Coming often using visa-exempt entries, accompanied by a Thai Child ?

hello, 

I coming often to Thailand, but usually for short time.. alot of exempt entries.. and as I've seen so many denied entry.

Especially I am using Don Mueang or either SVB

The thing is I am always coming with my thai daughter.. she's half Thai, and half EU.

But I always use her EU passport.. because using her Thai passport can get me troubles if I exit Thailand. She used her EU passport for entry/exit Thailand without any problem or questionning.

So what if in case the IO would like to put me in trouble and deny my entry ?

Should I say, I am coming in Thailand often because my daughter is Thai ? ( I don't want show the Thai passport )

I just have her copy of Thai birth certificate.

Do the IO, will problably be more "understanding" in this situation and let me pass ?

I am just afraid, they will said, we will take your daughter, but you, you will be denied entry & they will send my daughter to some social care, as she's count as Thai Citizen and cannot be denied entry ?

I don't have also much contact with her mother.. and I've no legitimization over the kid

1 hour ago, Danielsiam said:

Do the IO, will problably be more "understanding" in this situation and let me pass ?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Danielsiam said:

I am just afraid, they will said, we will take your daughter, but you, you will be denied entry & they will send my daughter to some social care, as she's count as Thai Citizen and cannot be denied entry ?

Not going to happen. They would deny entry to you both or neither. And given your daughters Thai nationality I don’t beleive they would deny entry.

They — generally — only deny entry to those trying to live in the country as a tourist. They don’t tend to be bothered by frequent short stays.

IMO you won’t have a problem beyond an IO telling you you should have a non ‘O’ visa.

I would like to know what the rules are for using Tourist Visas. I went to HCMC to get another TR so that I was using back to back. When I arrived at DMK I was questioned and I felt rejection coming here. When I questioned the IO I seemed to hit a nerve but I still felt rejection coming. Anyway at the end of it all when she said you must get proper Visa, I asked is a tourist Visa not proper she never answered. Again I asked her and she never answered but gave me the 60 days which I am now completing the 30 day extension next week.

I would just like someone to tell me the rules about entering Thailand. 

I am married to a thai lady but my work situation fluctuates so when I'm not working I come to see her.

Please help

1 hour ago, dougiemac52 said:

I would just like someone to tell me the rules about entering Thailand. 

I am married to a thai lady but my work situation fluctuates so when I'm not working I come to see her.

There are no written rules as such, but Tourist visa are meant for short term visits for tourism.

Your visits are clearly to visit your wife, so under the visa system you should be using a non-immigrant visa.

If you repeatedly enter as a tourist — especially back to back — and stay months immigration are suspicious about how you fund your stay and that you may be illegally working, and they could deny entry.

Single entry non ‘O’ visas are easy to get with a copy of your marriage certificate, wife’s ID/Tabian Baan; and Multiple entry non ‘O’ visas are valid for 1 year and — in some locations — available without the need to supply financials.

If you’re entering a few times a year, and staying months each time, your best bet is to get a ME Non ‘O’; otherwise, instead of getting a TR you should get a SE Non ‘O’. Either should keep IO’s off your back.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

There are no written rules as such, but Tourist visa are meant for short term visits for tourism.

Your visits are clearly to visit your wife, so under the visa system you should be using a non-immigrant visa.

If you repeatedly enter as a tourist — especially back to back — and stay months immigration are suspicious about how you fund your stay and that you may be illegally working, and they could deny entry.

Single entry non ‘O’ visas are easy to get with a copy of your marriage certificate, wife’s ID/Tabian Baan; and Multiple entry non ‘O’ visas are valid for 1 year and — in some locations — available without the need to supply financials.

If you’re entering a few times a year, and staying months each time, your best bet is to get a ME Non ‘O’; otherwise, instead of getting a TR you should get a SE Non ‘O’. Either should keep IO’s off your back.

thai immigration is funny ... showed them bankbook with many millions and they asked my daughter, do I work in Thailand, in Thai off course...

I said, I sold my house & business in my home country 10+ years ago, is this a problem ???

22 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The first question you will be asked is, "Why are you visiting Thailand repeatedly?" What is the true answer?

NO;

first question s why he does not want to use her thai passport?

because using her Thai passport can get me troubles if I exit Thailand

HUH" unless u have abducted her from her thai mother, i cant see how u would get in trouble

Otherwise apply for a non o visa 90 day visa and than get a 1 year extension for support thai family member

Edited by phuketrichard

39 minutes ago, justin case said:

thai immigration is funny ... showed them bankbook with many millions and they asked my daughter, do I work in Thailand, in Thai off course...

I said, I sold my house & business in my home country 10+ years ago, is this a problem ???

I don’t see why that would be a problem. As long as you don’t mention any kind of work you should be fine.

38 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

So I'm a tad confused.

Mom(wife) still lives in Thailand, and your daughter lives with you in Europe?

Sadly mums not living with their children is not unusual.

While the mums are working as 'nurses' in Bangkok the Grandparents often take care of the kids, and many retired 'nurses' move abroad with their husbands/boyfriends leaving the kids back in Thailand. And, as with the OP, there are many cases of foreign fathers with custody of the children living in Thailand or back in their home countries.

I believe there is an issue that if you try to take a Thai child out of the country you can be asked for proof of permission to do so from the mother, or proof of custody. Which the OP apparently may not have. Hence why he is not using a Thai passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

I believe there is an issue that if you try to take a Thai child out of the country you can be asked for proof of permission to do so from the mother, or proof of custody. Which the OP apparently may not have. Hence why he is not using a Thai passport.

Should I say, I am coming in Thailand often because my daughter is Thai ? ( I don't want show the Thai passport )

I just have her copy of Thai birth certificate.

I don't have also much contact with her mother.. and I've no legitimization over the kid

WHY dont you want show her thai passport and than u say you just have her BC<

This sounds fishy to me?  did u get divorced?  So basically u took ur child away from her mother without a court ruling.   You mnetion immigration talks to her in Thai
I'd NEVER take her to thailand, if i were you.

BTW<i often traveled with my daughter before i was divorced and got sole custody, never was asked for any paper, she had Thai and US passports

Edited by phuketrichard