what to do after my graduation university

Dear everyone

My name is Andy, I am 25 years old and i just graduated from a university here in Thailand and my education visa runs out next month in April.
Meaning that I have to change my visa to stay here in Thailand.
Also I already applied for some companies and hotels for work, although they were already full of expats.

(speaking and writing  fluently Thai)
And to legally work here you will need a working permit. 
So I had a question which is the best way for me to do a visa ?  To do a tourist visa and get 60 days and later ask again for another 30 days ?
Are there any other ways, instead of doing the Tourist Visa and getting out and in the country ?
Because I am still planning to live in Thailand for a long term.
I hope you can help me with this.
By the way, this is my dad's account, ( wayan ) 
Thank you

Best regards, Andy

What was your degree in?

I'm sure there are plenty of companies over here who could use your skillset - Fluent English combined with Fluent Verbal and Written Thai - Its a matter of time, get your CV out there, push, push and then push some more... 

Regarding visa's...  I think you have the best idea already in getting a tourist visa...  

If I'm not mistaken a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa is 6 months (60 days per stay - you'd have to leave Thailand and re-enter after 60 days within the validity of the visa).

A further option is another ED Visa - enroll in another course at your Uni...  It'll give you something to do while job hunting while at the same time giving you the option to remain. 

Best of luck.

• Like 2

my degree is tourism and hotel management

Apply for multiply entry tourist visa only possible in my country Holland  

in fact I live in Thailand 10 years so it is my residence. 

thanks for your advice 

• Confused 1

The problem is that Thais who graduate in "tourism and hotel management" start with a salary of 10-15k THB. With such a low salary you can't get an extension for working in Thailand.

So you would need to find a hotel which pays you 3-5 times the salary they would pay for a Thai with the same degree, and the only benefit which you offer might be better language skills, but they have more troubles employing a foreigner.

I think it will be nearly impossible to find a job which pays enough if you don't know the right people.

While you try to find a job in this field you might want to start studying in a field where the jobs pay more money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wayan94 said:

This is a very good foundation given the importance of this sector. What would make you highly employable as mentioned above is if you were IT savvy, able to look after the internet side of a hotel's business, set up a good website, online booking systems etc. 

12 hours ago, wayan94 said:

Apply for multiply entry tourist visa only possible in my country Holland  

in fact I live in Thailand 10 years so it is my residence. 

thanks for your advice 

So you lived in Thailand for 10 years.  What did you do for a visa when you were not a student?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

So you lived in Thailand for 10 years.  What did you do for a visa when you were not a student?

All time education visa, First high school and after University 

living with my father who has retirement visa

As another poster has already written, the starting salary for Thai staff in the T & H industry is 10-12K.

Your primary advantage over these candidates is that you can speak English (though I note it is not your mother tongue).

Here are some ideas for you:

• Why don't you apply for positions at booking.com, agoda.com and airBNB.
  • Why don't you identify and apply for teaching positions with companies that provide education and training to staff at 5 star hotels.
  • Why don't you start your own company providing language training to 5 star hotels?

Edited by Khaeng Mak

Another option about which i didn't think before: Try to find a job in Europe, work there for a few years, and then come back to Thailand. Your chances to get a job here which pays enough to get the extension of stay will be much better

Lease a guest house and run it..might even be able to get WP....or teach English and specialize in hotel training, etc..  It is no place anymore for visa runners.  There are some expats hotel execs for sure, but I think it would be difficult to get an entry level job with a multinational here, and the smaller places are paying Thais less than a NNES English teacher would make, and might have worse hours.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, atyclb said:

consider a 2 year masters degree from australia, canada or the likes as that will open doors that your thai degree won't including finding work in thailand.

thai girl i knew did i believe 1 year masters at wollongong u australia

op might consider employment in vietnam as they are much more open imo to non nationals . working and they even like to see other styles and systems.  a usa chiropractor friend easily is employed there and a member of their "most wanted list"

can visit thailand based in nam also

Edited by atyclb