Best hotel near nana or soi cowboy

Mattybyrne88

Continent and Sheraton Four Points are decent hotels near Asoke/Cowboy.  Sheraton Grand or Centre Point both connect to the walkway at Asoke, but higher cost.

Soi 11 better for bars though - Landmark is nearby Soi 11 and Nana.  Novotel at Ploenchit is good - short walk to Nana and Soi 11.

There's a good place on soi 11/1 called iCheck-inn studio nana. Small rooms, but very comfortable, big, comfy bed, and they're very relaxed, around 1100 baht a night (31 euro). Close to loads of good restaurants and bars. Very easy-going place. Been there twice and would use again for sure.

Many of the above mentioned hotels will be over your budget - Landmark starts around 120 euros. Sheraton four points is nice but about 90 euros. Grande Centre point Terminal 21 was amazing, but still is around 100 euro+ a night.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Dynasty Grande is not far off £50 most of the time.

Good rooms and a quiet spot close to the action.

That's a good call, Dynasty has bigger rooms. I haven't stayed there for many years but there are online deals for 60 euros, or thereabouts, a good choice. Right in the middle of the action. Personally I'd rather stay at the icheck-inn and have 29 euros to spend on fun, but I am the kind of traveller who goes out all day so the room isn't so important.

I guess from your username that you are about 30 years old. Plenty of great places to stay in Khao San/Soi Rambuttri for under 1000 baht (27 euro), you can even get rooms for 11 euro or even less. It just depends on what kind of entertainment you are looking for.

If you're looking for a female overnight guest, then go to Sukhumvit. If you want to get drunk, play pool and relax, go to Rambuttri. Taxis from rattanakosin to sukhumvit and back will cost you, though, about 150 baht each way. And at the wrong time of day, it can take a frustratingly long time to travel.

I have stayed in some places in soi 4 which are right where you seem to want to be, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. In particular the Ibis on soi 4 seems to be a favourite amongst Pakistani and Middle-Eastern sex tourists, I would avoid that place at all costs.

Dynasty grande is Soi 6.

Modern rooms, decent price.  Ask for a room at the back.  Gym is nice also.

Usually no breakfast there with room, but restaurant downstairs.

Whenever I have friends in town I put them there. No complaints.

For Nana, I'd stay at the Majestic Suites (Corner of Sukhumvit Road & Soi 4), Dynasty Inn or (IIRC) there's an Ibis/novotel/holiday inn down Soi 4.

For Cowboy, I'd stay at Mermaid, it's a little bit of a hike in 29 for a nice hotel & handy for Soi 22 (Queens Park).

Last month i stayed at "Parinda Hotel", a bit inside Sukhumvit soi 4 (maybe a 10 minutes walk to Sukhumvit, but they offer a free shuttle service when going there, motorbike taxi from Sukhumvit to hotel 20 THB)

I paid 1700THB through Agoda and was positively surprised. Quite new Hotel, spacious rooms, nice big bed with high quality bed linen, seperate shower + bathtub. Would stay again.

Ruamchitt plaza hotel, above the Thermae....an old favorite..never heard a legitimate complaint about the place....more like 35-40 euro.  A great location to get in and out of...and an easy stroll to nep or cowboy....cabs going to or from that area tend to be problematic.  Great rooftop pool.  Guest friendly.

www.ruamchitt.com

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:12 AM, lamyai3 said:

Tempting, when they point out that "7 out of 10 important people you plan to see live somewhere near".

Wonder though how they came up with this rather precise statistic? 

Ha.  They're wrong.  I don't even know 10 important people.

5 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Miami Hotel, hands-down the classiest place on the strip...

Smell those fresh sheets and room with a view...looovely.

Drink deep from that swimming pool..nectar of the gods.

"Welcome to Miami"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

LOL.  My first trip ever to Thailand in 98, I was staying on Sutisan Rd., and a cab driver convinced me to check out Sukhumvit...my first date told me about Miami, and I loved it, so close to Thermae...had a cold one in my hand at sunrise many mornings around there and it wasn't my first of the day.  And Took Lae Dee was so much better then.  Who remembers the breafast special?  Was it 530 am start?

22 hours ago, moontang said:

LOL.  My first trip ever to Thailand in 98, I was staying on Sutisan Rd., and a cab driver convinced me to check out Sukhumvit...my first date told me about Miami, and I loved it, so close to Thermae...had a cold one in my hand at sunrise many mornings around there and it wasn't my first of the day.  And Took Lae Dee was so much better then.  Who remembers the breafast special?  Was it 530 am start?

Stop trying to romanticize the fact that you're addicted to alcohol... It won't work. Frankly I don't understand how people need to drink alcohol to relax or enjoy themselves. That's very sad. Been teetotal myself for 20 years and I'm only in my mid-40s now.

Starting prices on Agoda for a single traveler staying April 9-10:

Landmark Hotel -- $110

Adelphi Suites -- $107

Grande Centre Point T21 -- $107

Novotel Ploenchit -- $88

Novotel Suk Soi 4 -- $79

Majestic Grande -- $76

Dynasty Grande -- $53

Parinda Hotel -- $49

Phachara Suites -- $47

Hotel Icon -- $47

Dynasty Inn - $46

Majestic Suites -- $36

Nana Hotel -- $33

Studio Nana by ICheck Inn -- $32

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

Stop trying to romanticize the fact that you're addicted to alcohol... It won't work. Frankly I don't understand how people need to drink alcohol to relax or enjoy themselves. That's very sad. Been teetotal myself for 20 years and I'm only in my mid-40s now.

I was coming from 14 time zones away..actually tasted pretty good at the time.  Don't be an AA loser, and quit smoking so many cigs.  

44 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Starting prices on Agoda for a single traveler staying April 9-10:

Landmark Hotel -- $110

Adelphi Suites -- $107

Grande Centre Point T21 -- $107

Novotel Ploenchit -- $88

Novotel Suk Soi 4 -- $79

Majestic Grande -- $76

Dynasty Grande -- $53

Parinda Hotel -- $49

Phachara Suites -- $47

Hotel Icon -- $47

Dynasty Inn - $46

Majestic Suites -- $36

Nana Hotel -- $33

Studio Nana by ICheck Inn -- $32

FWIW, in looking thru Agoda, most of the hotels on the list from Majestic Grande on down are rated as "Excellent," which tends to mean very little here.

But Agoda also has a rating where they ask guests whether they would recommend the place they stayed.  From the Majestic Grande on down (the medium to lower priced hotels on the list), the two with the highest "recommend" ratings are Majestic Suites and Dynasty Grande (both at 94%), followed by the Parinda Hotel at 93%.

2 hours ago, Chrisdoc said:

Used to stay at Woraburi in Soi 4. Pool on the roof. Close enough to all the action but still a little out of the way. Free tuk tuk up to the corner on the hour.

Sent from my Nokia 2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Chrisdoc said:

Used to stay at Woraburi in Soi 4. Pool on the roof. Close enough to all the action but still a little out of the way. Free tuk tuk up to the corner on the hour.

Sent from my Nokia 2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Cheers I booked that hotel with free cancellation so it's my second choice until I find something closer. Booked the standard room for €125 for 4 nights 

On 3/29/2019 at 9:17 AM, Thainess said:

Maybe you would have understood 20 years ago: you are teetotal now for a reason is my guess!

Archived