Which Is Best? - Kaza, Bearshare

RDN

Joan Baez did "Joe Hill" back in my days. :o
JOE HILL

From the soundtrack album "Carry It On" (Vanguard 79313 -2), 1971; produced by Christopher Knight.

OK - I've got quite a few Joan Baez tracks (most of them on reel to reel tapes) - so we can add that one too :D . I've got "Diamonds and Rust" and "Forever Young" as mp3's, but the tapes have got a lot of early stuff by her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed and removed a large number of p2p clients over the last couple of years and this is what I have now continuously running.

Shareaza - temporarily removed due to download slowdown, will investigate later

Limewire - agree that this one is excellent but again over time has started slowing down and will investigate my settings again.

WinMX - Excellent for .mp3 and small videos, terrible for large file downloads. Every .mp3 song I searched for was found and quick downloads.

Azereus (BitTorrent client) - free and the best I have found for videos, games, applications (large files multi-GB) and fast downloads. The only issue is finding the torrents and seeds. Popular vids/apps usually no problem. First run using it was ?????? game at nearly 5GBytes in a few days.

I have an advantage in that I'm the network/computer manager at work and maintain our firewall. After reconfiguring the firewall to direct the P2P ports directly to my computer, transfers have skyrocketed.

The only real issue I have with any of the P2P apps are they are CPU resource hungry so whenever I have to restart my computer first thing I do is pop up the task manager and set the priority on each of these down one notch. No longer slows my computer work down and downloads are not effected.

• 1 month later...

OK ... what is this about TRUE (ToRtUrE ... just noticed that on a typo- anyway...) restricting P2P? I have TRUE on a home connect, and dl'd WinMX, and I'm gotting a speed of .47 K/s on one track, and the others arent moving at all. My connection is 512K. Everything else seems to be normal - Opera is working well, etc. Could this be due to TRUE? What should I do?

usenet newsgroups.

Do a search for newsbinn program.

install

then add alt.binaries.mp3  or something.

Lots of files on everything. no spyware, local downloads

hi'

thanks for hint :D

tried usenet, but it's not free :D

will try this, channels I tried before are vanishing one after the other :D

btw, how are you?

francois

ps:fresh summer down here :o

Seems that I'm arriving to this party a little late!

I'm a P2P freak- have been for years. I've used WinMX ever since the demise of Napster, and it has always worked for me, finding almost every obscure track I've looked for. My collection of MP3's is now almost 4000 tunes. Unfortunately my tastes are a little different- and I don't have any of the tunes that people are looking for in earlier posts.

I'm using true ADSL 2.5 MBPS, connected 24/7. Is anyone still looking for tunes? I'd be willing to try finding / downloading them on your behalf.

Let me know- and I'll queue them up! :o

I gotta agree with the above regarding bittorrent.

I started off using audiogalaxy when napster died, that went the same way too. I was also a huge winMX fan but I gave it up as everything was always queued up to the max. Also used Kazaa Lite a fair bit before it got flooded with tunes that are beepd out or garbled in the middle.

Now its primarily bittorrent for games, software, music and movies. Soulseek is good for those hard to find tunes.