London Embassy E Visa Applications Start Date Changed From April 1st to May 2019.

Since tomorrow it the 1st I am giving this a bump.

I wonder if the e-visa has been postponed everywhere. Before the website for it had a banner at the top of page stating the embassy in Beijing was the only one accepting them but it is gone now and there is nothing stating on their website it is mandatory now.

I can't find your original post of 22nd March, Joe. Does this new procedure apply to ALL visas, including Non-Immigrant. The page on the Thai London Embassy site listing those hasn't been changed nor has the link to the original application form: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Thanks in anticipation....

2 minutes ago, Chris Ubon said:

I can't find your original post of 22nd March, Joe. Does this new procedure apply to ALL visas, including Non-Immigrant.

I was referring to the post on the embassy website.

No changes to the visa requirements. Only a change of how you submit your application when it does go into effect (if ever).

See: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

Thanks, Joe. I had already watched the video and read the guidelines but couldn't be sure it applied to ALL visas. The guidelines seem to indicate that it will still be possible to submit the documents by post rather than attending the embassy in person - assuming, as you say, that it goes ahead.

I'll do some research out of curiosity. But for retirement or marriage it is still the same VISA we need apart from the changed financial requirements.

16 hours ago, ExpatNP said:

Have these financial requirements always applied, or are they new?

Certain rules have been tightened up in the past year, though not to the same extent as they have for extensions in Thailand. One difference is that the £20000 in a UK account now requires bank statements demonstrating three months of seasoning, where previously this was not required and a single statement was acceptable.

It's unclear what changes the new e-visa system might bring, or the upcoming announcements of immigration (supposedly later this month). 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 2:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

Since tomorrow it the 1st I am giving this a bump.

I wonder if the e-visa has been postponed everywhere. Before the website for it had a banner at the top of page stating the embassy in Beijing was the only one accepting them but it is gone now and there is nothing stating on their website it is mandatory now.

Does this mean they wont do Postal Applications anymore and you would need to travel too London to collect your Visa if it was granted online ?

6 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Does this mean they wont do Postal Applications anymore and you would need to travel too London to collect your Visa if it was granted online ?

That has not been clarified yet. They might let you send your passport and the supporting document by post after getting the online approval.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, VBF said:

Apparently, it's now scheduled to start in June - just been sent this by a friend (link)  **e-visa application will start from 15 June 2019**

We obviously still don't know whether Postal Applications will ever become possible.

I think we spotted a possible postal option on about page 21 of the user manual. But we would really like to know as we normally plan flights as far in advance as possible. 

12 minutes ago, johnwf1963 said:

I think we spotted a possible postal option on about page 21 of the user manual. But we would really like to know as we normally plan flights as far in advance as possible. 

User manual?  Care to elucidate?? Or even better...be so good as to post a link 

Or am I missing the sarcasm?.....he added as an afterthought ????

Edited by VBF

21 minutes ago, VBF said:

User manual?  Care to elucidate?? Or even better...be so good as to post a link 

Or am I missing the sarcasm?.....he added as an afterthought ????

The link for info has been posted on here in this topic.

24 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The link for info has been posted on here in this topic.

Are you referring to https://thaievisa.go.th/Files/UserManual_EN.pdf  ?

I'm led to believe that this is NOT part of the official embassy site - so is it valid?

But if i'm correct do you mean this on Page 21?

image.png.42e1db8bf32a17ff1d2a0916303c3d1f.png

If so I THINK the word "Post" refers to posting the application online, rather than through the Postal Service, but how you can do that with an Original Passport beats me!

And in fact AFTER that on Page 22 it says:

"The system will show the available date and time for you to make an appointment."

So still not a postal application.

Edited by VBF

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Just email the Embassy in London, I have done recently about another matter and they replied more within a day.

Unless the issue is defined here that's what I shall do - as i don't need another visa until later in the year, I think i shall await further updates here.

24 minutes ago, VBF said:

Are you referring to https://thaievisa.go.th/Files/UserManual_EN.pdf  ?

I'm led to believe that this is NOT part of the official embassy site - so is it valid?

But if i'm correct do you mean this on Page 21?

image.png.42e1db8bf32a17ff1d2a0916303c3d1f.png

If so I THINK the word "Post" refers to posting the application online, rather than through the Postal Service, but how you can do that with an Original Passport beats me.

And in fact AFTER that on Page 22 it says:

"The system will show the available date and time for you to make an appointment."

So still not a postal application.

Just above that, O Submit application in person O Sub.........

The second option, could it be a postal option, optimistically.

25 minutes ago, johnwf1963 said:

Just above that, O Submit application in person O Sub.........

The second option, could it be a postal option, optimistically.

Optimistically yes. Practically, I fear not - that manual is very badly written and IMO, ambiguous in several places, even ignoring the fact that some of it doesn't actually appear on the screen!

I have a feeling that the O Sub......... to which you refer is more likely to be Submit application by email. Again IMO that would only apply to the submission, one would still need to book an appointment.

Really, we're conjecturing here - it will take someone to try it out or email the embassy (see # 26 and 27 above) or someone like UbonJoe who may have  inside contacts - I don't know.

While I appreciate you have to go to Bangkok for a UK VISA the difference in transportation costs in Thailand is considerably less than the costs in the UK.I can get a cheap train ticket from my town in the UK if I book 3 months in advance but to book within a couple of weeks it costs in excess off £150 and I might even have to have an over night stop in London.

Surely they will realise that or maybe allow places like Hull to issue the Visa after you submitted your application online like they do with the 90 Day Visa ?

• Like 1