My Non O Visa Extension

I was extending my non O visa based on marriage the other day.

I went to the immi. in Pattaya with all my paperwork (the same as I used last year). My thai bank does not have regular transfers, but I have transfered allmost 500.000 bath just to be sure to be over the 40.000 bath a month requirement (if it is a requirement when you have a government certified pension)

I am a Norwegian citizen and have a government pension from Norway. My original papers are issued from the ministry of finance in Norway, and noterized by the court in my home town. I also went to the Norwegian consulate here in Pattaya to get all the paperwork certified by the Norwegian embassy. Guess what! I got rejected, and the reason was that I wasn't trasfering 40.000 every month.

so I had to produce bank statements from my Norwegian bank (witch showed I had spent another 1.500.000 bath withdrawn from ATM machines), and make a new application so I had to pay application fees twice to get my visa.

The immi. officer assured me that everything was OK conserning my paperwork, but 500.000 bath a year was not enough to support my family.

So I guess rejecting applicants on no relevant grounds, and demanding extra application fees is the new way for the government to tax us.

I was at immi. the first time one month before my previous ext. expired and nobody mentiend any foreign bank statments at that point witch gave me 3 days (4 of my 7 days where allready past) to produce 13 months of bank statements

but I guess TiT

Morty

On a one year ext. At double price.

PS!

the moment my bank statements where present I got the stamp in 10 min.

Edited by Morty

I went to the immi. in Pattaya with all my paperwork (the same as I used last year). My thai bank does not have regular transfers, but I have transfered allmost 500.000 bath just to be sure to be over the 40.000 bath a month requirement (if it is a requirement when you have a government certified pension)

I am a Norwegian citizen and have a government pension from Norway. My original papers are issued from the ministry of finance in Norway, and noterized by the court in my home town. I also went to the Norwegian consulate here in Pattaya to get all the paperwork certified by the Norwegian embassy. Guess what! I got rejected, and the reason was that I wasn't trasfering 40.000 every month.

so I had to produce bank statements from my Norwegian bank (witch showed I had spent another 1.500.000 bath withdrawn from ATM machines), and make a new application so I had to pay application fees twice to get my visa.

The immi. officer assured me that everything was OK conserning my paperwork, but 500.000 bath a year was not enough to support my family.

So I guess rejecting applicants on no relevant grounds, and demanding extra application fees is the new way for the government to tax us.

I was at immi. the first time one month before my previous ext. expired and nobody mentiend any foreign bank statments at that point witch gave me 3 days (4 of my 7 days where allready past) to produce 13 months of bank statements

but I guess TiT

Morty

PS!

In Bangkok, with the copy of the pension and the statement of income notarized by the Embassy/Consulate. Is all the proof needed to get approved for income. You do not need to show any bank statement.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

but I guess TiT

Morty

PS!

In Bangkok, with the copy of the pension and the statement of income notarized by the Embassy/Consulate. Is all the proof needed to get approved for income. You do not need to show any bank statement.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

tnx for your quick reply!

My first application was sendt to Bangkok, or at least that's what Pattaya immi. claims, and they where telling me that it was BKK who wanted the extra bank statements, and that they where also the ones sitting on the paperwork for a month. that what makes me confused.

Sending them extra documentation should not, IMO, require a new application fee.

But, then again, TiT. It might be a new way of collecting tea money.

Does the law require you to send more then 40.000 on a monthly basis?

Does the law require you to send more then 40.000 on a monthly basis?

No. It doesn't even require proof the 40K has been sent to Thailand. However the Immigration Officer can make up the rules if he wants. This is why some people use our firm to help process the visa. Our lawyers point out to the officer when they come up with requirements that are not required or we simply climb the ladder to the next officer in rank.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com