French expat, pregnant Thai woman killed in motorbike collision in Rawai

webfact

11 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

This incident is not cracked up to be given the amount of misinformation in this thread....  

safe driving saves lives not helmets....

Anyone not wearing a helmet is not driving safely, for themselves. 

Showing that much disregard for your own safety, means you should little regard for the safety of others you share the road with.

8 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

I truly hope this is the case. But other reports said that it was the Thai lady on the small bike who was pregnant. There are also conflicting reports about whether the this lady has since also died. I know people at the scene said she was moving, but that she had serious head trauma.

They had just come back from the Temple, so Im told

On 3/20/2019 at 8:34 AM, Lucius verus said:

Yep, especially out in the provinces.

Thailand kills off staggering numbers of foreigners annually.

I used to get all the gossip from Isaan women returning to BKK after Songkran holidays.

Apparently he was a 48 year old French man who was drunk & I guess driving crazily fast? who drove into the back of a Thai motor bike killing the driver, his lady & their unborn child. So I give the Thai family my respects & I'm happy the French man died, I hope not instantly so it hurt more but I also feel a little bit sorry for his email passenger that is in ICU very seriously hurt, but she did make her choice to get on the back of her drunk mans powerful bike.

22 hours ago, Benroon said:

Apart from the one about 6 inches from the dead body ? 

It does  look like a helmet but surely  the police and the reporting agency involved can't be that inept, can they?

To add:  " I also feel a little bit sorry for his email passenger that is in ICU very seriously hurt, but she did make her choice to get on the back of her drunk mans powerful bike."   (helloagain)

I believe I can understand your feelings, helloagain,  but I really can't condemn the lady at all based on what we know from this limited (inaccurate?)  reporting.

Archived