Boeing to reduce 737 production in wake of MAX crashes - statement

rooster59

Boeing to reduce 737 production in wake of MAX crashes - statement

800x800 (1).jpg

FILE PHOTO: An aerial photo shows Boeing 737 MAX airplanes parked at the Boeing Factory in Renton, Washington, U.S. March 21, 2019. REUTERS/Lindsey Wasson/File Photo

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Boeing Co plans to cut the rate of its 737 production to 42 airplanes per month from 52 as it works to manage the grounding of its MAX aircraft in the wake of two deadly crashes, Chief Executive Officer Dennis Muilenburg said in a statement on Friday.

Muilenburg said the company now knows that a chain of events caused Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines accidents, with erroneous activation of so-called MCAS anti-stall software "a common link" between the two.

The company continues to make progress on a 737 MAX software update to prevent "accidents like these from ever happening again," he said.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-07

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am not sure an agency exists that knows more about airplanes than Boeing does.

But that's  not the discussion so is irrelevant, it was a  slag off Trump it's  all his  fault discussion I replied to.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

So who was it who created the fiasco known as the 737 Max? The FAA? The reason Boeing created this jury-rigged fiasco was that Airbus had blindsided them with a better plane in the A320.

I don't think that there are people with the talent to diagnose the airplane and it's computer systems alive right now. Certainly not outside of the industry itself. It's a bit of a problem. I could ask my drunken Thai uncle he has flown on a plane before. 

3 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

Budget is irrelevant compared to procedure. The fact they have 180’d on an aircraft they now proclaim unsafe tells me the are incompetent, regardless of funding. Not to mention allowing said corporation to conduct its own safety inspections and reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's as I said the relevant agencies lack the talent to assess it.

1 hour ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

I find this whole saga very interesting. The fact China, USA and E.U. all approved an aircraft they later determine unsafe gives me very little confidence in their procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

"The fact China, USA and E.U. all approved an aircraft"

Unfortunately it is impractical to examine every nut and bolt let alone analyze the software of all the onboard system, they accepted Boeing's self-certifications which turned out to be flawed. 

What ever happen to  DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)???

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump is also responsible for every kitten that died since his birth.

Yep... trump is an evil evil man

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

This is really getting tiring and a good section of the American population is becoming sick of it. 

Would that be the die hard maga minions section?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1