Lunar Eclipse

leisurely

I have just read on the BBC news that there is to be a spectacular lunar eclipse tonight/tomorrow morning. From the graphics supplied by the beeb, it looks like you will be able to see it - allowing for the smog and pollution. I just wondered if anyone could confirm this for me before I go getting my daughters up at 6am?

Boonlert Pairin, a former Chachoengsao senator and keen astrologer, warned that the eclipses were a foreboding sign.

The lunar eclipse tells about the fate of the people, while a solar eclipse shows the fate of the government leaders, and the two events occurring in the same month will have a major influence on the people and the government, he said.

There would be political chaos and conflicts in society between March and April this year, he warned.

He also predicted mass political demonstrations and trouble in the government, which could be faced with a ''dead end'' in its efforts to solve the problems in the country. The astrologer said a cabinet reshuffle could not solve the problems, which would spark a public outcry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I had read ''keen astronomer''. After reading the predictions, I had a second look and it made more sense when I saw the word ''astrologer'' :o

I`ll have a look at the eclipse, not as spectacular as a solar eclipse but still worth observing.

Boonlert Pairin, a former Chachoengsao senator and keen astrologer, warned that the eclipses were a foreboding sign.

The lunar eclipse tells about the fate of the people, while a solar eclipse shows the fate of the government leaders, and the two events occurring in the same month will have a major influence on the people and the government, he said.

There would be political chaos and conflicts in society between March and April this year, he warned.

He also predicted mass political demonstrations and trouble in the government, which could be faced with a ''dead end'' in its efforts to solve the problems in the country. The astrologer said a cabinet reshuffle could not solve the problems, which would spark a public outcry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I had read ''keen astronomer''. After reading the predictions, I had a second look and it made more sense when I saw the word ''astrologer'' :D

I`ll have a look at the eclipse, not as spectacular as a solar eclipse but still worth observing.

Ah, takes me back to the halcyon days of the Banharn and Chavalith goverments. Neither of these two veteran politicos were encumbered with any discernible cerebral qualities other than enriching their own feudalistic fiefdoms, but they allegedly consulted astrologers about ever little thing... :D

It was nice to know that the countries fate lay in the tea leaves of A Thai equivalent of "Mystic Meg" or whatever... :o

Did not watch it myself, but thought the timing was: 3:16 a.m. earth's half-shadow will start to cover the full moon. At 4:30 a.m. the full shadow will move in and by 5:44 a.m. the moon will be covered nearly in full and not be visible.

I used a Canon 30D with a 300mm lens and a tripod. Anything more than 2 second exposure and the pics started to blur because of the moon moving across the sky; so it was a little difficult towards the end. The first shot was taken at 0500 and the last at 0553.

But did anyone manage to see the thing. I was up to view it but it was too cloudy. Next time maybe. I understand there is to be a solar one too soon.

Yep, saw it in Phuket. Dragged the wife and boy up the top of a hill at 05:00. Best at totality when the thing looked like an up-close version of what Venus may look like up-close me thinks. It will never be great where we are unfortunately; too much dust, humidity and light about. Doi Inthanon's your best bet.

Great pics hughden... av not bad either :o