Feedback on TV models

EricTh

What are the experience of forummers here with regards to the brand of TV.

Which brand (Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, Pana, LG) is reliable with good after sales service?

Edited by EricTh

11 hours ago, quandow said:

Wouldn't recommend any of the cheap Chinese knockoffs flooding the stores. Low quality. I bought two and kick myself for being a cheap Charlie.

More than 90% of the electronic goods in Thailand are actually manufactured in China.

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

More than 90% of the electronic goods in Thailand are actually manufactured in China.

And not only for Thailand.

But there is still a difference between cheap stuff and devices under supervision/quality assurance of Japanese companies e.g.

LG opened a big OLED panel factory in China.

Edited by KhunBENQ

22 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Sony with Android TV. While the Samsung's are good quality their own custom software is limiting. 

+1

After recently buying 2 TV's and doing a lot of research on all the 

latest technology I went with the Sony Android TV's and couldn't be 

happier. 

The Android software is what makes them so versatile to add almost any Apps you require.

Sony also offers quality and reliability where as the

others lag behind.

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, grin said:

The cheap models made by TCL and Hisense are not too bad. I noticed that some Roku TVs offered by Sharp were manufactured by Hisense.

TCl big size, bought 12 years ago still as good as the day we bought it.

I finally decided to buy Samsung based on feedback here and the promotion price at Big C. It caused slightly less than 10,000 Baht for a 4K TV. Big C prices are very competitive. What a deal.

Color is not as good as Panasonic but with that price, I can't complain too much. Hopefully, it won't give me reliability problem.

Edited by EricTh

LG is the best imo. bought 3 samsung tvs and all were bad. two plasmas cracked from the inside 55in and samsung says we dropped it. another led samsung we have has a red vertical line towards the right side of the screen. will never buy a samsung again. we have a 40in LG still being used LCD for the last 12 years. superb still. just bought another 70in LG and very happy with it. got a deal off power buy on Line app that sold it only for a day. What they call SHOCK SALE here. 

There is a TCL model that is highly rated by U.S. reviewers, including CNET.

It shows up on the 10 or 8 best lists of several reviewers.

They call it the Series 6 models, and the specific model number is 617 I believe. 

Anyone know if the Series 6 is sold in Thailand, and in 65 inch size? A specific model number will be even more useful.

We had also good experiences with LG Tv’s for years - then I checked out independent reviews and went for a Sharp 55 “ 8 years ago what used to be LCD for our home theater and never regretted it.

Still works well but it’s of course outdated now - LCD of course radiates heat good for the winter months to keep you warm and you have to use an Android box with it.

So we just bought another 60” Sharp 4K LED Android TV and it is great !
But they are all fairly good - in today’s digital age it is not so much the TV but the knowledge of what you can do with it!
Thanks to a young wizard from a certain electronics store ours is singing and dancing and used to it’s full potential with all the channels one can think of and smart home integration! Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect