I read in other areas of Thailand, many have experienced police doing piss check and alcohol check..........

Whats your experience on Samui.........??

:o

Not too impressed with your choice of language.

Samui police do not seem to check for anything except for motorbike helmets when they are short of cash.

Never heard of any breath or URINE testing.

Edited by Lite Beer

I read in other areas of Thailand, many have experienced police doing piss check and alcohol check..........

Not too impressed with your choice of language.

Samui police do not seem to check for anything except for motorbike helmets when they are short of cash.

Never heard of any breath or URINE testing.

Sorry if I gave you red ears....... :D:D do you wear gloves when you take a piss after to much Lite or light beer ??

I was under the impresion that bad language was against the forum rules.

Obviously I am wrong.

Are you taking the piss? It's hardly even a swear word, probobally less offensive than bloody hel_l.................

The F word, the C word fine, but who's gonna get offended with piss?

I've seen hundreds of posts on many forums relating to piss tests and not once have I seen anyone complain about the language and not once have I see it moderated.

Maybe you should take a piss test. :o

Obviously I am wrong.

Are you taking the piss? It's hardly even a swear word, probobally less offensive than bloody hel_l.................

I've seen hundreds of posts on many forums relating to piss tests and not once have I seen anyone complain about the language and not once have I see it moderated.

Maybe you should take a piss test. :o

Be carefull.......maybe he will tell you to "pee pee of" :D

Obviously I am wrong.

Maybe you should take a piss test. :D

Says a lot about the quality of posters here.....

and it should read "pee pee off" :o

Apart from the spat going on about the choice of word used, is there a reason for the OP to ask the question?

Yes, ofcourse............I do like to share a nice bottle of wine with my wife when we eat out on Samui........many times we go by a rental car....and it would be nice to know, how "safe" I am driving home.............And yes I know its wrong and bla bla......But I do know my limits and I do take taxis if Im over MY limits.......

I recently just saw a poster from up North........where they have experienced piss tests......so I just wonder how common it is on Samui to bump in to such a thing.........

I think its serious, when people could have a puff back in their home Country, go to Thailand and get arrested 3 weeks later, because they can trace it...........lot's of " inecent" tourist could end up in Jail , that way :o

Yes, ofcourse............I do like to share a nice bottle of wine with my wife when we eat out on Samui........many times we go by a rental car....and it would be nice to know, how "safe" I am driving home.............And yes I know its wrong and bla bla......But I do know my limits and I do take taxis if Im over MY limits.......

Well, that's a scary thought. I'm sure the vast majority of drunks on the roads think (or thought in some cases) they were within their limits.

A lot also depends on how familiar you are with the road you'll be driving on. If it's somewhere you live and travel on daily you are more likely to be able to navigate it while impaired. If you are visiting a new area and don't know the roads all that well your chances of killing yourself or someone else are greater.

Then there's the factor of the quality of the road and other drivers around you. From what I hear, Samui isn't the safest place to drive when sober let alone tipsy.

Anyway, Good Luck!

Obviously I am wrong.

Maybe you should take a piss test. :D

Says a lot about the quality of posters here.....

and it should read "pee pee off" :o

I believe etymologically is comes from a french word pisser which is originally from an onomatopoeic colloquial latin word pissiare.

I think it is now considered informal language, although in Victorian days and for a long while after it was probobally considered vulgar, they didn't much like anything connected to sex or body motions, which is probobally why some still deem it offensive today.

I do not find it offensive, neigher would my mother, my grandmother or her mother however may have different feelings towards the use of the word.

Edited by womble

Apart from the spat going on about the choice of word used, is there a reason for the OP to ask the question?

You sound like the sort of person Samui really needs.

Maybe when you are stopped for driving while drunk you can tell the police to P--- OFF.

You sound like the sort of person Samui really needs.

Maybe when you are stopped for driving while drunk you can tell the police to P--- OFF.

It might be wiser to hand over a crisp 500 baht note :o

when they had the drugs crack down a couple of years ago they were testing many thais but left the tourists alone not happened recently to any body i know .what the police should do is go to the beach and check out any seller of hammocks or henna tattoos and they can stop the drugs getting to at least some of the tourist today offered it twice in a matter of yards when i told them what i thought of them got verbally abused in english and thai ... :D

when they had the drugs crack down a couple of years ago they were testing many thais but left the tourists alone not happened recently to any body i know .what the police should do is go to the beach and check out any seller of hammocks or henna tattoos and they can stop the drugs getting to at least some of the tourist today offered it twice in a matter of yards when i told them what i thought of them got verbally abused in english and thai ... :D

here we go again,

drugs are bad, m'kay?

say it out loud, drugs are bad.

by the way OP, Urine testing is done here to find evidence of illicit drug consumption, it is almost assured that no cop on samui is looking for drunks on the road.

here we go again,

drugs are bad, m'kay?

by the way OP, Urine testing is done here to find evidence of illicit drug consumption, it is almost assured that no cop on samui is looking for drunks on the road.

So they do "urine' testing for drugs on Samui......have you experienced it or did you just hear rumors ?

here we go again,

drugs are bad, m'kay?

So they do "urine' testing for drugs on Samui......have you experienced it or did you just hear rumors ?

No they did, and only on Thai's. It hasn't happened for well over a year and it was only done in a few of the larger entertainment venues.

They also only test for amphetamine type substances.

womble said it all already, but if you happen to be caught in a bust, and make the impression of being "off your face due to drug abuse" they may very well test a farang too!

If they would introduce breathalizer, I think the first coppers would get shot... doing their duty. :o

They have breathalizer during the 'western' new year and during Songkran and believe it or not, they use them on Thais and Farangs.

On Samui? Have never hear this, but would like some others facts on this?

Not that I don't believe you limbos, just to know for sure.

Edited by SamuiJens

I was in such control two years ago, at the Chaweng police station, and they were testing both Thais and Westerners, seemingly pretty much at random, wether they were on bike or by car.

I was in such control two years ago, at the Chaweng police station, and they were testing both Thais and Westerners, seemingly pretty much at random, wether they were on bike or by car.

Any ideas what action, if any was taken against any one that proved positive? I suspect another excuse to collect Tea Money.

As far as i was aware, the unwritten rule is this; if you are caught drink driving/riding, a little tea money will ensure you are off the hook. Rarely is anyone stopped though - even if they are clearly steaming drunk - the police dont seem to care. However, if you have an accident and you are drunk, you are in deep crap. Hurt someone, and you are screwed. In a big way.

I know of a guy in Samui last year.... Drunk, driving a truck, killed a Thai on a scooter, fled the scene. Not sure what happened to him. Last i heard the police where looking for him and his passport was confiscated after they searched his house. I feel sorry for both the Thai guy and the ferang. Two lifes ruined.

...Any ideas what action, if any was taken against any one that proved positive? I suspect another excuse to collect Tea Money.

Hi, I don't know where you're from - but in most western countries the penalty is quite heavy up to suspension.

So keep smiling that these boys in brown only collect some 'tes-money' and don't bother with court action and stuff.

The lwas are there but for (our) great luck only randomly 'enforced'!

Cheers Folks! :o