Immigration proposes much harsher penalties for failing to report foreigners staying in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Deep down and Thais would never admit it the majority of them very envious of Farangs and go out their way too remove cash from us.

We all know that if a Thai Male could provide the similar sort of security/lifestyle a Farang does they won’t come near a Farang.

Bottom line is that you need to start believe in your self and first then you will be able to believe in others ... ...

Probably time the expats started advising anyone thinking of visiting Thailand - don't, with a brief reason why not. 

Once numbers start falling off, someone might just wake up, and then of course maybe they won't. 

10 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Here is what will happen.

Foreigner : I would like to extend my tourist / non-imm visa.

Immigration : You go TM30 desk first.

Foreigner : (at TM 30 desk) I would like to extend my tourist / non-imm visa.

TM30 desk : Where is owner condo? (angrily).

Foreigner : He lives in Bangkok / abroad / 400 kms away / He is at work.

TM30 desk : He must come. Give me phone number. (phones landlord in Bangkok)

TM30 desk : (To foreigner) You pay 10,000 Baht.

Foreigner : Nothing to do with me.

TM30 desk : No pay, no extension. Up to you.

YEP!! Welcome to the LOS.  Pay the fees and sin sot.  No money, no stay, no honey!..get out NOW!

10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I have no problem with this as long as they only fine the owners/operators of the properties, and not the hapless tourist who probably doesnt even know that someone was supposed to register him.

If I am renting and friends come to stay with me for a few days it it my responsibility to do the TM30 or is it my landlord's?

11 minutes ago, bkksiam said:

If I am a renting an apartment (i.e. I don't own it) and friends come to stay with me for a few days or weeks, is it my responsibility to do the Tm30 for them or does my landlord have to do it?

It will be your responsibility to notify about your guests as it is the landlords responsibility to notify about you ( I take it for granted that your friends are also foreigners) ... :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i am going to be the last one to leave.

whoever has a huge house and the hottest Thai girlfriend let me know when you leave so I can take over your stuff.

thanks.  

Had hottest Thai girlfriend but you are to late she has already taken the big house and all my stuff ????

9 hours ago, lust said:

This country sucks more and more every day. If I didn’t have a family here I would go to chaeng Wattana and finger all the staff, and then head to suvarnabhumi.

This country does suck...can't stand it anymore..

deaa7447d5cd1fbb78f6cc1ab4833cf6.jpg

6 minutes ago, mike787 said:

This country does suck...can't stand it anymore..

deaa7447d5cd1fbb78f6cc1ab4833cf6.jpg

Its not the country as a whole that sucks - its all the changing rules and the uncertainties that comes with it which really sucks ... :thumbsup:

Just now, mike787 said:

This country sucks more and more every day. If I didn’t have a family here I would go to chaeng Wattana and finger all the staff, and then head to suvarnabhumi.

Many farangs have already done that.    Hence the newer bust your balls regulations coming soon.

16 minutes ago, ttrd said:

It will be your responsibility to notify about your guests as it is the landlords responsibility to notify about you ( I take it for granted that your friends are also foreigners) ... :thumbsup:

Thanks -so you are saying that I would have to do a tm30 for my foreign friends? Is it not the landlord's responsibility? 

Just have to swallow the fact that this once great place doesn't want us here now and is slowly getting rid. My advice to anyone is "don't invest a dime here man" as the country is still cool but in the grip of the Chinese-Thai fascist nationalists and will be for the foreseeable future. 

I remember in my early days of traveling to Vietnam, a permit was needed to travel between different provinces/cities. Vietnam saw the idiocy of this decades ago and did away with it. It seems in this country we’re going the opposite way.

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

I can’t read 19 pages of stuff but has anyone mentioned that when you want to “ top up” your Rabbit card ( since Feb 15) for the Bangkok BTS they require your passport now and will make a copy and they want an e mail and/ or phone number ( which I just give an incorrect one ) they asked me this a couple days ago. I told her I don’t carry a passport and I’m sure you have encountered this many times. I told her it’s not the law anymore to carry one and this is inconvenient and just asked for 40 baht change and smiled ( she smiled back lol) 

I read the English pamphlet they give out with like a dozen reasons why they are doing this. Mainly it’s if you want a refund for a lost card. ( please like people ask for refunds of 76 baht) and I would LOVE to read a report on ANY foreigner really getting a refund easily. There is NO choice if you don’t care about a refund ( surprise surprise) 

I left and got on train and this invasion of privacy really got to me. I do like the convenience of a rabbit card especially not to have to wait in line because the stupid freaking machines DONT take Thai bank notes still. 

I reluctantly went last night again to top up 200 baht and had my passport in hand but did not give it to her ( a different woman from a few days ago) she just started processing it and just topped it up and I left without my passport being viewed and copied!! Then I was back at this same stop again and when exiting tried to top it up another 200 baht with no passport in hand and again no problem! 

Now I have over 400 baht in my Rabbit card and will probably loose it lol????

But my point is they will soon have a way to track everyone not just by TM30 but will know everywhere you go on BTS, what time etc. This is just too much! 

You have to carry ID in Thailand it's the law. Take a risk and not carry it then you could be fined, deported or both. Perhaps your not used to carrying ID in your country, but here its mandatory! 

14 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Indeed. There isn't except maybe North Korea.

Seem to recall somewhere back in Western history, a pack of nutters deputized citizens and suggested they inform on their neighbors.  At some point, the request for voluntary, patriotic cooperation turned into a non-negotiable demand, subject to strict enforcement and punishment for failure to comply.  Not forgetting what the nutters had in store for the ones being informed on.

TAT flirted with the idea of identify wrist bands for farangs.  If tattoo parlors start opening in the car parks of Immigration offices next to the fruit juice and noodle stands, it's time to reassess living here.

2 hours ago, csmith said:

Remember that the TM30 can now be done online … so not much to complain about really .… unless you haven't heard of the internet or are bone lazy.

@Shamblesguru (Chris) translate for TM 30 online report
1 to register your User Account go to website www.immigration.co.th in the window >information>online service>notification of residence for Foreigners>to register the new user account
2 after register compleatly you will get user name and password send from the immigration to your email that you registerd
3 You can read the manual step by step how to register TM 30 report online at website www : http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/hotel_report.html and click download manual how to do TM 30 report online

The manual is in Thai

Address_manual_1.pdf

this plus the new requirements to get extension of stay will chase a lot of people out of Thailand. they should think about all the money Thailand is going to loose. rent or purchase of home, pay taxes on home. food from stores, no mobile, etc.

they are digging a hole that when they realize what a loss to gdp these new rules cause it will be to late to change things and get people to come back and it will have a bad reputation.

all ready if you look at web sites for foreign places to live Thailand is all ready removed!!

Thailand used to be in the top 5-10 places to live but is no longer on those lists.

55 minutes ago, bkksiam said:

If I am renting and friends come to stay with me for a few days it it my responsibility to do the TM30 or is it my landlord's?

Traditionally it is the landlord or owner.  It may be possible for you to do it for a friend but it does not seem to be set up that way.

Here is the latest from immigration.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

Quick read.

Notification of residence of foreigners for businesses

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30. The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:
- In person at the respective office, or
- Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
- By registered mail, or
- Via internet.

You can also call them about filling the form:

For details contact 0-2141-7881

image.png

image.png

30 minutes ago, the guest said:

You have to carry ID in Thailand it's the law. Take a risk and not carry it then you could be fined, deported or both. Perhaps your not used to carrying ID in your country, but here its mandatory! 

No it’s not. Ask Big Joke. Most just take a pic of passport , visa and stamp and entry card. You DO NOT and for safety sake SHOULD NOT carry your passport. Much easier to get your most important document stolen. Some carry a laminate copy. 

5 minutes ago, Artisi said:

If you have a yellow house book, do you need to report your address via TM30? 

Yes, you usually report yourself if you are the owner/housemaster. Otherwise the housemaster in the blue book would report you. 

22 minutes ago, rabas said:

Traditionally it is the landlord or owner.  It may be possible for you to do it for a friend but it does not seem to be set up that way.

Here is the latest from immigration.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

Quick read.

Notification of residence of foreigners for businesses

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30. The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:
- In person at the respective office, or
- Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
- By registered mail, or
- Via internet.

You can also call them about filling the form:

For details contact 0-2141-7881

image.png

image.png

drive all the freaking way to CW because in 2019 they still cannot find one person in Thailand to make a working secure website that runs on all platforms....

5 minutes ago, justin case said:

drive all the freaking way to CW because in 2019 they still cannot find one person in Thailand to make a working secure website that runs on all platforms....

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Here is the website, it appears other than hotels can now sign up and report online

2 hours ago, csmith said:

Remember that the TM30 can now be done online … so not much to complain about really .… unless you haven't heard of the internet or are bone lazy.

I think that is only for business. If the house or apartment is in the name of your wife she has to report it in person. She has to report you each time you return to Thailand. We got a fine for it last year as we did not know. 

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Having been here just long enough to see several "crack downs", that was my attitude.  They fade away eventually, until the next crisis blows up in their face, and then they obsess about that for a while.

The reaction I got from my I/O last year satisfied my general sense of that trend.  I could tell she thought it was stupid, as did I, so I filed it accordingly. 

Came back and bit me in the arse a year later, like a boomerang.  ????

My boomerang is still circling after 5 years.

Archived