I was under the impresion that bad language was against the forum rules.

Obviously I am wrong.

Are you taking the piss? It's hardly even a swear word, probobally less offensive than bloody hel_l.................

The F word, the C word fine, but who's gonna get offended with piss?

I've seen hundreds of posts on many forums relating to piss tests and not once have I seen anyone complain about the language and not once have I see it moderated.

Maybe you should take a piss test. :D

Be carefull.......maybe he will tell you to "pee pee of" :D

Says a lot about the quality of posters here.....

and it should read "pee pee off" :o

I believe etymologically is comes from a french word pisser which is originally from an onomatopoeic colloquial latin word pissiare.

I think it is now considered informal language, although in Victorian days and for a long while after it was probobally considered vulgar, they didn't much like anything connected to sex or body motions, which is probobally why some still deem it offensive today.

I do not find it offensive, neigher would my mother, my grandmother or her mother however may have different feelings towards the use of the word.

A very interesting word with several meanings:

Last night when I left the office, it started pissing down.

I was really pissed at that because I'd forgotten my umbrella. I dashed into the nearest bar and proceeded to get well pissed. Bloated, I took a good piss before leaving the premises.

I apologize for my frivolity but I had a smoke earlier.........hope I don't get stopped for a piss test!

Obviously I am wrong.

Are you taking the piss? It's hardly even a swear word, probobally less offensive than bloody hel_l.................

I've seen hundreds of posts on many forums relating to piss tests and not once have I seen anyone complain about the language and not once have I see it moderated.

I believe etymologically is comes from a french word pisser which is originally from an onomatopoeic colloquial latin word pissiare.

I think it is now considered informal language, although in Victorian days and for a long while after it was probobally considered vulgar, they didn't much like anything connected to sex or body motions, which is probobally why some still deem it offensive today.

I do not find it offensive, neigher would my mother, my grandmother or her mother however may have different feelings towards the use of the word.

I was really pissed at that because I'd forgotten my umbrella. I dashed into the nearest bar and proceeded to get well pissed. Bloated, I took a good piss before leaving the premises.

I apologize for my frivolity but I had a smoke earlier.........hope I don't get stopped for a piss test!

Plenty of proof , if it is really needed, that Samui has in fact Gone To The Dogs.

Ooooops, wrong thread. :D:D

Obviously I am wrong.

Plenty of proof , if it is really needed, that Samui has in fact Gone To The Dogs.

Ooooops, wrong thread. :D:D

Lighten up my friend. I'm only taking the piss!

:D :D

See LB isn't pissed off! :o

No, he knows I'm only joking.

Actually I really shouldn't be so flippant, but trying to change the habit is extremely difficult; a bit like pissing into the wind!

If you are stupid enough to do that (or to Pissed) :D

See LB isn't pissed off! :o

Actually I really shouldn't be so flippant, but trying to change the habit is extremely difficult; a bit like pissing into the wind!

If you are stupid enough to do that (or to Pissed) :D

I was tempted to tell Charlie Chaplin to piss off. However I usually agree with his posts, so I refrained.

Now you have dragged me down to your standards.

See LB isn't pissed off! :D

If you are stupid enough to do that (or to Pissed) :bah:

:o

I was tempted to tell Charlie Chaplin to piss off. However I usually agree with his posts, so I refrained.

UPS........lite beer.....you did write piss...........what a naughty boy...... :D

...and to think, I've just spent five minutes of my life reading through three pages of this claptrap in the hope of finding something interesting to read. Grow up, children!!!

No one asked you to get pissed off!

Thanks, SamuiJens, you make my point far better than I could ever do.

...and to think, I've just spent five minutes of my life reading through three pages of this claptrap in the hope of finding something interesting to read. Grow up, children!!!

Always glad to help.

See LB isn't pissed off! :D

If you are stupid enough to do that (or to Pissed) :bah:

:o

UPS........lite beer.....you did write piss...........what a naughty boy...... :D

Under protest, in the name of friendship. Even if it is a load of claptrap.

Try reading it again after 5 large Changs. It all makes perfect sense.

:o:D :D

• Like 1

You spent five minutes reading a thread entitled Piss Check, hoping to find interesting reading? Errrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 1

You spent five minutes reading a thread entitled Piss Check, hoping to find interesting reading? Errrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 1

Is Loiner taking the piss out of you Jens, or just being mildly sarcastic? :o

Edited by somchai jones
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactly!............perhaps he has a piss fetish. :o

• Like 1

• 11 years later...
19 hours ago, jrjrjr said:

Warning to people visiting Koh Tao when coming from a place where cannabis is legal. Friends tested positive on Koh tao even when they didn't do anything wrong in Thailand, and they had to pay an expensive "fine" to go home...

I'd have thunk many people visiting the islands are stoners to some degree, given how normalised it is in the west and also how much hippie and rave culture is associated with the islands, Koh Phangan especially.

The thread you're replying to is pushing twelve years old btw, but it's always a worthwhile reminder for the uninformed... 

• Like 1