Jeff Bezos keeps Amazon voting power in $35bn divorce settlement

webfact

You are delusional. As such I am done. Amazon has been doing more than the market based upon news of a good settlement. Bezos runs AMZN and she is smart enough to let it rise. For your information AMZN is on fire and Jeff's wife has benefited from this. I remember buying AMZN 3 months ago at $1,375 and now it is worth $1,839.

They will both become richer by doing this.

But, doesn’t this prove the free market agrees, a random woman pretending to have say in such a venture being iced out, makes the price rise.. that this is a good thing? I think you’re trying to argue around me when you could just say yes, he lucked out only paying 35 billion to a questionable woman who only tagged along for his future wealth. It’s very obvious that any woman involved in any technology venture (HP, And others) Simply hamstrings a future growth prospect.

Meanwhile, for others involved in nascent industries, it serves as a lesson to not fall prey to p**sy, and worry about building your legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

But, doesn’t this prove the free market agrees, a random woman pretending to have say in such a venture being iced out, makes the price rise.. that this is a good thing? I think you’re trying to argue around me when you could just say yes, he lucked out only paying 35 billion to a questionable woman who only tagged along for his future wealth. It’s very obvious that any woman involved in any technology venture (HP, And others) Simply hamstrings a future growth prospect.

$35 billion was the deal of the century.

1 minute ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

Success is one thing. attaching it to someone whom was only there for the long term gains is another scenario entirely.

They started the company together. I guess you are so much smarter than Bezos you protect your billions upon billions of dollars with pre-nups?

6 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

This whole saga once again reinforces what my sainted father told me as a young man (censored for TV)

The screwing you got, ain't worth the screwing you get

She will be worth $100 billion in two years. Jeff will become the world's first trillionaire after that.

Edited by Cryingdick

They started the company together. I guess you are so much smarter than Bezos you protect your billions upon billions of dollars with pre-nups?

I invite you to name the contribution of a faceless straggler woman to one of the worlds greatest minds. This is like giving Melinda Gates credit for Microsoft.

who cares.  He is obscenely rich, even after the divorce. She has got her bung, good for her. Neither of them will make one ounce of difference to the majority of the Worlds population;  move on.  

4 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

I invite you to name the contribution of a faceless straggler woman to one of the worlds greatest minds. This is like giving Melinda Gates credit for Microsoft.

why do you care?  Why should any of us care what they do with their money?  Good on her. 

why do you care?  Why should any of us care what they do with their money?  Good on her. 

Principle is an oft-forgotten thing in today’s world. But, I will stand by my statement that some random woman simply got lucky by waiting long enough to cash out on a fool who trusted her. This scenario plays out across the world very often.

1 minute ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

Principle is an oft-forgotten thing in today’s world. But, I will stand by my statement that some random woman simply got lucky by waiting long enough to cash out on a fool who trusted her. This scenario plays out across the world very often.

sorry, but for me  its a big shrug of the shoulders,  I truly don't care what they do in their lives and how much dosh they accumulate.  They are mostly self absorbed parasites on society and not of much interest to me. I might like and use their products, I don't have to like them. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

sorry, but for me  its a big shrug of the shoulders,  I truly don't care what they do in their lives and how much dosh they accumulate.  They are mostly self absorbed parasites on society and not of much interest to me. I might like and use their products, I don't have to like them. 

What have you done that's so great? Have you created this level of wealth and become one of the first companies to respect a $15 an hour minimum wage?

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

What have you done that's so great? Have you created this level of wealth and become one of the first companies to respect a $15 an hour minimum wage?

it's got nothing to do with me, we're talking about him and her.  I'm at least still married to the lady I wed 22 years ago, so that's more than he has managed. Yes I know he was married for 25 years, but his/her clock has stopped, Mrs P and mine is still going strong.  

Edited by Pilotman

40 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

it's got nothing to do with me, we're talking about him and her.  I'm at least still married to the lady I wed 22 years ago, so that's more than he has managed. Yes I know he was married for 25 years, but his/her clock has stopped, Mrs P and mine is still going strong.  

The story is about Bezos not you.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I used to watch Lauren Sanchez as a news archor on a small TV station back in the U.S. some years back... Easy on the eyes, and perky fun on TV....    But at a cost of THIRTY FIVE BILLION DOLLARS???   You gotta be sh****** me....

Sanchez.jpg.b8c5679920b1935a7918fc9311341a9b.jpg

looks like about any middle aged ladyboy to me lol

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

and don't forget have you built your company by evading taxes and strategically placing warehouses where you can avoid even more taxes?

have you squeezed everything out of your employees so they are so frightened of getting fired that delivery truck drivers are peeing in bottles?

and the list goes on who gives a flying fark about the 15 per hour he pays in a sweatshop don't worry he will soon locate those jobs to a lower paying zone once the media heat is off.

and have you created over one hundred billion dollars for your personal enjoyment?  what a great man who can take so much and give so little!

do you work for the cyclops?

4 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

looks like about any middle aged ladyboy to me lol

Yes  but if you got the chance to have a bit of fun with her, would you say no, im not into ladyboys, no you would get stuck in.????????

• Haha 2

So this puts to rest and doubt s prenup is a good idea.  But in ghid case they grew this fortune together.   But you can be guaranteed he will have a prenup with his next wife if he's stupid enough to get married