Income Verification Letter Too Old?

Has anyone that obtained a proof of income statement from the US Consulate before January 1 used it to get a new extension of stay after January 1, 2019? I got astatement from the consulate on Dec 31, 2018 and thought they were valid for 6 months. A Canadian friend went to CW with a three month old verification and was told it was too old and they wouldn't accept it. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Edited by Gtto

Strange they did not accept it since I have seen reports for CW accepting them that old. For a Canadian living in Bangkok they might question why it is 3 months old since they can still get them.

They have said they will accept them that are up to 6 months old for those that can not longer get them.

I got one from the Australian Embassy two days before they stopped issuing them and used it for my retirement visa renewal out at Chaeng Wattana last week. I mentioned to the woman that I had heard that they had 6-months validity and she said that was correct. I backed it up with full bank statements for the past 9 months just in case, but had no problems and was in and out in 1 hour 40 mins including the huge delay for the multiple-entry stamp.

But every "officer" I spoke with had the same thing to say: you'll get your visa this year but not again unless you now comply with the financial requirements. It's probably been posted elsewhere, but I've attached a PDF scan of the sheet they gave me with the rules for next year.

Thai Immigration Visa Rules - 2019.pdf

7 minutes ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

But every "officer" I spoke with had the same thing to say: you'll get your visa this year but not again unless you now comply with the financial requirements. It's probably been posted elsewhere, but I've attached a PDF scan of the sheet they gave me with the rules for next year.

Those are only for the 800k baht in the bank or the combination option.

These are for proving income. Amendment to police order 138/2557 Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income.

20 minutes ago, rodknock said:

in reading the posts there is nothing related to income verification letter from embassy being good for 6months.

where can i find it?

3 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Well, it is not easy to search on ThaiVisa but there are, many, many mentions of the six-month validity of the embassy letter.

Immigration 6M directive for income letters.pdf

12 hours ago, Gtto said:

A Canadian friend went to CW with a three month old verification and was told it was too old and they wouldn't accept it. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Assuming your friend's extension hasn't yet expired, I'd advise them to go back and try to get it again, this time with a printout of the 6 month directive attached in the two posts above. 

• Like 1

I went to CR I migration yesterday and renewed my retirement visa with a UK Embassy letter dated November 2018.   No problems at all and a new 1 year visa issued valid till 1st May, 2020.   I said that I would request to change to a marriage visa next year and they said that would not be an issue and I was given a leaflet detailing all the documentation I would be required to supply in order that a marriage visa be granted.

9 hours ago, rwill said:

Perhaps the US embassy would notarize that if needed.

The are not allowed to certify or verify any document.

The only thing that could be done is a affidavit stating it is a true and correct document signed by the person shown on document.