Pattaya officials help a Finnish tourist sort out a lost passport and luggage

snoop1130

Pattaya officials help a Finnish tourist sort out a lost passport and luggage

By The Thaiger

54374659_789711348062969_47200848769449984_n.jpg

PHOTOS: Tourist Police Bureau

Pattaya Tourist Police have coordinated with local agencies to help a 53 year old Finnish tourist Jussi Harri Tuokkola. He’d lost his passport, luggage, cash and other valuable items on Tuesday.

The manager of the Grand Palazzo Hotel alerted Pattaya Tourist Police that Mr Tuokkola had sought help from the hotel as his luggage and passport were missing.

The tourist police contacted related agencies to help sort out his dilemma. Mr Tuokkola had neither cash nor any documents. The tourist police then coordinated with the Finnish consulate to help him as well.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-officials-help-a-finnish-tourist-sort-out-a-lost-passport-and-luggage

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-22

As I read it he lost everything in his hotel room and only got his luggage back not his passport or money 

Why not investigative who there steal from him??? 

And this nice police help him to the airport and send him home 

That I call... You don't have money we to lazy to investigate so we kick you home 

How was your holiday 

Nice I lose everything and get kicked out of Thailand 

They so friendly in Thailand 

Good news all around for Pattaya officials in helping Mr Tuokkola get his luggage back and get to the airport.

They basically offered him a free bus ride to the airport. The luggage had been recovered independently, minus the cash. Doesn't strike me as a particularly helpful assistance. Cue a taxi-returns-lost-money story.

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Good news all around for Pattaya officials in helping Mr Tuokkola get his luggage back and get to the airport.

They basically offered him a free bus ride to the airport. The luggage had been recovered independently, minus the cash. Doesn't strike me as a particularly helpful assistance. Cue a taxi-returns-lost-money story.

Reading the link I got an impression of them wanting to pack him off back to Finland ASAP before he brought any negative publicity down on the hotel. 

I can relate (although slightly off topic).

I was leaving Thailand at Don Mueang on Tuesday eveing to head back to Yangon for work.

It was very, very smooth at the airport (Lion Air) but when I got to the immigration counter, the Immigration Offcier pointed out that my departure card was missing! Horror!

However, we was wonderful and simply attached a blank one and told me to fill it before I went to get my re-entry permit.

In the re-entry permit office, the staff were very freindly and the on-duyt seniot officer sat with me and chatted while they prcessed my permit.

All in all a very good experience and not what I would expect from DMK.

I am the first to point out the issues normally but here, credit where credit is due.

15 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Not a particularly old fellow but I feel for someone arriving in a foreign country losing both luggage as well as a passport.

Good of tourist police to render proper assistance.

Police in most countries would help a tourist in this situation... here it makes headline news as some kind of marketing strategy. 

1 hour ago, saminoz said:

I was leaving Thailand at Don Mueang

1 hour ago, saminoz said:

a very good experience and not what I would expect from DMK

Could it be that they were happy to facilitate a farang leaving?

Archived