Escape From Chiang Mai - Recommendation needed

lucky2008

13 hours ago, cerox said:

I am referring to this topic which I found:

It can rise to Bkk levels on occasion, but generally the sea keeps the air fresher than in the capital. The difference should be significant in relation to the parlous conditions in northern Thailand right now. 

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, cerox said:

I live in CM; Songkran two years ago when I was here was 5 full days (13th to 17th) and on the 12th it started in the afternoon and big splashing parties in the evening.

I wanted to ask you guys about the Jomtien/Na Klua area in Pattaya. Because it is a hassle to organize leaving CM for 3 months every year, I am thinking about moving to Pattaya to have an easier life.  I love CM but it is just getting to much effort, yearly I have to plan everything ahead with my visa so my extension or 90d report will not be in the smog-period. Not always possible.

I am doing some research  and I found many topics here where people complained about smog in December / January in Pattaya. Was this a one-time thing or is it a regular/yearly occurrence? Just want to avoid moving/planning just to find out there is too much pollution as well.

Reading about all the Pattaya expats who got air purifiers did not convince me. If I had to leave Pattaya for 2 months every year, then it is not worth it; same effort and hassle like CM. Maybe some of you guys who have been living there for a longer time, can tell me ????

I lived in Pattaya and never noticed a significant smog over and above what is expected in a city with too many cars.

If air quality is important to you, an island would be the best place to live, but not Phuket.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, wwest5829 said:

I encourage all to use social media to warn everyone they know not to come to Chiang Mai at this time. It is a threat to their health. Yes, I am aware that local business will be hurt but ... unless all of us cause attention to be drawn, no action will be taken. It is in the interest of all of us who live in and care about Chiang Mai to take this action. Farangs, Thai citizens and students attending the universities here ... take direct action for ourselves and others we care for, it is rightful action.

Just breath less until Tuesday the general said it will be gone, until then lessen the risk buy a full hazmet suit power pack and air purifier stay indoors with your doors and windows closed and you will be fine who wants to live 20 months longer enjoy your stay???? 

• Like 1