Paying Thai girlfriend a "salary"

Thanks for your reply.
I've learned on TVF to take these things slowly and let them develop. She is hardly deprived since she has no debt and no monthly expenses to speak of. 

As many have advised its always a happy option to increase her stipend, but not the reverse. As I mentioned in my post I am strongly considering an increase, and I do understand how much I benefit from her company. I gave her ฿25,000 for the month she is gone to her family for Songkran. 

You must have a mansion, or you are an utter slob if you pay a maid that much. [emoji12]Twice a month @฿1,000 each time is good enough for me. 

I was living before in a international housing compound where salary of maids were more like 25k. I have no idea why you brand me as an “utter slob” On forums all layers are represented of course..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

29 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

I was living before in a international housing compound where salary of maids were more like 25k. I have no idea why you brand me as an “utter slob” On forums all layers are represented of course..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry, you took my phrase the wrong way. I meant that if a maid had that much work to do then the house must be messy. You apparently ignored the emoji and chose to be offended instead. So be it. 

I'm guessing the 'compound' was run by a company, maybe not in Thailand, and your maid cleaned for a number of individuals and had other duties as well; maybe each unit was small, etc.

It's really irrelevant since maids here that come into a single house twice a month simply don't make 25k for a few hours work. That's a month's wages for a typical construction laborer who works at least 8 hours a day. 

If you wish to pay them that much you have my blessing. It's your money and your business. 

As your original reply stands it could certainly be taken as an offensive judgment on how I choose to spend my money, which is irrelevant to the topic of the post.

Perhaps the OP and TVF community would have been better served if you had addressed the OP directly with your opinion on proper wages for maids, or more to the point, 'salary' for a Thai mate. 

The end of this discussion from my end. 

On 4/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, SuperTed said:

How many times a week would surely depend on the man as well:

From twenty to thirty if a man lives right,

it's once in the morning and once at night

From thirty to forty if he still lives right, he misses a morning and sometimes a night.

From fifty to sixty it's now and then, from

sixty to seventy it's Christ knows when.

His sporting days are over, his little light is out,

what used to be his sex appeal is now his water spout.

etc, etc

I don’t know. The reality is you are with your woman every night the first year in a Thai relationship (first hand experiences), and three times a week is not unreasonable thereafter (from word of mouth). That is just not a reasonable expectation in East or South Asia or the West, especially if the woman is earning a real salary at a real job.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 AM, FarangOnTour said:

Do Thai men pay for Thai partners the same way Farangs do?

No, Thai women pay their Thai bf to smoke yaba and gamble

For clarity, I couldn't help but run some maths in my head after a lovely girl I met (from Issan)

I wonder how did you meet an Issan girl. Did you go to Issan to hunt for girls?

Assuming she meets an average of 16 customers per month and yields approx 50'000bhat she is looking for a Farang to supplement her current income when she gives up working upon entering a relationship.

I wonder what kind of work she would be giving up? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, onera1961 said:
On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, FarangOnTour said:

Do Thai men pay for Thai partners the same way Farangs do?

EVERYONE!!  Take Note!  LEARN from this.  It's one of the best pieces of advice you will get for free.  Other option, you can give everything gradually or at once.  Good luck in the LOS. 

One thing that kept coming up was the concept that the Farang must pay what is effectively a salary to his Thai girlfriend for the duration of the relationship."

"One thing that kept coming up was the concept that the customer must pay what is effectively a salary to his prostitute for the duration of the relationship." Is there any difference to you? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I wonder how did you meet an Issan girl. Did you go to Issan to hunt for girls?

I wonder what kind of work she would be giving up? 

I would not like to be married to a girl from Issan. But the one I've married many moons ago from Isaan is the best and sweetest women I've ever met.

Please calm down, not all Thai women are hookers who pay their Thai boyfriends Jaba and give them money to gamble. 

• Like 2

an old codger might pay 8-10, you are 31 ......  find a NON sex worker, be generous generally, at your age could/should be zero.

LOSE the one that said 50k, quick, in this country there are alternatives/replacements

Edited by Dan123
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 1:05 PM, petermik said:

now now that,s naughty and uncalled for......for a small "donation" and a couple of stitches all can be as new once more   :cheesy:

If u met a educated 1 who had a good job and a good salary u would not need to pay bars   

You are looking for a prospective partner in Thailand as a companion, hopefully for life, and you are calculating how much she may be making if she is getting banged. Widen you horizon, mate. Think about compatibility, education, current employment and salary, neediness scale, personality, money honey or not. There are good ones out there, you need to take your time and practice good judgement. 

On 4/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, RocketDog said:

Sorry, you took my phrase the wrong way. I meant that if a maid had that much work to do then the house must be messy. You apparently ignored the emoji and chose to be offended instead. So be it. 

I'm guessing the 'compound' was run by a company, maybe not in Thailand, and your maid cleaned for a number of individuals and had other duties as well; maybe each unit was small, etc.

It's really irrelevant since maids here that come into a single house twice a month simply don't make 25k for a few hours work. That's a month's wages for a typical construction laborer who works at least 8 hours a day. 

If you wish to pay them that much you have my blessing. It's your money and your business. 

As your original reply stands it could certainly be taken as an offensive judgment on how I choose to spend my money, which is irrelevant to the topic of the post.

Perhaps the OP and TVF community would have been better served if you had addressed the OP directly with your opinion on proper wages for maids, or more to the point, 'salary' for a Thai mate. 

The end of this discussion from my end. 

We paid a live in Maid / Nanny 14,000 baht... (Burmese who spoke Thai) - The Thai maids wouldn't work for that amount and wanted more. 

In the same complex there were Non-live in Maids / Nanny (Thai) who were getting 25,000 baht. 

My Wife's cousin also paid their Maid / Nanny a salary of 25,000 baht. 

My In Law's Pay their Live-In maid about 10,000 baht (she was hopeless). 

We've since moved and now my Son is a little older we have a Maid come twice per week and do all the housework for 800baht per day.  She works for us two days per week and other houses on other days. 

I guess she makes about 19,200 per month for her six days per week work. 

So.. thats how much maids in Bangkok make - Mileage may vary but I think I'm in the ball park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unpicking a couple of things.

You were here for almost no time and your eyes came out on stalks. It happens. Even now, I walk around and see drop dead gorgeous girls ... then you say you met a lovely girl ... you mean lovely to look at. Remember, beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Next, there is the monstrous salary request. Others will correct me but that salary equates to a bilingual graduate of good standing with some experience.

I do not know your girl but we really have read letters like yours many times.

Pretty girls galore. Willing girls. Horny foreigner feels urges. Foreigner's capacity for rational and objective thought shrinks in inverse proportion to the swelling of his John Thomas.

Go home and think straight. Find a more modest, lovely girl.

I pay Mrs T a salary and do so gladly but she is Mrs T and she does work with and for me. But 50,000 Baht? You have to be joking bonny lad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, todlad said:

Unpicking a couple of things.

You were here for almost no time and your eyes came out on stalks. It happens. Even now, I walk around and see drop dead gorgeous girls ... then you say you met a lovely girl ... you mean lovely to look at. Remember, beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.

Next, there is the monstrous salary request. Others will correct me but that salary equates to a bilingual graduate of good standing with some experience.

I do not know your girl but we really have read letters like yours many times.

Pretty girls galore. Willing girls. Horny foreigner feels urges. Foreigner's capacity for rational and objective thought shrinks in inverse proportion to the swelling of his John Thomas.

Go home and think straight. Find a more modest, lovely girl.

I pay Mrs T a salary and do so gladly but she is Mrs T and she does work with and for me. But 50,000 Baht? You have to be joking bonny lad!

amen

there is even a thai girl "go fund me" website called thaifriendly dot com

Edited by atyclb
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2019 at 7:29 PM, baansgr said:

Everyone pays their Mrs a salary here, even those that swear blind they dont as they are Bangkok Chinese. Its the way of Thailand, hence why Im single. 50k is way too steep

First time around I married a Dr 

Didn't pay her a penny , even in the divorce

On 4/4/2019 at 8:05 PM, petermik said:

now now that,s naughty and uncalled for......for a small "donation" and a couple of stitches all can be as new once more   :cheesy:

You can't unwind the mileage like an old Toyota, unfortunately  ????

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, FarangOnTour said:

Excuse me if I sound like a "cheap Charlie" but this does not seem 100% correct to me. Is this the case across the board, by which I mean; do all Farangs pay their Thai girlfriend/wife?

If this is the case how does one go about assessing the appropriate amount to give to a partner? Under what parameters are such assessments made?

Pretty much the same rules for Thai or foreigner, 10k/month plus accommodation and living expenses appears to be the norm, although I've met a few Thai guys who hand their entire wage over every payday.

Same rules in Cambodia but with a much younger girl.

Same rules in Vietnam but with a much prettier girl.

Same rules in the Philippines but she will speak better English and will understand you better.

And easier VISAs in all those countries if you marry or reproduce with a local.

PS. Your wage calculations are way off, rural farm workers are lucky to get 3k/month, a pretty young and slim go-go girl can easily get 60k/month in any of the big cities. The prettier girls can manage 3-4 customers a day if they're hard workers.

PPS. The 10k I pay mine includes our electricity bill and she has to look after my 7yo son as 'mom'.

She's not required to cook or clean for me, I can do that myself.

Edited by BritManToo

Ask your self do you think your the only fool in paradise, who will be sending her money, as these girls allways each have many boy friends it's there job to extract as much cash as possable from as many different men as possable all sending money. Sex is just a body funtoin in Thailand like taking a pee or a dump on a toilet. Move on in your life, it's allways better to rent a woman then buy one this way you just trade them in for a newer model. Pretend to go home while your with this girl then return with out her knowing I can guarantee she will be working on a nother foreigner to extract more regular income. Bar girls can't live on love it's a game they all play. I lived in Thailand over 9 years and see this regular all day long you can witness it. I've had them talking to there boy friends on the phone many times different Thai females, while I'm having sex with them. These females only ever have a problem if 2 or more boy, friends turn up at the same time. Move on and don't be used just for that very exspensive hole between her legs. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, grollies said:

Christ on a bike, not again?

Hahaha you've been hit by, you've been struck by a smooth criminal, lol. <deleted> me mate, go hang out in Shopping Centres, restaurants, and meet a lady that has some self respect mate, not a blood sucking leech. She will be trying to do this across 4time zones, thats all they are good at. You will purchase her a motorbike, Iphone and tablet etc which she will somehow dutifully lose or get stolen all the time, extra of course will be needed because grandma or mama has a life threatening disease, and of course the absolute piece de resistance, the water buffalo has a <deleted> broken leg, hahaha. Also the motorbike will have its green book taken by a loan shark because she has refinanced the <deleted>. Take my advice, love is security for these <deleted> nothing else, I repeat nothing else, you will continually feel like your the second or third class person in this relationship. Generally it all comes unstuck when you decide to stay longer than a week or two, as she then has to start communicating with the other guys across the world, she can only say she has to go to jungle with no telephone reception for a short while, I guess by now your getting my drift. Take your time mate. Find an educated lady, they are so much easier on you at the end of the day. If a bar girl or thai freindly or Badoo girl can speak good english, or play good pool and has tattoos <deleted> run Forrest run. Better of sponsoring a Uni student at least they are trying to improve their lot. My girl has her own job own car own money and tries to pay her way for everything, I dont let her, zibtell her to pay her car off sooner, she is a real diamond. Oh these uneducated barwhores from Isaan gamble your hard earned cash away without a thought as to how long it took you to make. Wise up Forrest.

Hahaha you've been hit by, you've beenstruck by a smooth criminal, lol.<deleted> me mate, go hang out in Shopping Centres, restaurants, and meet a lady that has some self respect mate, not a blood sucking leech. She will be trying to do this across 4timezones, thats all they are good at. You will purchase her a motorbike, Iphone and tablet etc which she will somehow dutifully lose or get stolen all the time, extra of course will be needed becausegrandma or mama has a life threatening disease, and of course the absolute piece de resistance, the water buffalo has a <deleted> broken leg, hahaha. Also the motorbike will have its green book taken by a loan shark because she has refinanced the <deleted>. Take my advice, love is security for these <deleted> nothing else, I repeat nothing else, you will continually feel like your the second or third class person in this relationship. Generally it all comes unstuck when you decide to stay longer than a week or two, as she then has to start communicating with the other guys across the world, she can only say she has to go to jungle with no telephone reception for a short while, I guess by now your getting my drift. Take your time mate. Find an educated lady, they are so much easier on you at the end of the day. If a bar girl or thai freindly or Badoo girl can speak good english, or play good pool and has tattoos <deleted> run Forrest run. Better of sponsoring a Uni student at least they are trying to improve their lot. My girl has her own job own car own money and tries to pay her way for everything, I dont let her, I tell her to pay her car off sooner, she is a real diamond. Oh these uneducated barwhores from Isaan gamble your hard earned cash away without a thought as to how long it took you to make. Wise up Forrest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, FarangOnTour said:

Thank you. Yea, I won't be parting with money anytime soon. Was just asking as I am interested to know what Farangs think about this in general. Although judging by some of the replies I should have checked for similar threads before creating this one.

*Hangs head in shame ????

and then if you marry her you are expected to pay SINSOD  similar to a dowry and that can be extortionate!

I married a Thai lady I met in USA, we lived in USA for a while then I wanted to move to Thailand to be come semi retired. I guess I am married long enough and living in Thailand long enough to know a lots of things.

I specially asked to my wife about this topic and she just laughed. You don't pay salary to your GF or wife. Unless you are getting into relationship with a hooker. But other than that of course you should take care of your woman either, GF or wife. Stay away from a woman who is asking you for salary because she can change her job if someone else pays her better salary than you. So she is an unofficial hooker.

• Like 1