Air Asia apologises over Thailand sex tourism ad campaign

webfact

A few years ago there were ads in certain a South American country, on the sides of buses and the like, that if you take your vacation in Brazil (and fly said airline to get there) you are guaranteed to "get lucky."  When the press took notice of it I couldn't tell if the attitude was positive or a negative.  After all, Brazilians are renowned for being friendly people.  Personally, I suspect the ads had a certain appeal to middle-aged ladies.  :wink:

I have heard that the next tourist authority of Australia campaign will be as follows:

1: Don't get lost in the bush

2: Lay another one at the the barbi

3: Join the boomerang culture of Aus: you will just keep coming

4: Let us help you play with your didgeridoo

5: If shane warne can get some so can you

Any references to a former cartoonist of Australian nationality were vetoed due to poor taste

Edited by thaimelody
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, thaimelody said:

I have heard that the next tourist authority of Australia campaign will be as follows:

1: Don't get lost in the bush

2: Lay another one at the the barbi

3: Join the boomerang culture of Aus: you will just keep coming

4: Let us help you play with your didgeridoo

5: If shane warne can get some so can you

Any references to a former cartoonist of Australian nationality were vetoed due to poor taste

6. Tie me kangaroo down sport.

• Haha 1

There is a big difference between how Australians and the Europeans perceive Thailand.

In Europe ,Thailand is seen as an exotic beach destination on the other side of the world.

For decades Australians have seen Thailand for what it is...prostitution and heroin from the Golden Triangle.

For Australians ,Phuket is just a cheap package deal tourist destination with 30 dollar sex thrown in to the bargain.

Edited by Lucius verus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

All complaints were made by women, wonder why?

spokeswoman Melinda Liszewski

ALP councillor Kara Cook

A Brisbane City Council spokeswoman

Perhaps because Australia has gone full blown super dooper PC and is being run by women that have no sense of humour?

The shame of it is that Air Asia were so quick to back down- must be gutless people running it.

They should have used Princess Ann's retort.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The same ad is still on a billboard at Brisbane Airport, however the airport tweeted on Monday afternoon that it was being removed as a priority.

Here is something else that Air Asia might want to think about...

phone.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Australia, the UK, NZ, the US and Canada are the five weakest nations on earth, when it comes to "me too" and feminism. So, of course this politician was offended. Others found it amusing and few were offended. 

When I discovered Thailand it was heaven that it wasn't PC. one of the main reasons it hooked me.

• Like 2