Extension of Stay (ret) renewal checklist

Next month I have to do my first renewal of my extension of stay (at Chaeng Wattana with 800k deposit) based on retirement. I will also have a new (renewal) passport. Can you assist me with the checklist? I figure I need ........

New passport

Old passport

TM7

1 x (4x6) photo
Pcopy of both passports (incl orig ext of stay page)

Pcopy of TM6

Statement letter from Bank
Pcopy of bank book showing 800k and deposit date
2 copies of bills to show proof of address OR copy of condo title deeds

TM8 (for new re-entry permit)

Fees - 1900 baht plus 3800 baht

I plan the renew 7 days before the current extension of stay runs out.

Thanks a million! I do hate going to CW so want to get it all right.

Edited by MRToMRT
re-entry permit

Think good idea to do letter at CW and need small deposit to show activity on day of application. I did mine at CW late 2018 also based on retirement. io wanted map of where I live. She also took copy of my lease. When you say photocopy of both passports. As you stated the id page and pages with extension stamps. I also included my original non o, perhaps not necessary. 

Your reentry permit is separate area. If imm is busy you can obtain one at airport when departing. Quick process. Have your tm7 etc all filled in and go straight past form collection area and obtain your ticket #. Then do your bank letter if you decide on obtaining one at imm. Quick process. 

Could you please report back regarding showing of bankbook 3 months after you obtain extension. CW won't want it but seems some offices are giving a report back date? 

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Thanks 1

You can not extend until you transfer current extension of stay and visa information into the new passport.  So if doing same day that will be first step.  You will need copies of old/new and transfer stamps to new passport form (and request from your Embassy to transfer stamps).

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Could you please report back regarding showing of bankbook 3 months after you obtain extension. CW won't want it but seems some offices are giving a report back date? 

Thanks Jack.

I will report back on the post 3 month bank balance requirement.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can not extend until you transfer current extension of stay and visa information into the new passport.  So if doing same day that will be first step.  You will need copies of old/new and transfer stamps to new passport form (and request from your Embassy to transfer stamps).

Oh I did not know that - any idea how to iniate the "and request from your Embassy to transfer stamps"? Its a UK passport should I request something from VFS when picking up the new passport or will I have to go the embassy? Any idea?

1 minute ago, MRToMRT said:

Oh I did not know that - any idea how to iniate the "and request from your Embassy to transfer stamps"? Its a UK passport should I request something from VFS when picking up the new passport or will I have to go the embassy? Any idea?

Lopburi will answer that. For au at the embassy they give you that letter. I assume if your getting it from trendy building it will be with your pp. Any UK guys advise?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Not true..last year I renewed my "retirement"extension here at Jomtien before they transfered my stamps into my new passport...it was what they requested at that time,unless things have changed now?

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I'm bit confused. Think its his first extension? 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This from the OP indicates it is the 2nd extension.

31 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Next month I have to do my first renewal of my extension of stay (at Chaeng Wattana with 800k deposit) based on retirement.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Its my first renewal of my "ext of stay based on retirement". I got my first ever "ext of stay based on retirement" a year ago and its about to run out. 

Sorry for confusion I may not be using correct terminology as this is new to me.

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Thanks 1

CW now requires a map to where you live and a copy of your last 90 day report receipt. The map can be hand drawn or google map. did my extension on 13 Mar 19. First time in 9 extensions I had to produce this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

UK seems to not automatically issue such letter but they can provide - will let someone with experience provide details.  You can download the required form for immigration transfer here to have it ready.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/documents/form_transfer_stamp.pdf

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Its a UK passport should I request something from VFS when picking up the new passport or will I have to go the embassy?

VFS should give you the necessary proforma (which you fill out yourself) when you collect your new passport.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

CW now requires a map to where you live and a copy of your last 90 day report receipt. The map can be hand drawn or google map. did my extension on 13 Mar 19. First time in 9 extensions I had to produce this.

I have never heard of CW requesting to see 90 day report for extension based on retirement. 

I live in Phuket. I know each place might have each local rule.
But for your reference.
In this Feb., I have done two things at the same time,
     transfer stamp from old passport to new one
     and 1 year extension of retirement.

In addition with regular document of retirement 1 year,
I had to prepare,
(1) embassy letter about issuing new passport.
(2) application form to transfer stamp to new passport.

I received (1) form embassy of my home country in Thai with new passport.

About (2), I used this form.
http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/downloads/download/img050.jpg
This might be Phuket local form.
Person in other area should use this, maybe.
https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548856727.doc

With these documents, I went into the room for retirement in Pluket immigration.
Two things have done at the same time, THB 1900. only.

After that, only with new passport, I could get re-entry permit.
Single THB 1000. only.

Just now, pmarlin said:

You have now

2 years ago they did not see mine in my passport and told me I had to go and get one before they could give me my extension. I got a "sorry, na" when I showed them it was in there and told them they had made me tok jai.

3 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

I live in Phuket. I know each place might have each local rule.
But for your reference.
In this Feb., I have done two things at the same time,
     transfer stamp from old passport to new one
     and 1 year extension of retirement.

In addition with regular document of retirement 1 year,
I had to prepare,
(1) embassy letter about issuing new passport.
(2) application form to transfer stamp to new passport.

I received (1) form embassy of my home country in Thai with new passport.

About (2), I used this form.
http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/downloads/download/img050.jpg
This might be Phuket local form.
Person in other area should use this, maybe.
https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548856727.doc

With these documents, I went into the room for retirement in Pluket immigration.
Two things have done at the same time, THB 1900. only.

After that, only with new passport, I could get re-entry permit.
Single THB 1000. only.

Those links do not work 

35 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

Yep, CW BKK seems to be more consistent now in asking/demanding a copy of a map showing the applicant's home location for retirement extensions. They hit me for the same last time, first time ever for that.

FWIW, they didn't ask me for a copy of my 90-day reporting receipt on my last retirement extension visit last fall, but I always bring a copy just in case.

There have also been sporadic reports that CW is asking/demanding renters to show a copy of their TM-30 receipt.  They didn't ask me for that on my last visit last fall, but there have been various posts on that starting toward the end of 2018. Hard to decipher what's currently going on with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yep, CW BKK seems to be more consistent now in asking/demanding a copy of a map showing the applicant's home location for retirement extensions. They hit me for the same last time, first time ever for that.

I provided (CW/BKK-ext stay/ret: Sep 2018) a printed map. The agent nodded then asked me to hand-draw a map from the main road. My sense was that she wanted to see if I really lived where I stated, or maybe she was worried if I could find my way home?

I bring just about anything that has been mentioned in other checklists, or asked for personally. Nothing worse than having to trek down to the copy center.

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I provided (CW/BKK-ext stay/ret: Sep 2018) a printed map. The agent nodded then asked me to hand-draw a map from the main road. My sense was that she wanted to see if I really lived where I stated, or maybe she was worried if I could find my way home?

That's interesting!  I never thought that might be the motivation for them asking.

When I went to CW last fall for my ret. extension, the woman officer asked my wife in Thai to have one of us DRAW a map to our home. When I asked my wife and she explained what the officer was asking for, I promptly pulled out of my folder a copy of a Google Map printed/annotated map/direction to our home. The IO was surprised I had it, but accepted it, and didn't force me to draw one with my terrible handwriting!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ext Stay/Ret-Income - CW...

For proof of residence, as a renter, is a copy of the lease required? Does the lease have to run through/past the next extension date (2021)? Or can it expire before that?

Or a paid bill/receipt? Most recent bill? All previous twelve (12)?

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

For proof of residence, as a renter, is a copy of the lease required? Does the lease have to run through/past the next extension date (2021)? Or can it expire before that?

Definitely need:

1. Lease signed by landlord
  2. ID of landlord, signed by landlord

I do not know if they would want 12 months lease going forward - but I doubt it, especially for retirement-based.  I would bring the last rent-bill, in case it is requested.  If you have more, might as well have them in your bag just in case.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I have done several at CW. I use my lease and it only needs to be current. ID of landlord was never required. I take along receipts of rent payments. Never asked for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Definitely need:

1. Lease signed by landlord
  2. ID of landlord, signed by landlord

I do not know if they would want 12 months lease going forward - but I doubt it, especially for retirement-based.  I would bring the last rent-bill, in case it is requested.  If you have more, might as well have them in your bag just in case.

I know this sounds like a daft question, but does the lease needs to cover the date that you're getting your extension or would one be acceptable that covers the date from when the extension begins. 

The reason I ask is my Extension is due on September 19th so I'm hoping to go in around August 20th but I only have a signed copy of the 1/9/2018 - 30/8/2019 lease & an unsigned copy of the 2019/2020 one (So obviously the 2018/2019 lease was accepted for an extension that started after it expired, I don't think I'd even signed the 2019/2020 one at this point).

I could leave the extension until the 1st week in September when the next lease would be valid but knowing my luck, the amnesty will be extended to end of August & CW will be rammed 1st couple of weeks in September ???? 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have done several at CW. I use my lease and it only needs to be current. ID of landlord was never required. I take along receipts of rent payments. Never asked for.

I've lived in the same BKK residence for years, and been doing my retirement extensions for all those same years at BKK CW...

Just to be safe, I always bring a copy of my current housing lease with me along with a photocopy of my landlord's Thai ID... But I can't recall the last time, if ever, that any IO at BKK CW ever asked to see either of those as part of my extension application process.

I also bring along other address indicators like a TOT bill, but likewise, it's never left my documents folder.

They have, however, periodically asked me to hand over a map showing the location of my home.

I spoke with an immigration lawyer - friend of a friend - and he said that the lease just needs to be valid though the end of the month for the current application. So if applying for an extension on July 18, 2020, the lease should run through July 30, 2020 at a minimum.

The lease has been asked for specifically of me at CW, for the past few years.

I'll probably just get a new lease as it easy for me to do.

Last year the lease, picture of me in front of building (with building name and street number visible), map, current TM30, owner's blue book (signed) and owner's Thai ID (signed) were all requested. No bills were requested, but I have the most recent twelve in hand.

Has anyone gotten the Bangkok Bank monthly income/FTT letter recently? Is the format the same as it has been for ~ 1 year (summary of 12 transfers)?

Edited by mtls2005