New Passport at airport.

Hello. Few last years I stay in Thailand with ED visa (learn language). In 2018 I change my passport and move my last visa in new passport. This year unfortunately I lose my passport and go back home for make new one. So now I want go back to Thailand and worry about entry in Suvarnabhumi. I plan go without visa just stamp on arrival with absolutely clean passport. Do U think can have any problem with entry even with new passport if I have with me some cash and ticket in 3rd country ? Or better try to use land  border ? 

Unless you have a recent history of several visa exempt entries  I see no reason for you have a problem entering on one.

The airline may want to see a ticket out the country within 30 days on arrival to board you flight to here.

If possible it would be best to get single entry tourist visa before arriving so you would get a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have a recent history of several visa exempt entries  I see no reason for you have a problem entering on one.

The airline may want to see a ticket out the country within 30 days on arrival to board you flight to here.

If possible it would be best to get single entry tourist visa before arriving so you would get a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

I not have time for make visa. Should I worry if I go just with clean passport and get stamp on 30 days in airport?

12 minutes ago, Etsy said:

I not have time for make visa. Should I worry if I go just with clean passport and get stamp on 30 days in airport?

Having a “clean passport”, isn’t going to help. The system will link your old passport with the new one, and the IO will see your full history of entries.

Edited by elviajero

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Having a “clean passport”, isn’t going to help. The system will link your old passport with the new one, and the IO will see your full history of entries.

The immigration officer may link your old passport to your new one.

39 minutes ago, returnee222 said:

The immigration officer may link your old passport to your new one.

The system will give the IO the record of the old passport based on a simple name, dob, nationality search/link.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The system will give the IO the record of the old passport based on a simple name, dob, nationality search/link.

I not find any thread when people with clean passport cannot enter with stamp. (except black list etc).  Or still have risk rejected and send back to home ?

Have you considered asking the Thai consulate this question.  I/we can tell you whatever we think.  I think you will be rich; you will have cancer; I think if you tip the IO you will get a 1 yr visa of your choice just because I told you to make sure you see a female IO...that's what I did.  

Seriously.  Ask the Thai consulate.  I am assuming this is important to you, otherwise why would you invest the time to ask.  What we think is Hypothetical...you want to gamble like that?  You want or need the BEST possible answer -right?   

4 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Have you considered asking the Thai consulate this question.

The Thai consulate has not much to do with the immigration police in Thailand, these are different ministries. His chances on getting useful advice regarding this matter here on Thaivisa are way higher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Have you considered asking the Thai consulate this question.

I can assure you in this case a Thai embassy or consulate would not be able to answer the question correctly or might say they do not know. About all they will do is answer questions about the visas they issue.

Entries to the country are handled by immigration not the MFA.

1 hour ago, Etsy said:

I not find any thread when people with clean passport cannot enter with stamp. (except black list etc).  Or still have risk rejected and send back to home ?

Presumably you think a “clean passport” hides your past history of entries from immigration; it doesn’t.

2 hours ago, Etsy said:

The advantage of the new passport, is the IO not seeing those ED Visas/extensions as he/she thumbs through every single used page of your passport. IOs who are not friendly see an ED Visa as a way foreigners "stay too long" in Thailand.  But while a new passport removes the "sticker shock" effect, the info is in their computer, if they choose to drill-down to see it. 

An IO at a bad entry point may make up a story about "here too long before" being a valid reason to prevent your entering (it isn't), then stamp your passport with a lie about you not having money to support your stay.  This is much more likely with an Exempt entry-attempt than with a Tourist Visa, though has also happened to those with valid Tourist Visas.

I always enter at a land-border that will not pull this "bait and switch" routine to deny entry - even with a Visa - but especially so without.  Others will say I am overly paranoid - and perhaps they are right. 

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1