Breaking the deadlock over Brexit: Is Britain heading for a general election?

webfact

Just now, doctormann said:

Barroso was not talking about voting in the UK so the quote is taken out of context in that respect.  The wording is still quite apt to the current situation with May's rejected deal though.

May’s deal was rejected by UK’s parliament and voting on it again was a decision of the UK’s government, same as the request for an extension for it. Nothing the EU had to do with. 

Just pointing that out because, in fact, there are quite some Brexiteers who don’t understand that general elections and referendums are being carried out by the member states alone and the EU doesn’t have any say in it. 

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The problem with that is who do you think is likely to replace all those you envisage being kicked out?

And imagine the chaos with a Corbyn led minority government relying on the SNP propping them up!

Yes let's stick with the chaos of a May led minority government relying on the DUP propping them up????

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I have no great love for the traitor May,who is trying to sell us down the river to her masters in the EU,but the nightmare scenario of Corbyn leading the country over the cliff to economic destruction and the thought of someone like Abbott on the world stage is the thing nightmares are made of.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Did you know Corbyn had an affair with Abbott? Seemingly just as his first marriage was or was about to break up. 

Says it all!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The problem with that is who do you think is likely to replace all those you envisage being kicked out?

And imagine the chaos with a Corbyn led minority government relying on the SNP propping them up!

Or we will get MPs who actually support brexit. Forget Corbyn.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Or we will get MPs who actually support brexit. Forget Corbyn.

Considering the closeness of the Brexit result and allowing for possible changes in thought; and noting May's last GE failure when she chose to campaign only on Brexit, are you seriously suggesting only Brexit supporting people would be elected??

5 hours ago, Thian said:

I wished the EU made the decission and pulled the plug....bye bye!!

Then the EU could make the decision to kick out all the sponging lazy members who think it's good to spend other countries money on themselves - au revoir la France!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Are you British?
Are you a non British eu citizen from one of the eu subsidy junkie countries who's rather cheesed off 'cos your gravy train is soon to be losing a BIG FINANCIAL ASSET???

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why are the poor always so hung up about cash that they miss the big picture? 39 billion is just not relevant. A 1,000 billion in assets have already walked of elsewhere in the EU.

EU GDP is around 10,000 billion! 

BTW, per capita income in the Irish Republic is 5th highest in the world! I think reunification is on the way. It will be much the same as German reunification, Eire will help their poor NI brothers!

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Law professor from Durham University, my alma mater, on Brexit. Long talk with one bloke from three blokes in a pub. Worth listening to! 

Too long for you Vogie? Too many long words? You react that my post is sad within 5 minutes? The discussion lasts an hour! I recommend that you listen to others; you may learn something (I won't bet on it). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Too long for you Vogie? Too many long words? You react that my post is sad within 5 minutes? The discussion lasts an hour! I recommend that you listen to others; you may learn something (I won't bet on it). 

Here's one half as long from the Mogg re the customs union:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eire is a subsidy junkie eu member state[emoji6]

Why are the poor always so hung up about cash that they miss the big picture? 39 billion is just not relevant. A 1,000 billion in assets have already walked of elsewhere in the EU.

BTW, per capita income in the Irish Republic is 5th highest in the world! I think reunification is on the way. It will be much the same as German reunification, Eire will help their poor NI brothers!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Care to have a bet ??

That Brexit means Brexit and that the UK will leave the EU on 29 March? And that it will be the easiest deal in history? That you will have all the 40 trade agreements replicated by then? And that you will get 350 million per week for the NHS? And, of course, that there will continue to be free trade and access to the single market?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

That Brexit means Brexit and that the UK will leave the EU on 29 March? And that it will be the easiest deal in history? That you will have all the 40 trade agreements replicated by then? And that you will get 350 million per week for the NHS? And, of course, that there will continue to be free trade and access to the single market?

Don’t be too tough on the Brexiteers, they’re still nursing their ‘Out Meant Out’ celebration party hangovers.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

I agree unless brexit is scrapped its going to happen along with scotland,the north will prosper like never before,wealth abd jobs will overcome religion and the few remaing old nutters will be in their graves..malagateddy will have hang up his knuckle dusters and have his bulldog and unionjack tatts removed

• Haha 1