted mate..... alright....

My post above was just having a laugh with maize, before he edited his post he sounded drunk.... not that thats a problem just having fun........ jezzzzzz whats up with this forum? everybody seems uptight.....

Edited by solent01

Jay why are you pionting the answer at me? I didn't ask the question, and for your info I'm 37 and already retired, money for me is not a problem, I own 3 houses in Thailand, 1 back in England, drive an M5, and my wife has a Fortuner, so if you want to question my visa, I'm sorted mate..... alright....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like you mate,not pretentious,modest,anf first of all not quickly irritated.

Sorry back to the OP, yes we can get a loan, no problem, but they do want to see a regular income, either from you or your partner same as back home, a bank is still a bank, no matter where the country. Sorry for sounding off also, went out tonight/last night and got a little bit under the weather (pis* arse* drun*) and after being on the forum for probably too long, started to get annoyed with some of the posts, and started sounding off, I apologise.

Sorry back to the OP, yes we can get a loan, no problem, but they do want to see a regular income, either from you or your partner same as back home, a bank is still a bank, no matter where the country. Sorry for sounding off also, went out tonight/last night and got a little bit under the weather (pis* arse* drun*) and after being on the forum for probably too long, started to get annoyed with some of the posts, and started sounding off, I apologise.

Sorry also, meant to start of "drake84.. an then the rest of my suggestion" , was my error in using the wrong handle.. no offence taken.. if read in context my answer was for drake84 etc.. cheers JAy

Does anyone know if it's possible to finance a new motorcycle here with say, half down? Has anyone ever tried?

I bought my bike on credit: 5 month with 2500 bath interest. Honda CB 400. I had to copy my passeport and Visa (business Visa). I know some english teachers in Hat Yai with a tourist Visa who bought their motorbikes also on credit but they didn't needed a work permit.

I think it depends were you buy it and if people know you...

But don't think about a personal loan at the bank or any credit a the bank.

Yes Jay, I did read in context, but I'm sure you understand that I was totally stupid, anyway glad you except, so does that make us lovers or something? :o

Unless of course your female with huge boobs and love drunken idiots? in which case :D

Edited by solent01

Yes Jay, I did read in context, but I'm sure you understand that I was totally stupid, anyway glad you except, so does that make us lovers or something? :D

Unless of course your female with huge boobs and love drunken idiots? in which case :D

Lovers not in this lifetime :D , but I'll line up a couple of Maejo Uni students when your in CM next time!! Can't guarantee big boobs, but can promiss a good time (i assume your in Fang District from your previous posts) good time!! :o

PS. leave the missus and kids at home..

Guess I'll have to miss out on the students then.............. my wife and kids are my life :D

Maybe in my next life.... :o

Great to here of a happy man, I'm only a couple of years older than you, 2 daughters, and single (divorced)... .. unfortunately I married a girl from the right-side-of-the street, but alas still did not work out... take care of my daughters, having the best time of my life ...Jay

Wow! Don't suppose you could lend me 40,000 for a motorbike?

Wow! Don't suppose you could lend me 40,000 for a motorbike?

This is Thailand, the currency in baht.................... I'll lend it to you at the Thai loan shark rate, approximately 10% a month..............

maize, love ya dud, but I think the chang has got you tonight, but then maybe not, maybe you are so excited to answer the question you typed too quick?

?????? - why - have I gone wrong here somewhere - always open to correction - go ahead.

er ..... me drinks not - except milk and water and the occassional softdrink.

MF