Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

What's sad is posting legal nonsense to suggest that it was still possible we'd leave on 29th March. And boasting about your interpretive skills to boot ... and now you look a bit silly. 

I've just been informed that Robin Tilbrook is serving the legal papers required to bring a case against the Government for illegally extending Article 50 with the EU, whilst by-passing Parl Process and ignoring a High Court ruling (Miller).

If, I say IF, the judge tomorrow morning rules that Theresa May illegally signed the extension agreement we have left the European Union. 

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

No, it's not my definition. It's the definition that the West has inherited from thousands of years ago. You vote for something, it gets implemented.

That definition doesn’t exist. You just make it up. 

7 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

If that doesn't happen, then democracy, the 'rule of the people' has no meaning whatever.

If the people rule to not implement a decision they made previously, that’s certainly democratic. Likewise, forbidding the people to rule is not. 

57 minutes ago, RickBradford said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

So if you and a group of friends decided on a drunken whim one night to jump of a high cliff in the morning you would still go ahead when you'd sobered up and wait until you'd all smashed into the ground below before reconsidering?

I'm sure there's a thread about drunken accidents somewhere on this forum, if you want to talk about that.

It's a metaphor! One designed to show that the time to change a decision is before it becomes irrevocable. That it's too late to change one's mind after the event.

I thought you were capable of understanding that; obviously I thought wrongly.

59 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

I'm talking about the democratic process; you take a decision, you implement it. Otherwise, democracy itself is meaningless.

In a democracy people are allowed to change their minds, otherwise it's not a democracy it's a dictatorship. A dictatorship of the people, but a dictatorship nonetheless.

The best time to change one's mind is before the original decision becomes irrevocable. 

Brilliant..brilliant..just hope thr judge is not knobled by the scummy remaining powers that be

I've just been informed that Robin Tilbrook is serving the legal papers required to bring a case against the Government for illegally extending Article 50 with the EU, whilst by-passing Parl Process and ignoring a High Court ruling (Miller).

If, I say IF, the judge tomorrow morning rules that Theresa May illegally signed the extension agreement we have left the European Union. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 minutes ago, Greenisland said:
54 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Have you been informed so, today. The very thing which was talked in the parliament on Friday. You got the message, today?

I'd say you are a bit slow, but what do I know.

Indeed, and Tilbrook announced on his website that he would be starting the process on 12th March!

Sorry, Forethat, but it seems you and your informant are woefully behind the times. Are you sure that you are as important and well connected as you like to claim here?

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

I commented that we (LML etc) should reverse-ferret the Miller route & play 'em at their own game but have yet to see anything concrete confirming they are doing to.

I'll be chuffed if they do! ????  

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Great; so May's deal is the deal for you.

In which case how can you still refer to it as a surrender document and also say it gives you everything you want?

Already answered.

And that’s the problem,why should we have to wait another two years, especially as it requires BOTH sides to agree. 

9CB10911-1EDF-4A0B-820B-A09DD19656D7.jpeg

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Brilliant..brilliant..just hope thr judge is not knobled by the scummy remaining powers that be

You certainly have more faith in the Impartiality of the British legal system.

Have you forgotten how Gina Miller, an investment banker, used the establishments Supreme Court in 2016.

Gina Nadira Miller[9] (née Singh; born 19 April 1965)[10] is a Guyanese-British business owner and activist who initiated the 2016 R (Miller) v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union court case against the British government over its authority to implement Brexit without approval from Parliament.[11]

Enemies of the people: Fury over 'out of touch' judges who have 'declared war on democracy' by defying 17.4m Brexit voters and who could trigger constitutional crisis.

404D4CCE-AB54-4E82-8535-006BF522EC34.jpeg

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And why would anyone have to live by your definition of democracy? You have yours, I have mine, he has his. 

And I have mine:- 

Democracy (Greekδημοκρατία dēmokratía, literally "Rule by 'People'") is a system of government where the citizens exercise power by voting.

You will see that it emphasizes “ Rule by the People” 

202D3961-94C4-4D8B-A7AA-729207166A82.jpeg

3 hours ago, RickBradford said:

You seem unable to grasp the first thing about democracy.

Then-PM Cameron said : "This is a decision that lasts for life. We make this decision and it is probably going to be the only time in our generation when we make this decision."

I'm probably wasting my time trying to explain this to you, but what Cameron meant was this: In a democracy, you take a decision, a snapshot of public opinion, as it were. You then implement that decision. That is the key point.

When - and only when - that decision has been fully implemented, do you have the right to reconsider. 

The British people voted to leave the EU; that decision needs to be fully implemented, not to be rerun because a whole bunch of people who couldn't be bothered to vote in 2016 are now complaining because they lost.

Cameron said it, but Parliament seems incapable of delivering it. So it has to go back to the people.

It’s not the harm to democracy that you are afraid of, it’s the result that democratic vote will produce. And if there is no support for Brexit in 2019, we’d be idiots to go through with it. What you are terrified of is what the vote will tell you about the so-called will of the people.

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

And I have mine:- 

Democracy (Greekδημοκρατία dēmokratía, literally "Rule by 'People'") is a system of government where the citizens exercise power by voting.

You will see that it emphasizes “ Rule by the People” 

202D3961-94C4-4D8B-A7AA-729207166A82.jpeg

It doesn’t say you vote and then you never vote again ... I like the David Davis quote about democracy ... that you don’t have one if you are unable to change your mind. 

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

True; but the turnout was much larger. 84.6% as opposed to 72.2%.

Not in terms of people.

The turnout for the Scottish Referendum was approx 3.7m voters versus 46.5m for the UK referendum. Over 11x more people voted.

18 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Yes,irrelevant. Says someone, who if not for their sacrifice, would be replying in German.

30EAEC26-D6F9-4205-8B7F-26B7AC79972E.jpeg

The War? That is a typical Brexiteer ... always talking about an event that ended 75 years ago. And the people that bang on about it were never there ... the sacrifices they speak of were not theirs. Just as the economic sacrifices of Brexit will not be theirs, the burden of Brexit will be carried by the youth. 

And don’t claim that all war veterans are Brexit supporters because many of them are not. Brexit is about English nationalism ... blaming others, just like Hitler did.

3 hours ago, Forethat said:

Do the government not have lawyers? Come back to us all tomorrow and explain why it failed ... again?

Flying another desperate kite. You’re a glutton for punishment.

:cheesy:

What’s the next step ... the Queen stepping in?

A notable characteristic throughout the, Brexiteers' campaigning has been the almost total lack of wit, humour and satire.....

Just view the placards on the people's vote rally and you'll see this is in stark contrast to the Remain camp.

Ever now and then though a remainer comes up with a total beauty. I guess Brexiteers simply don't have the talent or intellect?

55790062_10155767227591148_378497154055929856_o.jpg

6 hours ago, nontabury said:

You certainly have more faith in the Impartiality of the British legal system.

Have you forgotten how Gina Miller, an investment banker, used the establishments Supreme Court in 2016.

Gina Nadira Miller[9] (née Singh; born 19 April 1965)[10] is a Guyanese-British business owner and activist who initiated the 2016 R (Miller) v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union court case against the British government over its authority to implement Brexit without approval from Parliament.[11]

Enemies of the people: Fury over 'out of touch' judges who have 'declared war on democracy' by defying 17.4m Brexit voters and who could trigger constitutional crisis.

404D4CCE-AB54-4E82-8535-006BF522EC34.jpeg

An excellent example of judicial impartiality- holding the Government accountable beneath the law.

Without these ‘Enemies of the people’ Theresa May would be handing down Brexit by executive order.

She was stopped from doing so and forced to present Brexit to Parliament.

A win for democracy and the accountability of Government.

BRITISH..NOT ENGLISH!!!

The War? That is a typical Brexiteer ... always talking about an event that ended 75 years ago. And the people that bang on about it were never there ... the sacrifices they speak of were not theirs. Just as the economic sacrifices of Brexit will not be theirs, the burden of Brexit will be carried by the youth. 

And don’t claim that all war veterans are Brexit supporters because many of them are not. Brexit is about English nationalism ... blaming others, just like Hitler did.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A 52 minute video of the guy who taught Cameron.

You are kidding right?!

Glad you took the time to listen. Or I guess you didn't. It wasn't compulsory you know, as one time this forum was about sharing information and views.

15 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

How convenient.

When reality collides with your theories, it's always reality that has to give way, isn't it?

A very good explanation of Brexit ... reality clashing with theory.

Archived