Immigration proposes much harsher penalties for failing to report foreigners staying in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rumak said:

no drivers license ?    If you have a yellow book, the cert of res. from immig is not needed  (as of now)

My 5-year Thai d/l was due to expire last year while I was holidaying in Hua Hin. I got a residency cert (1000Bt) using the address of the guesthouse I was at. The following day (a Friday) I renewed my d/l and 3 days later, on Monday morning, I checked out and off I went.

Just now, TSF said:

My 5-year Thai d/l was due to expire last year while I was holidaying in Hua Hin. I got a residency cert (1000Bt) using the address of the guesthouse I was at. The following day (a Friday) I renewed my d/l and 3 days later, on Monday morning, I checked out and off I went.

good idea, few nights in a hotel, then get d/l.

8 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

Laos, Vietnam, China.....and what do you suppose those countries all have in common?

I lived in China 10 years at my residence. If you go out of the country when you return you have 24 hours to go to Poluce station

and report were you will stay. 

Hotels ask for passport scan it in system that supposedly sends

to police to report. 

The Golf Society had a party at hotel that sponsors prizes two times a month. Had to much to drink tried checking in only had 

Chinese drivers license passport was a home. Sorry can’t check 

yiu in. Knew the hotel manager very well asked the ring him up

he said sorry can’t do it. 

So asked if  I go out to the curb and get a hooker she can book 

the room for me. Yes...Sure 

They know where you are every step... why do you think they use 

a lot of facial recognition on some of the busy areas

3 hours ago, talahtnut said:

My only concern is 'What next?'

I have been reading several other Facebook forums and there is talk about new police orders being implemented shortly. How true these rumors are I cannot say, yet they come from several sources that have been right in the past.

There must be many people who never go to Immigration, they use an Agent to do everything for them so they will never be caught up in the TM28/30 reporting.

Me as an individual have ne need to either, I do my Visa in the UK, never spend more than 90 Days at one time.

My Thai G.F. arrived last week on a 6 month visa, nice friendly I.O in Newcastle, no more involvement with Immigration even when she leaves the UK. I think the Immigration System is just a cash cow for Thailand nothing else.

1 minute ago, DJ54 said:

Hotels ask for passport scan it in system that supposedly sends

to police to report. 

Some hotels,

Stayed in two different places in Hunan Province 2 years back, nobody asked to see my passport.

Only time I had to show it was buying a train ticket.

Since election frenzy is over, it's back to the immigration sagas ....... 

Crossed Saturday from Nong Khai to Thanaleng. 50% Thais, 30% Laotians, 29% Vietnamese ...... and the four (aliens) of us. 

Came back on Sunday from Thanaleng to Nong Khai. 70% Thais, 29% Laotians and the four (aliens) of us. 

In the past you would see maybe 5% Caucasians, now for weeks I have not seen a single farang anymore. Same applies on the domestic flights between Udon and Bangkok which I use very often; in most cases there is maybe one or two other Caucasian on the plane.

The writing is on the wall - don't treat all of us like criminals while you let the local criminal untouched. Get the wrong doers but don't scare all those doing right away. Immigration officers get a slap on the back of their hand and an inactive posting for wrong doing; the alien gets thrown into the slammer for feeding fish with food purchased from the boat's boy.

The powers to be might want to learn French, German and Italian, lots of warnings about NOT going to Thailand anymore ...... how sad! 

What I do not understand is that in most countries a visa / or extension is permission to stay in that country period - you do not need to go running around telling people where you are. It is just a massive invasion of privacy. 

For such a peaceful country Thailand has huge paranoia about the threat from foreigners. 
Quite right, my Thai wife has a 10 year Spanish ID Card and come and go with NO real entry fee or reporting.
Snip/ said that Lt-Gen Surachate wanted to bring Thailand in line with other countries' regulations. Snip

Sent from my SM-J610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

n the past you would see maybe 5% Caucasians, now for weeks I have not seen a single farang anymore. Same applies on the domestic flights between Udon and Bangkok which I use very often; in most cases there is maybe one or two other Caucasian on the plane.

I was the only farang in the departure lounge for two hours last Wednesday going to KL. When the boarding call came, another four showed up and their was only around five of us on the plane. These rest where Chinese and the airport was heaving in the thousands of them. We are not needed anymore. I just watched flight after flight get boardered for Mainland China.

This monitoring will get heavier and more things will change. 

Actually there are a lot of Thai owned living houses and Airbnb places not reporting foreigners living or staying at their rental places. I am 100 percent in favor of this law as all you have to do is be reported when you move into a new residence or stay in a hotel. No big deal or change in the law except to increase the punishment fines and jail for those that knowingly fail to report immigrants. Nothing to bitch or worry about. 

1 minute ago, Splash210 said:

I think it's time for us foreigners to take our money and skills elsewhere. They want to make it more difficult for us to live here? So be it! We will see how well they do without us.

Well, that is exactly what I did - the only thing I regret is not having done it earlier on! 

If it's been said before, apologies, I haven't read all the pages..............

Seems to me that there are two aspects to this.

First is the control of migrant workers. Yes, correct thing to do. Far too many abuses as of now.

But the collateral damage is tourism and expats.

What happens when an expat goes to stay with family or friends? Are they now meant to report in to immigration? Or is the existing report of home address sufficient?

And then there's back-packers. The foundation of Thailand's tourism decades ago and probably how many of us started our association with the country. They tend to want to stay in out of the way places.........

My suggestion. This needs an "Indefinite Leave to Remain" (substitute five years or whatever, to taste) category tacked onto the top the Visa system that takes that foreign passport holder out of the reporting system altogether. Then a waiver added for the rest to cover stays in one place of less than one week.

9 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Since election frenzy is over, it's back to the immigration sagas ....... 

Crossed Saturday from Nong Khai to Thanaleng. 50% Thais, 30% Laotians, 29% Vietnamese ...... and the four (aliens) of us. 

Came back on Sunday from Thanaleng to Nong Khai. 70% Thais, 29% Laotians and the four (aliens) of us. 

In the past you would see maybe 5% Caucasians, now for weeks I have not seen a single farang anymore. Same applies on the domestic flights between Udon and Bangkok which I use very often; in most cases there is maybe one or two other Caucasian on the plane.

The writing is on the wall - don't treat all of us like criminals while you let the local criminal untouched. Get the wrong doers but don't scare all those doing right away. Immigration officers get a slap on the back of their hand and an inactive posting for wrong doing; the alien gets thrown into the slammer for feeding fish with food purchased from the boat's boy.

The powers to be might want to learn French, German and Italian, lots of warnings about NOT going to Thailand anymore ...... how sad! 

Up where I lived the "farangs" did not come anymore.

Chong Mek and Khon Jiam were deserted ghost towns and yet Khon Jiam was a very pretty little riverside town (confluence of Mun and Mekong rivers).

My B-I-L worked in the tourist office and they could not give a flying flea that Western tourism was dead.

Strange stuff.

DSCN1747.JPG

DSCN1709.JPG

29 minutes ago, moe666 said:

They have been saying that for years and people keep on coming

I think the last couple of years were really detrimental to 'farangs' in the country.

From what i see and hear there are much less westerners staying here.

The damage is already done but will be felt later even more as fewer and fewer people will be speaking positively about their Thailand experience..

I mean Why would newcomers want to invest their time and money here if they will already know the immigration time bomb is starting to tick from the moment they step in..

8 hours ago, jonclark said:

What I do not understand is that in most countries a visa / or extension is permission to stay in that country period - you do not need to go running around telling people where you are. It is just a massive invasion of privacy. 

For such a peaceful country Thailand has huge paranoia about the threat from foreigners. 

Exactly

5 minutes ago, LongTang said:

I think the last couple of years were really detrimental to 'farangs' in the country.

From what i see and hear there are much less westerners staying here.

The damage is already done but will be felt later even more as fewer and fewer people will be speaking positively about their Thailand experience..

I mean Why would newcomers want to invest their time and money here if they will already know the immigration time bomb is starting to tick from the moment they step in..

It's not only the immigration nuisance. It is also the exceptionally low quality high arrogance workforce. Unless an entrepreneur is building a enterprise of grilled pork stands, there really is no business case for hiring a bunch of Thais. 

8 minutes ago, Drax said:

We’re all so <deleted> guys. In b4 mass deportations. Almost no1 reports tm28 when going holidays for 1-2 days. U can go to a girl place sleep there and be deported next morning ????

Mmmmmm..........dont like the sound of that. Reminds me of Turkmenistan.

Remember that the TM30 can now be done online … so not much to complain about really .… unless you haven't heard of the internet or are bone lazy.

@Shamblesguru (Chris) translate for TM 30 online report
1 to register your User Account go to website www.immigration.co.th in the window >information>online service>notification of residence for Foreigners>to register the new user account
2 after register compleatly you will get user name and password send from the immigration to your email that you registerd
3 You can read the manual step by step how to register TM 30 report online at website www : http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/hotel_report.html and click download manual how to do TM 30 report online

44 minutes ago, TSF said:

Presumably you have to be in the same province as when you obtained your D/L?

Just now, csmith said:

Remember that the TM30 can now be done online … so not much to complain about really .… unless you haven't heard of the internet or are bone lazy.

@Shamblesguru (Chris) translate for TM 30 online report
1 to register your User Account go to website www.immigration.co.th in the window >information>online service>notification of residence for Foreigners>to register the new user account
2 after register compleatly you will get user name and password send from the immigration to your email that you registerd
3 You can read the manual step by step how to register TM 30 report online at website www : http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/hotel_report.html and click download manual how to do TM 30 report online

Al regions /offices in Thailand?

Archived