Extending a 30 day VOA

Hey guys, is it possible to extend a 30 day VOA (visa on arrival) for an additional 30 days for 1900 baht in Phuket or Bangkok?

I am reading mixed things, and I just want to be absolutely sure with up to date info.

If the answer is no, then I guess my only option is to go to a border crossing or leave the country. I'm American if that makes any difference.

What's your nationality.

I suspect you received a 30 day Visa exempt entry.

You edited your post with your nationality.

You received a 30 day Visa exempt entry.

Yes, you can apply for a 30 day extension, but will have to provide proof of address and a TM30. You can only apply at the office where your residence is located.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

What's your nationality.

I suspect you received a 30 day Visa exempt entry.

You edited your post with your nationality.

You received a 30 day Visa exempt entry.

Yes, you can apply for a 30 day extension, but will have to provide proof of address and a TM30. You can only apply at the office where your residence is located.

Thanks. I was reading that I could only extend for 30 days on a 2-month tourist visa, not a VOA. TM30 and proof of address is easy. I've done that before for an ED visa.

6 minutes ago, typ123 said:

Thanks. I was reading that I could only extend for 30 days on a 2-month tourist visa, not a VOA. TM30 and proof of address is easy. I've done that before for an ED visa.

You didn't get a Visa on arrival.

You were given a 30 day Visa exempt entry as a US citizen.

Perhaps that's why the information you read (on VOA) was misleading.

http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html

Edited by Tanoshi

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You didn't get a Visa on arrival.

You were given a 30 day Visa exempt entry as a US citizen.

Perhaps that's why the information you read (on VOA) was misleading.

http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html

Oh sorry, I think I was using VOA interchangeably with visa exemption. So I guess there is no issue extending a 30-day visa exemption stamp? 

• 3 weeks later...

Are the proof of residence and TM30 the same thing? I'm just staying at a hotel, so am I correct to say that I should show my booking confirmation as proof of residence and also fill out a TM30? These two documents, along with the TM7 extension form, are all that's required to extend for 30 days, right?

Edited by typ123

12 hours ago, typ123 said:

Are the proof of residence and TM30 the same thing

A TM30 report is used to report a foreigner is staying at 'your' property or one you control. The report goes to immigration. A proof of residence, well a residence certificate is issued by immigration to certify you are currently residing in Thailand. Used, for example, to buy a car or obtain a Thai driving licence. Although proof of residence means some document you need to show to obtain a residence certificate or confirm your address. A phone or utility bill, or rental agreement is an example.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1