Exact Songkran dates for Pattaya?

soistalker

What are the dates that Songran will be celebrated in Pattaya? What I am really asking is: what dates do I need to avoid going outside so as not to have toilet water and talcum thrown in my face?

Last year it was about 9 days, or something absurd.

I HATE Songran with a passion.

As someone who has had problems with my eyes for years, I really cant get Pattaya sewer run-off water thrown in my eyes. 

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Official dates 13th to 19th April. DO NOT go out on the 19th. Some idiots might start on the 12th.

As the big-hearted government gave it's beloved people the 12th as an extra (public) holiday, you can expect early inflow of hools party people.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

I,ll be heading out on the 7th and not returning until the 20th :thumbsup:

Good choice. I am considering arriving 20th for a visit.

Hope to experience some low season feeling.

Pattaya's Songkran used to start the day after Bangkok finished so one could spend the Bangkok Songkran days in Pattaya, then Pattaya's in Bangkok. Not long before 2010, largely because expats wanted an excuse to party even more, blasting ice water using water cannons from their bar stools, the division began to blur til it got to what it is now: starting when Bangkok starts and ending about  10 days later.

55 minutes ago, balo said:

It should be safe to walk outside after dark without getting wet, if you avoid the tourist areas.

Until some Thai children playing outside a house or shop decide you make a good target...........

In Pattaya, the start will be on Friday the 12th, this will go on heavy around the Soi 6 area on down Beach Road to the end. it gets a bit spotted throughout the area but as 17th comes around it should be celebrated down Siracha all the way down to Bang Sean, 18th, it is again heavy all around town, North Pattaya, Darkside and Sukhumvit around the Bangkok Pattaya hospital down to Nongprue. The final day 19th, it should be all over Pattaya area, if you are a die heart you can go all out 20th, down at Bang Saray towards Sattihip.

On 3/30/2019 at 12:46 PM, sgoodes said:

I spent the day at R-con bar in Soi Bhuakao on the the last day of songkran last year and it was fairly quiet. 

Beach road is where I would avoid at all costs as thats the last day.

Naklua where i live has their big day on the 2nd last day so i chill by the pool and not go anywhere.

If i wasn't offshore this year I'd be heading to Chaiyapun with my GF. 

I am surprised at that. I thought the bend by the R Con bar was one of the hotspots for Songhran madness. I remember a few years back some idiots were standing there throwing water on passing motorcyclists. One guy got off his bike and thumped the water thrower. Fun times !!

11 hours ago, kinyara said:

Anyone know what the confirmed  main day is for Naklua, I thought it was always the day after Pattaya, which would make it the 20th this year ?

Naklua main day is 18th, not sure what it's like there on 19th. Things wind down abruptly on 20th all over Pattaya, but this is the main day further south at Bang Saray, Sattahip etc. 

On 3/29/2019 at 8:31 AM, Henryford said:

Official dates 13th to 19th April. DO NOT go out on the 19th. Some idiots might start on the 12th.

From my experience it starts about the 10th. Every year I leave the country from 9th to 20/21. Assume the worst. This year I may go to koh chang. Anybody got recommendations for other Thai destinations?

I have no problem with the Thais celebrating their water festival,  My objection is to the usually fat, stupid, moronic, idiot, drunk farangs, who just use it as an excuse to be even more irritating, childish and irresponsible  than they normally are.  

On 3/30/2019 at 10:47 AM, Lacessit said:

I head up to my GF's village. They are sensible about it there, not like the idiots in CM.

True, but yesterday going home after doing shopping, Kids all over the roads already at it. Traffic at a stand still.

Please note: This was in Buriram Provicnce

Archived