Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

Don't go for gold-diggers.

There are  enough sob stories of Thai girls who after they  have milked you dry of your money to buy a  shop/house for them, they will then kick you out of your own house. Sad but true.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Thai men pay for prostitutes... and young lovers. Old lovers pay for Thai young men. Farangs always pay, in one way or another....but... very often old Thai women pay for young farang men too. The smart farangs....very rare in Thailand. Many ``old´´ Thai women are stunning beauties.

Edited by Muzarella
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

50,000 a month many many girls easlily make that in Pattaya.

Maybe 1% of girls make that or more. The 99% make half of that or less. I have a friend who had to leave Pattaya because she wasn't making enough to bother - she had some old guy offer to pay her a "salary" to leave the bar, and as she wasn't making much there anyway she went back to her family in Buriram. I think he was giving her like 10k or 15k a month - not much. After he stopped paying she went to Bangkok "to finish her degree", and of course ended up right back at a bar on soi 4, where she was still not making much. Later she met some Aussie who took her to Australia and got engaged, but I still kept seeing her (looking for customers) in clubs every few months as she would tell him she's going back home "to visit her family". She's a nice enough girl, but a bar girl is a bar girl.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 9:05 PM, FarangOnTour said:

Assuming she commands a good fee of 3000bhat per customer and meets 4 customers per week her weekly income is 12000bhat

You clearly don't live here. I have never met anyone stupid enough to pay 3000[Baht] for a night of frivolous fun. Then again seeing some of the specimens who pass for farangs getting around it could be feasible.

I'm sure a few of those types are TV regulars, so I wait to be corrected.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

OP, yes, pay your girlfriend. How much depends on many factors. Mostly try to figure out how much she turns over in a month and go from there. What is the minimum she'd accept to do only you is what you're seeking.

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Some pretty naive comments here on how much some of these girls make working.

I know several in the 80 to 100,000 b a month range.

50,000 a month many many girls easlily make that in Pattaya. Several on BR.

It is funny actually the nay sayers on this are jealous males.  Why? Because  these girls are pulling more money then their lousy retirement checks. Tough to handle that I bet. 

finally someone who actually got to know them

instead of the usual, i suspect you are right,

wishful thinking that the girls are starving to death

and dying for a white night forking up 8k/month.

42 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

OP, yes, pay your girlfriend. How much depends on many factors. Mostly try to figure out how much she turns over in a month and go from there. What is the minimum she'd accept to do only you is what you're seeking.

Or.... better yet......... Go slow.... Take your time........... When you make 'snap judgements'.... You screw up.... Thailand is SO FULL of 'Worthy' girls (That you won't meet till after she 'locks you in')....  GO SLOW.... before commiting yourself...... I have about 35 years experience here.... and still learning.......

16 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Or.... better yet......... Go slow.... Take your time........... When you make 'snap judgements'.... You screw up.... Thailand is SO FULL of 'Worthy' girls (That you won't meet till after she 'locks you in')....  GO SLOW.... before commiting yourself...... I have about 35 years experience here.... and still learning.......

By the time you finish learning there won’t be anything around worth learning for. 

Edited by Kadilo

On 4/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, Kenny202 said:

Mate. I assume the girls you are meeting are from bars or maybe internet dating sites. The paying your girl a wage thing is not Thai culture, it is bargirl culture. What she is effectively telling you is she will leave the bar if you pay her too. DO not be under any illusions they are making anything like 50k per month. Your average slapper would earn about 20k at very best. They don't work every single night and there wouldn't be too many pulling 3000 a punter. There is a week off for period. On the odd occasion they do make a few extra bucks they will stay away from work until its all gone. Its easy come easy go and she will treat your money the same. Do not fall for the "not have choice" crap and need take care family BS. They normally send around 3k per month back to take care of the kid or kids she will have to several different Thai men. These girls are working in the bars because they are lazy and uneducated. Many of us have been down this path. They are loveable and fun and all of that but they are hookers and will always be hookers. You've heard you can take the girl out of the bar but can not take the bar out of the girl? Don't think you are special because you are a young guy either. She would prefer an older guy with a fatter wallet, or preferably many. She wont want you to live with her either. She will be quite happy for you to stay in Australia earning the bucks and sending to her. You try and live with a bar girl she will be constantly assessing if she was better off in the bar or not. And in the end the bar will win out. They don't want to live in fancy farang houses or eat farang food. They are quite happy with the lifestyle they have.

I've lived here now around 7 years and the best advice I have heard is sort out where you want to live, then find the girl. I live up country Isaan. They will be queuing up for you and I mean stunners, decent girls with a job, education. Good families. They may try it on for money to if you let them but you have to follow your best judgement and be firm but fair. Once you have been here for a while you will come to realise there are millions more fish in the sea. The Thai guys give them nothing, just a lot of promises and a back hander when required. When the girl becomes too needy they simply find another. I don't condone any of this but strangely they seem to respect this. They certainly don't respect any weakness.

Of course if you find the right girl treat her with kindness and generosity but always keep control of the purse strings. Most I have known have no regard for future, family budgets etc. I would strongly advise not to buy any property here as it will be in your partners name. In any case it doesn't make financial sense. Not only will it give your wife leverage, you will never own it, more than likely never be able to resell it should you need to and in any case rent here is too cheap. Put the lease in your name too. Always stay in the drivers seat and in control. Any vehicles while it may be a little extra trouble, put them in your name. Never invest in anything in Thailand you can not afford to walk away from.

Lastly mate forget about about a bargirl. Most are uneducated and broken in some way, usually from abandonment and abuse as a child. Like I said lived here a while now and I've never heard of a happy ending although there would be some. The running gag here is "This one is different". In my experience they're pretty much all cast from the same mould. Lazy, erratic....and varying degrees of jealous and selfish violent tantrums and outbursts.  

Very well written,should be published in the Bangkok Post

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, Kenny202 said:

Mate. I assume the girls you are meeting are from bars or maybe internet dating sites. The paying your girl a wage thing is not Thai culture, it is bargirl culture. What she is effectively telling you is she will leave the bar if you pay her too. DO not be under any illusions they are making anything like 50k per month. Your average slapper would earn about 20k at very best. They don't work every single night and there wouldn't be too many pulling 3000 a punter. There is a week off for period. On the odd occasion they do make a few extra bucks they will stay away from work until its all gone. Its easy come easy go and she will treat your money the same. Do not fall for the "not have choice" crap and need take care family BS. They normally send around 3k per month back to take care of the kid or kids she will have to several different Thai men. These girls are working in the bars because they are lazy and uneducated. Many of us have been down this path. They are loveable and fun and all of that but they are hookers and will always be hookers. You've heard you can take the girl out of the bar but can not take the bar out of the girl? Don't think you are special because you are a young guy either. She would prefer an older guy with a fatter wallet, or preferably many. She wont want you to live with her either. She will be quite happy for you to stay in Australia earning the bucks and sending to her. You try and live with a bar girl she will be constantly assessing if she was better off in the bar or not. And in the end the bar will win out. They don't want to live in fancy farang houses or eat farang food. They are quite happy with the lifestyle they have.

I've lived here now around 7 years and the best advice I have heard is sort out where you want to live, then find the girl. I live up country Isaan. They will be queuing up for you and I mean stunners, decent girls with a job, education. Good families. They may try it on for money to if you let them but you have to follow your best judgement and be firm but fair. Once you have been here for a while you will come to realise there are millions more fish in the sea. The Thai guys give them nothing, just a lot of promises and a back hander when required. When the girl becomes too needy they simply find another. I don't condone any of this but strangely they seem to respect this. They certainly don't respect any weakness.

Of course if you find the right girl treat her with kindness and generosity but always keep control of the purse strings. Most I have known have no regard for future, family budgets etc. I would strongly advise not to buy any property here as it will be in your partners name. In any case it doesn't make financial sense. Not only will it give your wife leverage, you will never own it, more than likely never be able to resell it should you need to and in any case rent here is too cheap. Put the lease in your name too. Always stay in the drivers seat and in control. Any vehicles while it may be a little extra trouble, put them in your name. Never invest in anything in Thailand you can not afford to walk away from.

Lastly mate forget about about a bargirl. Most are uneducated and broken in some way, usually from abandonment and abuse as a child. Like I said lived here a while now and I've never heard of a happy ending although there would be some. The running gag here is "This one is different". In my experience they're pretty much all cast from the same mould. Lazy, erratic....and varying degrees of jealous and selfish violent tantrums and outbursts.  

agree. i have a latino friend that is also fluent in english and well versed in latino style romance and skill with women. he is pushing 70 but yes teaching english in issan he had attractive young gals queuing up and usually not for money.  i would not want6 to live in issan due to lack of other things to do and my love life is not priority

Edited by atyclb

On 4/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, Chivas said:

Make no mistake OP seeing you're getting mullered on the responses there will be plenty paying for reasons various in the 20-25k band no matter how many subsequently whinge otherwise

same as anywhere in the world.

50 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Why would somebody pay their 'girlfriend' a salary? 

So that she didn't need to work elsewhere.

We can't all gear our lives around the timetable of a 7-11 cashier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

Why don't you want your GF to have a career? A profession? A job?

What did she go to university for?

She went to university? 

Edited by Happy Grumpy

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Why don't you want your GF to have a career? A profession? A job?

What did she go to university for?

She went to university? 

no, that is actually a valid reason to compensate her,

if you do wish to spend more time with her then

her schedule allow for, -if you got the money for it that is

As my attention span is only 3 1/2 minutes, I haven't read all those posts. Sorry.
- I only remember my Granddad telling me some 50 years ago: "You pay for them one way or the other". Or: "You can pay them now or you can pay them later".

I always thought that this was some "timeless-wisdom". In case something should have changed in the meantime (and I missed it), I would greately appreciate it, if someone would introduce me to the new "modern times", so I can adapt and find my way in the new Universe. In case I missed something, that is.
Thanks.

24 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

no, that is actually a valid reason to compensate her,

if you do wish to spend more time with her then

her schedule allow for, -if you got the money for it that is

I thought most of you guys pay them to leave ????

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

But how many of the sob stories are true ?

On here its usually the same one regurgitated a few hundred times until its accepted as fact !!

This is one video, I've seen other videos in the past.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

We can't all gear our lives around the timetable of a 7-11 cashier.

It was not uncommon in Britain in Victorian and Edwardian times and before and probably elsewhere for an attractive woman to latch on to a wealthy bachelor or widower.

She might first work for him as a secretary or housekeeper until their relationship became more intimate and she no longer needed to work.

If they did not marry they lived in sin and it was an arrangement that suited both parties. She then became what was referred to as An Old Man's Darling.

Vanity Fair is the tale of one such girl. It's a story getting played out all over Thailand and in the PI every minute of the day.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

It was not uncommon in Britain in Victorian and Edwardian times and before and probably elsewhere for an attractive woman to latch on to a wealthy bachelor or widower.

She might first work for him as a secretary or housekeeper until their relationship became more intimate and she no longer needed to work.

If they did not marry they lived in sin and it was an arrangement that suited both parties. She then became what was referred to as An Old Man's Darling.

Vanity Fair is the tale of one such girl. It's a story getting played out all over Thailand and in the PI every minute of the day.

Edwardian, Victorian age? For God's sake yogi100. What you descibed is a typical Farang/Thai-Lady relationship in Pattaya in it's early stages.
Only difference: The Male (during the Edwardian/Victorian age), could never have legally lost his fame and fortune to his "housekeeper".
Rats! In todays Thailand "the Male" can easily lose his fame and fortune to the "housekeeper" if he is not careful.
That's the difference.
Otherwise, nothing much has changed.

• Thanks 1

If I want a nurse to look after me when I get old I can find her in Thailand.

40k salary would probably do the trick.  

She will clean , cook, shower me, etc. A dream wife...I mean nurse.

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

You don't want a GF that has an education, a career and a profession?

You want a paid maid that also pretends to like you?

Wow.

That's really quite sad. ????

i had a gf that was a highly successful business woman,

the sad part about it was i didnt get enough time with her,

and there was no prospect of ever finally get the time

i wanted with her, due to her business.

if i had had enough money to compensate her

for her income loss, i would have.

i ended it cause there was no hope of enough time, ever.