Rejected in poiepet can i reter thailand again

I got rejected on poipet border and was asked to sign some papers took pics of me and put a stamp on my passport and was ask to catch a flight to bkk airport. On bkk airport i was allowed to enter thailand and the officer was very nice to me. But i still have the stamp on my passport. So now 4 months after that now i am planning to visit bkk again but i am scared if they are gonna reject my entry or give me some trouble entering. Please can anyone advise me what might be the suitation i might have to face. Will they let me in easy? 

I am from nepal with nepalese passport.

That is the standard denial of entry stamp. Poipet is notorious for erroneous denials of entry. 

It may not cause any problems when you try to enter the country again. But if an officer notices it you might be question about it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the standard denial of entry stamp. Poipet is notorious for erroneous denials of entry. 

It may not cause any problems when you try to enter the country again. But if an officer notices it you might be question about it.

If i meet all requirements will they be able to deny entry still due tomy past denial record?

Yes poiept is a very troublesome border. With so many cases idk why the thai goverment has not taken any action against it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Suraj77 said:

If i meet all requirements will they be able to deny entry still due tomy past denial record?

Not likely since you have already entered once since being denied entry.

Just be sure you are prepared to show the equivalent of 20k baht in cash if asked for it. Having a ticket out of the country would also help.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

My first year living here on my initial marriage visa before I got my first extension I used to do border crossings every 90 days at the Poipet border crossing and back then Poipet was awesome.  Now I get my extensions every year so I don’t have to do border runs anymore but I heard that Poipet has drastically changed since 2015 ever since the Bangkok bomber was caught trying to escape across the Poipet border.  Apparently the Bangkok bomber illegally entered Thailand across the Poipet border crossing using an obvious fake passport and he apparently bribed his way into the country supposedly.  Ever since that incident Poipet started drastically changing and they started moving immigration Officers around and getting a lot tougher about border crossings at Poipet from what I heard.  

The Bangkok bomber didn’t have a very good escape and evasion plan if he was trying to escape the same way he illegally entered the country in the first place that was stupid.  But most people who do heinous things like he did are usually not the brightest and even the smart and calculating one’s usually get caught eventually.  Anyway that’s why Poipet isn’t a very good place to cross the border anymore it used to be one of the best places to do a border run but apparently not anymore.  I remember whenever I used to do my border runs at Poipet before I started getting my extensions every year I’d be waiting in line behind just about every back packer from all over the world mostly Europe.  Back then Poipet was a very friendly place but from what I understand not anymore ever since the incident back in 2015.  That one incident is what caused Poipet to change although that incident was a pretty big deal a terrorist illegally entered Thailand over the Poipet border crossing and was also apprehended there trying to escape apparently on the Cambodian side of the border so he almost got away.  I think that really ruined it for everyone as far as the Poipet border crossing but that’s why they kind of needed some immigration reform although unfortunately sometimes it negatively affects good people but supposedly they are working on fixing that as well to make things easier for those of us who are the “good guys”.  

13 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

.. but I heard that Poipet has drastically changed since 2015 ever since the Bangkok bomber was caught trying to escape across the Poipet border.  Apparently the Bangkok bomber illegally entered Thailand across the Poipet border crossing using an obvious fake passport and he apparently bribed his way into the country supposedly.  Ever since that incident Poipet started drastically changing and they started moving immigration Officers around and getting a lot tougher about border crossings at Poipet from what I heard.  

That is the time-period when that entry point got worse, but the vast majority of people being denied-entry in Poipet have nothing to do with the group that was involved in terrorism.   They moved in a bunch of hard-liner types, who also hate foreigners in general.  It is the only land-border controlled by this clique within immigration.

This didn't stop the corruption, of course, since "hard liner" attitudes are just smokescreen-cover for corruption in the first place.  At the time of the below post, it cost 12K Baht through an "agent" to get in (post-rejection), if you have "too much time before" (not a law/order) and/or are not carrying enough cash:

I often think Poipet got strict in the hope of getting numbers down to levels the staff can cope with. It used to be 2 windows in a small building - now it is multiple lines of Cambodian workers all of whom make more money for the elite than backpackers.

3 hours ago, Suraj77 said:

Is there anyone with the same case as mr  and have tried re entering thailand? If yes plese let me know how it went.

yes, people had no problem entering, but you did not answer questions asked before. What visa you actually have ? 

2 minutes ago, visarunner said:

yes, people had no problem entering, but you did not answer questions asked before. What visa you actually have ? 

Oh i am sorry. I will have a 30 days tourist visa which i will receive from the embassy before arriving to thailand.Last time also i came with multiple entry tourist visa.

I

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 10:57 AM, Jim7777 said:

My first year living here on my initial marriage visa before I got my first extension I used to do border crossings every 90 days at the Poipet border crossing and back then Poipet was awesome.  Now I get my extensions every year so I don’t have to do border runs anymore but I heard that Poipet has drastically changed since 2015 ever since the Bangkok bomber was caught trying to escape across the Poipet border.  Apparently the Bangkok bomber illegally entered Thailand across the Poipet border crossing using an obvious fake passport and he apparently bribed his way into the country supposedly.  Ever since that incident Poipet started drastically changing and they started moving immigration Officers around and getting a lot tougher about border crossings at Poipet from what I heard.  

The Bangkok bomber didn’t have a very good escape and evasion plan if he was trying to escape the same way he illegally entered the country in the first place that was stupid.  But most people who do heinous things like he did are usually not the brightest and even the smart and calculating one’s usually get caught eventually.  Anyway that’s why Poipet isn’t a very good place to cross the border anymore it used to be one of the best places to do a border run but apparently not anymore.  I remember whenever I used to do my border runs at Poipet before I started getting my extensions every year I’d be waiting in line behind just about every back packer from all over the world mostly Europe.  Back then Poipet was a very friendly place but from what I understand not anymore ever since the incident back in 2015.  That one incident is what caused Poipet to change although that incident was a pretty big deal a terrorist illegally entered Thailand over the Poipet border crossing and was also apprehended there trying to escape apparently on the Cambodian side of the border so he almost got away.  I think that really ruined it for everyone as far as the Poipet border crossing but that’s why they kind of needed some immigration reform although unfortunately sometimes it negatively affects good people but supposedly they are working on fixing that as well to make things easier for those of us who are the “good guys”.  

I re-entered Thailand from Poipet to Aranyaprathet I think it was the day before the bombing and since then have been across a number of times no problem either, the last time a few months ago. BUT i hold a proper non-imm visa and I travel by car. The car lane is separate from the immigration lane for bus and foot travelers. While I wouldn't recommend Aranyaprathet, I think it's fine as long as you have a proper visa or have an extension of stay with re-entry permit. It is also OK for backpackers who are using Thailand as a transit point traveling on one of the cross border buses (either Bangkok-Siem Reap or Bangkok-Phnom Penh) without a visa or a tourist visa.

Definitely avoid Poipet if you're Russian, South Korean, Vietnamese or Laotian, or are from any other nationality but with a history of staying in Thailand on visa exempts and single entry tourist visas. Avoid at all costs if you've ever had any sort of overstay (even one day).

Edited by Tomtomtom69