Visa extension help

Hoping someone can shed some light ! I came into Thailand on a visa exempt I’m admired until 8th of April , I want to extend at chaeng wattana and was thinking of doing this on the 4th April , Now my question is will they extend it from the 8th the date I’m admited until or will they extend it from the 4th the day I intend to extend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

it will be extended from the 8th, the current permitted to stay date (not the date you apply).  monday the 8th is a holiday, which means friday the 5th could be a very busy day at CW.  which means the 4th could be busier than usual.  if you could go earlier in the week, i'd recommend that.

1 hour ago, mossman1 said:

Now my question is will they extend it from the 8th the date I’m admited until or will they extend it from the 4th the day I intend to extend ?

They will extend from 8 April.

it will be extended from the 8th, the current permitted to stay date (not the date you apply).  monday the 8th is a holiday, which means friday the 5th could be a very busy day at CW.  which means the 4th could be busier than usual.  if you could go earlier in the week, i'd recommend that.

Thanks for your advise you have helped me a lot

Do you know how many days in advance I can go and extend it , also I originally came to Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa on jan 8th , after 60 days I flew in and out of Vietnam and got the visa exempt, am I still ok to extend the exempt , I only come to Thailand around 3+ months every year and have done for the last 23 years , it’s just now getting confusing with all the change in visa rules [emoji23]

1 hour ago, mossman1 said:

Do you know how many days in advance I can go and extend it , also I originally came to Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa on jan 8th , after 60 days I flew in and out of Vietnam and got the visa exempt, am I still ok to extend the exempt , I only come to Thailand around 3+ months every year and have done for the last 23 years , it’s just now getting confusing with all the change in visa rules

Every time you enter (with Visa or Visa Exempt), you're allowed to extend one time only for 30-day. In your case, you will be allowed to extend you stay for another 30-day. 

23 hours ago, mossman1 said:

remember one of the first steps in getting your immigration visit/papers in order is to check the thai offical holiday calendar.  this one in april is chakri day.  i've been during the week of a holiday in the past as i failed to check the holiday calendar. lesson learned the hard way.

History of Chakri Memorial Day

Officially known as 'King Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke the Great Day and Chakri Dynasty Memorial Day', Chakri Day commemorates the establishment of the Chakri Dynasty by Phra Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke (Rama I) in 1782.

One of King Rama's first acts was to make Krung Thep (modern day Bangkok) the capital of Siam.

Chakri day commemorates the coronation of Rama I but it is also a day for the people of Thailand to recognise the contributions of all the kings in the dynasty.  The current and tenth King (Rama X) of the dynasty is King Vajiralongkorn, who succeeded his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej who died in October 2016.

remember one of the first steps in getting your immigration visit/papers in order is to check the thai offical holiday calendar.  this one in april is chakri day.  i've been during the week of a holiday in the past as i failed to check the holiday calendar. lesson learned the hard way.

History of Chakri Memorial Day

Officially known as 'King Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke the Great Day and Chakri Dynasty Memorial Day', Chakri Day commemorates the establishment of the Chakri Dynasty by Phra Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke (Rama I) in 1782.
One of King Rama's first acts was to make Krung Thep (modern day Bangkok) the capital of Siam.
Chakri day commemorates the coronation of Rama I but it is also a day for the people of Thailand to recognise the contributions of all the kings in the dynasty.  The current and tenth King (Rama X) of the dynasty is King Vajiralongkorn, who succeeded his father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej who died in October 2016.

Thanks for all the advise just one more thing , what do I need to take with me for 30 day extension, I’m aware I should have copy’s of passport photo page , tm6 , entry/exit stamp and 1900 baht , has anything else changed will I need to show plane ticket back to uk too ?